Best Practices for New Fiverr Sellers
As a new seller on Fiverr, you want to offer the best experience possible for your customers. The following tips, guidelines, and best practices will help you grow and become a top Fiverr seller, and achieve the growth you need to manage and build your business online.
verr Policies and Guidelines
We want to ensure that Fiverr is a high-quality marketplace, which is why it’s important for all members to be aware of our policies and guidelines. Here are our main policies and guidelines so that both you and your customers have the best Fiverr experience possible.
Keep it real
- Use a profile picture to put a face to your name.
- Include an accurate and informative description of your professional background.
- Make sure to add your accurate education and skills to showcase your expertise and qualification.
- Fill out the Professional Website section while setting up your profile for extra credibility with Fiverr’s moderation teams.
Clean communication is key
- To maintain a professional marketplace, the service you’re providing should align with our Terms of Service.
- All communication regarding your business should be kept on Fiverr. When communicating on Fiverr, you are enjoying the benefits of our platform’s ease of use, security, and having someone to turn to in case a problem arises.
- Be professional when communicating with your customers. Be polite and use courteous language. Send them informative updates and messages of value to maintain a collaborative relationship.
- Spamming is not allowed on Fiverr. Please respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything not directly related to their Gigs or orders. If you receive a spam message or a message violating our TOS, use the spam or report icon accordingly.
- The best way to get a good review is to be professional, responsive, and courteous. Asking customers for positive ratings goes against our terms.
- And most importantly, don’t discriminate based on gender, religion, ethnicity or nationality. Diversity is an integral part of Fiverr!
Optimizing Your Gig’s Content
We’re here to help you take your business to the next level. Here’s how to create a Gig that will take center stage and help you stand out from the rest.
The right words can attract the right customers. Here’s what you’ll need to optimize your content:
A clever, concise title
This is your first impression. It’s what shows up in the search, so incorporate the most relevant keyword in your title so that your service will appear in the search results. Also, your Gig title starts with, “I will,” so make sure it’s followed by a strong verb.
Browse your subcategory to see what the most common keywords are for your service. Then make sure you add the relevant search tags to your Gig.
Describe what you offer
This is the section where you make the case for yourself as a Fiverr seller. Be clear about what you offer, the value of it, the target audience, and then describe your work process. When relevant, specify what languages, platforms, and software you will use. Don’t forget to include keywords that your target customers will look for. Mention your turnaround time as well.
Give them all the answers
To ensure it’s a perfect match between you and a customer, include FAQs about your services. This way, there’s no confusion as to what you will deliver.
Use a template in your Gig requirements
To save time, set expectations and avoid misunderstandings: Give your customer a form they can fill out to specify exactly what they need. Make sure the form covers everything you need to start working on the order.
Optimizing Your Gig’s Gallery
Drive customers to your services with stunning visuals by perfecting your gallery with these tips:
Add appealing images to make the best first impression
Create a portfolio with three different work samples. Your images should be original and high-resolution. For non-visual services, create a unique and relevant image that explains your Gig and attracts customers. Tip: To add credibility to your Gig, we recommend including a photo of yourself in your Gig image. Once your image is uploaded, review your Gig card to ensure your image is centralized and looks good!
Upload a video. Gigs with videos perform better!
Flaunt your skills by uploading a showreel, a web/app preview, or simply a video of yourself explaining what you bring to the table. You can also upload a PDF with your resume and more work samples.
Watch this video to help you get off to a great start!
Pricing Your Gig
Now that you know how to describe your Gig, let’s talk about how to price your Gig so you can start earning more.
When considering how to price your Gig, think about the following:
- How long does the service take you to complete?
- What is your time worth?
- Keep in mind that your net revenue will be 80% of the purchased amount.
Below are some pricing best practices.
Set your price
- Check out what the average rate in the marketplace is for the service you’re offering to know how to price your Gigs.
- Take advantage of Gig extras and offer extras in addition to your packages.
- Customized pricing - Use the Custom Offer feature to generate specific Gig offers, tailored to your customers’ business needs.
Give customers more choices
- Capture a larger audience by creating at least three packages at three different price points.
- Begin with a starting price and work your way up from there.
Optimize your business
- As you grow your business and your reputation on Fiverr, it’s an opportunity to raise your rates to maximize your potential.
Want to learn more? Check out this video for some more great tips.
Promoting Your Gig
Now that you’ve optimized your Gig, let’s promote that optimized Gig of yours with these marketing features:
Promote Yourself :
This feature gives you three ways to share and promote your Gig:
- Custom offers: Generate custom offers for customers who need a more personalized service offering.
- Seller badge embed: Create a badge and embed it on your blog or website to drive more traffic to your Gig.
- Social media share: Share your seller profile on all your social media to get your followers in on the action.
This can be an effective tool to jump start your business, by seeing relevant buyer requests and offering your services to them.
Watch this video to learn more about custom offers.
Connecting With Your Customers
Connecting with your customers will help you stay on top when it comes to being the best of the best at Fiverr.
Here are some tips for how to best connect with your customers on Fiverr.
Rapid replies win more customers: Being responsive to customers will create a positive experience and help you build a strong reputation on Fiverr. Make sure you provide thorough and informative updates to your customers throughout the entire process. Use the Fiverr app to respond to your messages anytime and from anywhere.
Use the Quick Response feature: Use pre-written templates or create your own right above the message area in an inbox, to help you reply faster—even when you’re busy.
Keep customers updated throughout the process : Let customers know you’re there for them and have everything you need to get started, once you receive their order requirements. Follow up on any questions or concerns they may have to give them the confidence they need.
Structure your work process and create clarity - Let customers know beforehand when they should be expecting to receive drafts, their delivery, and any feedback.
Deliver quality work. Make sure the delivery fulfills your customers’ requirements and is of top quality work. Follow up with customers to ensure they’re pleased with the work they got.
Deliver on time and give your customers the best experience possible. This is extremely important for your progress and success as a seller on Fiverr. Need more time to deliver your work? Be proactive and let your customer know ahead of time and request a delivery due date extension in the Resolution Center.
Don’t just meet your customer’s expectations…exceed them!
Managing Your Orders
Managing Your Orders
Now that you’ve optimized, priced, and promoted your Gig, use these suggestions to better manage your orders and deliveries.
Take charge of your business with these order management features:
- Seller dashboard: This is the engine of your business! Here you’ll find all the information necessary to manage your business.
- Order limit: Too many orders and not enough time? Limit the number of orders you can receive for each Gig by going to“Selling,” then “Gigs,” and then selecting the relevant Gig to set the limit.
- Delivery extension: Delivering on time is a key factor in giving the best experience to your customers and being a successful Fiverr seller. However, in the unlikely event that you can’t finish an order on time, contact the customer as soon as possible to request more time. Visit the Resolution Center to resolve the matter promptly.
- Out of Office: This feature lets customers know you’re unavailable and can’t take new orders. Set the time, add a quick note, and then activate it. After the time’s up, the “Out of Office” mode will automatically deactivate.
And here are some tips to help you better manage your orders:
- For each order, make sure all communication with your customer is done in the order page, including messages and drafts. Only when the work is finalized, send it as a delivery.
- Delivered the order? Great! You can follow up with the customer to ensure they have everything they need.
- Orders are automatically completed if the customer doesn’t accept the delivery or requests revisions within three days.
Remember, the more active you are on Fiverr, the more exposure your Gig gets! Your Gig will be paused if you’re not active for more than 30 days. You can unpause your Gig at any point from your seller’s Gig page.