Beware of buyers that cancel after you deliver [ARCHIVED]

I had a terrible experience with the “buyer” FRAGGLESROCK. from this website http://FRAGGLESROCK.com/
BEWARE
They hired me to write content for their website and when I had delivered, they canceled the gig arguing that the content wasn’t what they were asking for.
After the gig got cancelled because, apparently, here the client is always right, I find out they have published the content I produced and that they didn’t pay for!

They are a company that supposedly produces website content. They outsource it to fiverr sellers, then they cancel after the content has been delivered and they publish it without having to pay for it.

The username they contacted me with was: “fragglesrock”

If anybody else has had this experience, share which people and companies are abusing Fiverr sellers.

Sheriff’s Note: It is not cool (or allowed) to call out others on the Forum.

Hi sorry this has happened i dont think you are allowed to call people out by name but what you can do is send a message to fiverr CS with you prof of the work you done and also of them cancellation. if their is a patten fiverr should take care of it. Also you need to put a copyright claim on your work. May be even send a message to their hosting of the copy right infringement.

This happened a lot of time with us. In most of the cases we offer a complete revision( a complete redo). We often managed to satisfy those buyers and eventually they added very generous positive reviews which helped to boost our profile.

We never investigated if they published the rejected product or not.

After reading your post we think we should investigate on that as well.

I would if they did not pay for it they should not be using it. Make sure you contact CS and keep us updated.

Reply to @work_in: I always offer a full revision, but they refused it, which I found weird because they had purchased my gig with ALL my extras, so it was a very lengthy text. Took me forever to do it. I rejected their cancelation, said I could revise, they refused and cancelled. I should have realized what they were up to.

Next thing you know, they’ve taken my work, published it and paid me nothing.

Reply to @eddycloyd: I think it’s completely unfair not to be able to warn others about buyers who are abusing Fiverr sellers, because they’re going to keep on doing it. They sell content, so they’re literally reselling content that Fiverr sellers produce and that they haven’t paid for! So they don’t work and on top of it, make money from Fiverr sellers. We should be able to point out such scammers by name. Then good luck to all suckers like me that get scammed by them.

CS, as usual, has done NOTHING.

Okay, here’s a tip that another writer gave me back when this happened to me for the first time: Start a blog, on whichever platform your prefer, and if a buyer cancels an order after you’ve delivered it, immediately post what you wrote on that blog. That way, you can easily file a DMCA takedown (there are plenty of websites on Google that explain how to do this) if you find your content on their website. Most of the time, this is a writer’s only way of ensuring that a buyer doesn’t cheat them out of work. I think you can still post it and file the complaint, even if they posted the content on their webpage first. You don’t get the money for the work you did, but at least they can’t use the content without being flagged.

I just hate this type of byuer the cheap-o type of byuer who want to get everything for free and if you dont comply to what he sais he threats to rate and review you badly even when you have done everything perfectly !

Reply to @valeriebenguiat: am on your side i was just given you a heads up before the Sheriff sent you a message. What is maybe a good idea is have a site for us sellers like “the ripoff report” so these people who come to fiverr and use and abuse us can be put on notice.

Why did you accept the cancellation the second time?

Because I’m naive and honest. If someone honestly doesn’t like my work, they’re free to cancel, it’s their right. Well, WAS. Now that this has happened to me, nevermore.

If a buyer cancels you should immediately publish it somewhere else. Therefore, you will have the content up before them and if they publish, they will be the one facing consequences for stolen work.

I just now accepted a cancellation because I knew I would get a bad review if I didn’t and I didn’t want to ruin my 5 star rating. I auditioned for the guy so he knew my voice when he hired me. He said the first read was fine, but sited a few complaints that were not legitimate. When I showed him where he was mistaken, he did not apologize. But I did another take for him because he thought the first one was a little ‘flat’. I thought my second take was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. But he came back with a request for a cancellation (if that was okay with me, he said.) I put in several hours of work on this, to no avail. $50.00 lost. Well, after fiverr takes their share. There seems to be no recourse.

As for me, I just now accepted a cancellation because I knew I would get a bad review if I didn’t and I didn’t want to ruin my 5 star rating. I auditioned for the guy so he knew my voice when he hired me. He said the first read was fine, but sited a few complaints that were not legitimate. When I showed him where he was mistaken, he did not apologize. But I did another take for him because he thought the first one was a little ‘flat’. I thought my second take was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. But he came back with a request for a cancellation (if that was okay with me, he said.) I put in several hours of work on this, to no avail. $50.00 lost. Well, after fiverr takes their share. There seems to be no recourse.

Thread originated 2014. Closed to new content.

Yeah. This is the best way to do in this situation. He can steal your content but Google will punish his website