Big Business Uses Fiverr!

seemydeath

I was astounded to find out I was doing a graphic for a huge corporation! I mean you must be kidding me cutting costs to $5 bones? Doesn’t corps farm out their work for big bucks? Then that farm comes to Fiverr to cut costs? I like the ego rub a little 🙂 but dang.

Reply to @vedmak: apparently based on the update, he’s doing well, but I seriously doubt it because what he does is soooo basic and thousands of other could do the same thing here on fiverr for half of what he charges. I’m surprised Mark Cuban even closed a deal with him.

One guy on Dragons den in the uk, one of the people on the panel, went bust… I do not know about the US version but I don’t think in the UK the people on the panel are in a position to make judgements when they do not even know what they are doing themselves

Guest matt_garry

I got a few messages from someone who works at mtv they wanted me to make a full 3 minute song for them and they would pay me royalties if they decided to use my material but they wouldn’t even purchase one gig from me so didn’t do it… honestly if you’re corporation is that cheap you want people to do an audition that would take hours of work for free can’t even spare 5 bucks…

I think it’s pretty sad that corporations want to get off cheap with a $5 gig when they have much more they could spend. At least order a hundred extra gigs if you use the item.

I had a guy who asked me tons of questions about creating an app for a site, then said if he likes the app he would have a lot more order for me. So I asked him if he owned the site or was he trying to be the “middle man” basically having me do way more than $5 worth of work it takes to create these apps for him to go back and resell it for hundreds of bucks most likely…

He didn’t quite admit that was what he was doing but it was. I’m not sure if I should have jumped on that or not as I’m not looking to be cheap labor for someone else making all the big bucks.

Archived