I am sharing an incident which just happened to me (10 minutes ago) and hope that it can help you if you happen to encounter these “fakes”.
- person x contacted me telling me he is interested in ordering 100 of the gig.
- I rejected him and told him to get 1 instead. <- I wanted to test if we are a match and can work together before taking any big projects.
- He became uncertain and started to beat around the bush avoiding the topic of purchasing. (bare in mind, this is the same guy who wanted to order 100 gigs)
- I rejected him and told him to find someone else.
- That is when his true colours surface: he quickly asked me how do he get started.
- I asked him is he new and gave him the instructions.
- which he totally ignored and stated he will feind me. (not a typo)
- posted his number and wanted me to give him a ring.
- I flagged him and reported him to support.
Some Indicators That Something Is Fishy And We Should Be Alert
- The account is new.
- The guy is from the states but has a terrible command of the language. Signs include: ":))))i am bad raiter:))))", "I nead you're service" "123123123123 can I tolk with you?" and many more!
- He comes with a big offer and will never purchase from you; his aim is just to call any desperate sellers who fall for the hook that he placed.
What Should You Do When You Encounter Them
Step 1: don’t be greedy, if you got hooked and did phone them. God knows what will happen.
Step 2: Take screenshots before you click on the report button.
Step 3: Report him, delete his message away and continue with whatever you are doing.
Step 4: Don’t even complain about him wasting your time, things could be worst. Continue with whatever you are doing.
I hope no one gets scammed in Fiverr.
That’s all folks, Best Success to you all.