Best gig extra ideas for editing/proofreading gigs?

vanessacorr

Hi everyone!

First time posting here in the forum. I have been on Fiverr since March 2020 offering gigs in writing/proofreading/editing. I recently added “24 hour delivery” as a gig extra, which surprisingly has led to a surge in sales. I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas for good gig extras to suit this category.

Thanks for your input! 😃

I can help with the following texts (non-exhaustive list):

• essays
  • assignments
  • term projects
  • theses

The above is from one of your gigs.

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

If you type “academic gig denied” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as you are risking your account.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy! 🙂

• essays
  • assignments
  • term projects
  • theses

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

If you type “academic gig denied” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as you are risking your account.

Hi! I do not engage in anything unethical. I offer proofreading and editing, which is perfectly acceptable. Most schools actually offer this service through academic writing centers or librarians. I do not write anyone’s assignment for them. It is not unethical or against any moral code nor Fiverr’s TOS to read people’s work and correct their grammar or point out which sentences don’t make sense.

Please consider being more kind and polite when writing to other people online. Giving others the benefit of the doubt also helps. If you had correctly read my gig description, you would see that I don’t state that I will write anyone’s assignment.

Take care,

Vanessa

• essays
  • assignments
  • term projects
  • theses

Unethical Services

To clarify that my services follow guidelines, I have revised my gig description. Thank you for your input

To clarify that my services follow guidelines, I have revised my gig description. Thank you for your input

To clarify that my services follow guidelines, I have revised my gig description.

Not quite… The following is taken from your proofreading gig (bold from the original text).

I will (manually) meticulously read through your academic essay, perform edits, (…) The feedback will be clear, concise, and constructive so that you may seamlessly implement it and improve your essay. The goal is to refine your essay so you can get the grade you deserve . (…) I can work on high school, college, and university essays of any length or topic.

Unless you listen and follow @lloydsolutions’s kind advice, your gig(s) is/are most likely to get removed by Fiverr and you to get a warning. But as always: your gig(s), your account, your decision.

You, too, take care!

Archived