Fiverr Forum

Beware of Fragglesrock- Seller Feedback

Recently, I started to use fiverr and the first seller selected was awesome by setting expectations early in the process and then because I paid extra submitted 3 logo designs in 72 hours woo hoo score for me. With such a positive experience with the first seller and am a fiverr believer. I reached out to another fiverr seller to create a landing page and contacted the seller first as per the guidelines. The seller, Fragglesrock, responds immediately with a yes able to do the project. Then, I try and find a match and select. Right after I select an order, I notice another option for a custom order which again I reach out to the seller. Next day, I notice a response stating that I did not reach out to the seller requesting information that I sent over on 3 separate occasions, inbox, order, and customer order, so I cancel order to wait to hear back from seller. Fragglesrock responded back with “I have not told you to place order,even I did not told you that I will do your work within 24 hours.” Fragglesrock My response back was you stated that you could do and nor did I mention work within 24 hours. Although Fragglesrock responded timely (in less than 24 hours), written communication skills are very poor and customer service less than stellar. I gave my first seller excellent ratings. Unfortunately, I am unable to give a rating to Fragglesrock. Fiverr should allow buyers to give ratings to sellers after cancellation; otherwise, the ratings received are skewed.

*** Sheriff’s note: Calling out other users is not permitted on the forum. Please read the forum Do’s and Don’ts (located at the top of every page of the forum) before posting. ***

First, contact Fiverr CS for any issues. Don’t call out a user on the forum. It’s against the rules. Please review the Do’s and Dont’s of this forum before posting. It reads in part: All posts: containing abusive language, with derogatory name calling or that negatively calls out another user will be removed. Any violation of this will result in the removal of the comment or discussion and may result in the removal of the responsible member from the forum.

@norrsken_marc Posted the following in response to another discussion in this forum. @emasonwrites does the means justify the end or does the end justify the means? I understand the rationale but as a result of only allowing those that “actually pay for the order (not cancel)” to rank sellers then as many have mentioned on this forum, the seller is under no obligation to fill the order – no check and balance. Simply, the likelihood of a seller receiving a negative review after the completion of a gig is very low thus skewing the ratings of the sellers which most buyers review as part of the due diligence before selecting a seller.

If sellers are to used this forum to rant on other sellers in order to steal buyers, then perhaps Fiverr should remove the sellers who engage in such behavior. Also, getting my money back does not give me time back – the buyer is out production time because the seller misrepresents oneself. Moreover, although Fiverr has instituted protection for the seller, the same is not instituted for the buyer? As a buyer since there was no way to leave a negative review on a seller for an unfulfilled gig and misrepresentation I came to this forum to warn other potential buyers. If there was an option to leave a negative review, after placing an order and then subsequently canceling there would not have been a need to come to the forum and the forum rules could remain the same.

BTW I did contact the seller before ordering the gig and was informed that yes “can do” the requested gig, but then seller back out AFTER receiving proprietary information from me. I did contact another seller and even though my money is credited on my account, my credited money remains in my account and Fiverr took additional money not the credited amount. Again, I remain skeptical because I communicated with the another seller before agreeing to the custom order submitted, but after agreeing to the custom order, I have yet to hear back from the seller. There is an old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

In conclusion, BUYER BEWARE the rating system is skewed to be in the sellers best interest. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/222260#Comment_222260

zbevans said: In conclusion, BUYER BEWARE the rating system is skewed to be in the sellers best interest
Yeah, see, that's kind of true, BUT, it's also true that buyers can cancel a gig at any time, up to and including 3 days after a delivered order has been marked as complete and even received a 5-star review with sterling feedback from the buyer. They can also ignore communications, keep whatever deliverables they've already received and allow a gig to go late for an automatic cancellation and an automatic negative feedback. They can also request modifications leaving an order in limbo indefinitely. And even though it's against the ToS, they can also do a chargeback ages after completion, thus keeping the deliverables and getting their money back. They can also change their feedback up to 30 days after completion, resulting in a convenient way to hold a seller's reputation hostage for even more work!

So there it is. The ratings system is flawed. However, Fiverr is actually skewed to favor the buyer overall.

P.S. Duh! Buyer beware has been a no-brainer in any environment since the first man tried to get a fine pelt in exchange for a ball of rabbit poo, Fiverr is no different. :)