Fiverr Forum

Best Selling Gig Suddenly "Denied"

I had a gig live for over a month, and had many sales and excellent feedback. I looked today because I have not gotten any sales in a few days, but the gig has been changed to “denied”. No email or explanation. What do I do?

It never came up, actually. Everyone who contacted me either had a legit product that worked or a well-written eBook. If it did, my plan was to find positive things about the book to talk about.

Either way, I’m a little disappointed (especially since I type in “Amazon Reviews” and get over 1,000 results). I’ll find something else to do.

Go on MY GIGS>>go on DENIED>> track that gig that is Denied>> Click on ACTIVATE !

Look if will go on ACTIVE now.Becouse one time my gig was on same situation and i have done this way.If not, then talk to support : support@fiverr.com

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Venusgirl, there’ no more Activate button one denied. The only button there is DELETE.

The only button I have is Delete. Other people still have the same thing posted and I had regular clients. Not sure what to do?

What did the gig offer?

Amazon reviews

I had a couple flagged for images though? Is something wrong with the images I’m using? Maybe I should make a video and repost with a picture of a stack of books or something…

A gig that offers to leave ‘false’ reviews on an external website is against the rules of Fiverr (and it is actually illegal in most countries). It may have been successful in the past, but Fiverr has managed to catch up to the thing that you were doing and deleted it accordingly.

They will now check through every gig that you offer from here on out so you have no chance of being able to offer the same thing.

The gig may have been reported or they just ‘stumbled’ across it. In either case, you can’t offer that type of gig.

I actually encouraged people to let me purchase the product with the appropriate amount of gigs to cover the purchase price. The majority of my gigs were verified Amazon purchases from one US account.

new_inkling said:
  • I actually encouraged people to let me purchase the product with the appropriate amount of gigs to cover the purchase price. The majority of my gigs were verified Amazon purchases from one US account.

Even then, you are not allowed to take payment for leaving a review as obviously it would not be accurate. You are unlikely to leave a negative review on something you are getting paid for, right?

new_inkling said:
  • Either way, I'm a little disappointed (especially since I type in "Amazon Reviews" and get over 1,000 results). I'll find something else to do.

Those gigs will be removed as and when they are found! i.e. if somebody reports the gig from outside of Fiverr or if somebody inside of Fiverr mentions it. They do not go out willingly searching for the gigs (as far as I know!)

The point is that you still can't receive money for reviews. It would not be fair. If you received money for reviewing then it needs to be clearly stated in the review. You could type all the negative things in the world, but if you receive money or remuneration for the review then it needs to be said. I used to own a website which reviewed games. I had to start on a separate page that I was receiving free product in order to offer the reviews.

Reply to @ryangillam: I do honest Amazon reviews. I even send the reviews for the buyers to check them out before posting. If their book is great, I just go ahead and post.

I’ll tell you what though, some of the reviews don’t make it to Amazon. Sometimes I wonder if the buyer will cancel because they didn’t like what I said. But for $5 it doesn’t seem like they bother to “retaliate”. :slight_smile:

Exactly. If you are purchasing the book and providing feedback, I don’t see the problem. People need reviews on Amazon and they are almost impossible to get if you are a new writer/seller.

This exact thing has just happened to me. I’d prided myself on writing honest, detailed reviews. I read every single book that I was asked to review, and my reviews were all constructive. Am really disgusted that Fiverr has simply removed this without even having the good grace to contact me.

Well,

To be on the safe side, I just went looking for the TOS, but I cannot find anything on writing (fake) reviews being illegal.

Ok, it says that illegal services are not allowed. But how are you to know whether something is illegal at times. Sometimes something that is illegal in the US, is allowed in other countries and vice versa.

I started wondering about that because it is something that is commonly done in my country too, and I could not find a section on gigs that are not allowed.

I just heard from another friend… same thing. I guess they are just cracking down on them now :frowning:

belgianwriter said:
To be on the safe side, I just went looking for the TOS, but I cannot find anything on writing (fake) reviews being illegal.
Ok, it says that illegal services are not allowed. But how are you to know whether something is illegal at times. Sometimes something that is illegal in the US, is allowed in other countries and vice versa.

Illegal means it is against the ToS of the other website. Writing 'fake' reviews is against the ToS of Amazon.

Ok :slight_smile: Thank you for your explanation.

That makes things clearer for me. I found some online information though on (fake) reviews being illegal in the US, or some states at least.