Beware of Fraud Buyer and Scammer

Recently i got my first order and completed it within 3 hours and delivered. The buyer asked for a revision and i also did it. I submitted it again with the requirements provided by the Buyer. As soon as i delivered the project. The buyer cancelled the order. He wasted my hardwork and my money.

Sorry to hear that. May I just ask, how is it possible that buyer can cancel the order that fast? Did the buyer request a cancellation from you and you accept it?

As soon as i delivered the file. He filed a dispute and then i accepted it because i was new to this situation and i wasn’t expecting this.

As soon as i delivered the file. He filed a dispute and then i accepted it because i was new to this situation and i wasn’t expecting this.

I am so sorry this happened to you. Don’t let this bring you down. Keep working hard and good clients will come to you.

Recently i got my first order and completed it within 3 hours and delivered. The buyer asked for a revision and i also did it. I submitted it again with the requirements provided by the Buyer. As soon as i delivered the project. The buyer cancelled the order. He wasted my hardwork and my money.

You need to say that.

Your original post made it seem like the buyer was able to cancel the order on his own, which we now see is very misleading:

The buyer cancelled the order.

But only when @yvannna asked did you reveal that you played a part in making the cancellation:

He filed a dispute and then i accepted it because i was new to this situation

It isn’t fraud or a scam if you accept it. The buyer is unscrupulous certainly, but you accepted the resolution. That’s what happens when you do that and that’s what it’s there for.

You weren’t transparent about how it happened, presumably because it makes you look better to act like the buyer did it all on his own.

You need to say that.

Your original post made it seem like the buyer was able to cancel the order on his own, which we now see is very misleading:

The buyer cancelled the order.

But only when @yvannna asked did you reveal that you played a part in making the cancellation:

He filed a dispute and then i accepted it because i was new to this situation

It isn’t fraud or a scam if you accept it. The buyer is unscrupulous certainly, but you accepted the resolution. That’s what happens when you do that and that’s what it’s there for.

You weren’t transparent about how it happened, presumably because it makes you look better to act like the buyer did it all on his own.

@humanissocial Got the attention? Now move on.

@humanissocial Got the attention? Now move on.

My grievance is valid. I don’t want attention. That’s absurd.

You obviously don’t care that you misled us and you’re bitter because I noticed and shared that you did that.

Quite telling that you haven’t acknowledged you misled us and that it was wrong and chose to.get defensive instead. Now you look even sketchier. Good work.

He filed a dispute and then i accepted it

I reported him too.

Then fiverr can’t do anything in this case. It’s a mutual cancellation that you agreed for and fiverr can not intervine in it.

Sorry to hear that. May I just ask, how is it possible that buyer can cancel the order that fast? Did the buyer request a cancellation from you and you accept it?

When the buyer pay through 3rd party payment processors like PayPal they can open a dispute through that platform. In that case Fiverr issues an immediate refund to the buyer without any inquiry. You can report these scamming incidents to Fiverr and suspend the buyer account. But the truth is these kind of scammers comes from fake accounts and they do not care about their account because they can make new accounts as much as they want. So basically you can’t do nothing in this case.

BTW in this case non of above applies because this person has mutually canceled the order.

One thing you can do, OP, is to keep an eye out for the buyer using the whatever it is you delivered …

You might drop him a note, reminding him that since he didn’t pay for it copyright remains with you.

Set up a google alert to let you know if the work is being used online. If you get an alert, you can approach the hosting company with a dcma complaint …

When the buyer pay through 3rd party payment processors like PayPal they can open a dispute through that platform. In that case Fiverr issues an immediate refund to the buyer without any inquiry. You can report these scamming incidents to Fiverr and suspend the buyer account. But the truth is these kind of scammers comes from fake accounts and they do not care about their account because they can make new accounts as much as they want. So basically you can’t do nothing in this case.

BTW in this case non of above applies because this person has mutually canceled the order.

Thank you for clarifying this. I was wondering if this is possible, but now I see it is. I hope this doesn’t happen that often. This is why I asked @daniyalasadfilm what actually happened as he didn’t share with us all the details about this order cancellation.

Thank you for clarifying this. I was wondering if this is possible, but now I see it is. I hope this doesn’t happen that often. This is why I asked @daniyalasadfilm what actually happened as he didn’t share with us all the details about this order cancellation.

Definitely. It’s yet another reason why transparency is important.

And it was a waste of your time for you to have had to wonder and try to figure out the discrepancy.

this is a really bad experience for every seller.
I still facing the same problem. I give my client unlimited revisions. I completed this project successfully but my client doesn’t accept this project. When I deliver this project he all-time give me reviews without any issues.

this is a really bad experience for every seller.

I still facing the same problem. I give my client unlimited revisions. I completed this project successfully but my client doesn’t accept this project. When I deliver this project he all-time give me reviews without any issues.

“Unlimited revisions”.means unlimited revisions.

Don’t have that in your gig if you don’t actually want to do that (who would?) and don’t want to attract people who would expect it.

Having that on your gig doesn’t mean sales with good buyers is more likely, only bad ones.

Archived