Beware: Buyers can leave negative feedback on orders

ryangillam

Even if the negative feedback is not related to the order in question.

Example; I delivered a gig mid way through last year. The customer re-ordered but I told him I was sick, he said he would wait for the delivery (I offered a mutual cancellation which was declined). Fast forward to this morning:

The late delivery was cancelled (That’s fine!). However, the client took the previous order and left a negative feedback on it which relates to the order that was cancelled (i.e. highlighting the delay). There were no problems with the previous order. In fact, he was happy with it. However, he is allowed to leave negative feedback on it just because he was not happy with a later one. That is just…unfair. Customer Support will not remove it but will not give reasons for that “we will not discuss this feedback with you” This means that I have ended up with a rather harsh and factually inaccurate feedback PLUS a late delivery cancellation. Two feedbacks for the price of one.

Unfair. Really. Unfair.

I don’t mind negative feedback (I very rarely get it, in fact, the only negative feedback I have is related to late delivery). What I do mind is the fact that people can lie on the feedback to make situations a whole lot worse than they are and get away with it.

Guest luna_dreamer07

This is what makes Levels unfair for one reason: we can achieve Levels 1 and 2, but can quickly be knocked down by Buyers that amuse themselves by cancelling and/or leaving horrid feedback, when we try our hardest to make them happy. There are probably plenty of Sellers that have been knocked out of their levels without deserving it.

Even those without levels are unfairly damaged by Buyers that wreck the system.

Best of luck to you in the future. Troublesome Buyers are hard to cope with, but stay strong!

Archived