BIG changes to the SEO subcategory

mjensen415

Hey Everyone. You may have seen that we’re undergoing huge changes to the SEO subcategory. If you have a Gig in this category, in order to maintain your current sales, reviews, analytics etc. you must update your Gig(s) by June 21st in order to remain on the marketplace. Don’t wait any longer!. If you update in this time period, you will be allowed to preserve your onsite reputation including previous sales, reviews, analytics, etc.

Here’s what’s happening

We’re removing all of the current service types: On-Site Optimization; Off-site Optimization; Keyword Research; and Plugins & Tools are all going away. We will close all of the current Service Types and any gigs that haven’t updated will no longer be on the marketplace.

We’re replacing them with four new service types and their corresponding pricing attributes:

Page Optimization - Optimize both the content and HTML source code of individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.

• Title Tags - Optimizing web page titles is one of the most important on-page ranking factors
  • Meta Description - A short description to help you stand out in search results & improve click-through rate
  • H1, H2, H3 tags - Heading & sub-heading tags that tell search engines about your page’s content
  • Image Alt Tags - ALT image tags help search engines understand your page’s content
  • Schema Markup - Schema markup helps search engines understand your content better
  • Number of Pages - The number of unique pages that will be optimized
  • Keyword Research - Analysis used to identify which keywords to target with SEO effort

Technical Site Optimization - Give your site a strong, technical SEO foundation so your content has the best chance to rank for relevant keywords and phrases

• Site SEO Audit - Analysis of important technical factors that determine your site’s search ranking
  • Index Optimization - Proper site “index-ability” helps search engines crawl & index your web pages
  • XML Sitemap - An XML sitemap helps search engines find and list each page of your website
  • Robots.txt - Robots.txt files give instructions to web robots whether or not to crawl a site page
  • Compress Images - Compress site images to boost your web pages load time
  • HTTPS Set-Up - HTTPS is a ranking signal because it makes sure your website uses secure, encrypted connections
  • Penalty Removal - Diagnose & fix issues causing ranking penalties in order to quickly regain search traffic

Off-Site SEO - The actions taken outside of your own website to impact your rankings within search engine results pages

• Off-Page Strategy - Identify SEO content type opportunities to drive organic traffic to your site
  • Forum Marketing - The most powerful way to engage and drive traffic to your website: sharing relevant content in online forums.
  • Backlink analysis - Analyze your backlink profile to find out which links are valuable to keep or not

Competitor Analysis - Deeply understanding your competitors is key to effective goals and can reveal opportunities, gaps and blind spots

• # of Competitors - The number of competitors that will be analyzed
  • Backlink Analysis - Understand your competitor’s backlinks to identify websites to target for link building efforts
  • Keyword Analysis - Analyze your competitors’ keywords to identify which keywords boost their search ranking
  • Content Analysis - Analyze your competitors’ content to understand what gains the most comments & shares

Each of these service types has a host of new pricing attributes that are designed to make SEO easier to understand and safer for our buyers to purchase

Next Steps

• Update your Gig with relevant new subcategories, nested subcategories, and pricing attributes
  • Update by June 21st to avoid the removal of your Gig from the marketplace
  • Celebrate increased visibility and category comprehension from buyers

Have questions? Leave them below.

Why is there no “all-in” category?
That’s what most local, small and medium businesses want most of all. Without a category for it, it means that sellers need to either break everything up into separate gigs (complicated) or offer a full package which is listed in only one category (inaccurate).

Having full packages would be much more effective in terms of giving buyers what they want and ultimately, offering higher priced and ongoing packages.

Any chance of it being added?

1. What about an EXTRA that provides keyword research as part of an SEO audit gig, which is in another subcategory?

2. And what about a higher PACKAGE that includes backlinks analysis along with an SEO audit, which are apparently ‘different’ categories even though they are strongly connected?

I have an SEO audit gig with a keyword research Extra and a higher package offering backlinks analysis, which is how my clients purchase these and it makes perfect sense to be connected, but now these services are in ‘different’ subcategories.

So am I now being forced to remove that extra and that package, and break everything into small pieces/gigs, thus lowering the chances of the whole deal being purchased to begin with?

Wait, so this is how the gigs will be categorised, but I guess you can still offer all-in-one service.
I provide full website creation and it covers all of it except off-site SEO.

I think Woofy you can list your gig under page optimization and provide a report.

Wait, so this is how the gigs will be categorised, but I guess you can still offer all-in-one service.

I provide full website creation and it covers all of it except off-site SEO.

I think Woofy you can list your gig under page optimization and provide a report.

But the gig fits more into Technical site optimization that has the site audit part… nothing makes sense if it’s not allowed to offer an all-in-one service.

But the gig fits more into Technical site optimization that has the site audit part… nothing makes sense if it’s not allowed to offer an all-in-one service.

I guess you can create 2 gigs, one under each category.

I guess you can create 2 gigs, one under each category.

Site audit with higher package containing backlinks analysis - should I split these in two gigs now?

The same with a keyword research extra - should I also split that into another gig?

That would mean 3 different gigs, less-to-no chances of them being ordered as a bundle, lower purchases, etc.

Site audit with higher package containing backlinks analysis - should I split these in two gigs now?

The same with a keyword research extra - should I also split that into another gig?

That would mean 3 different gigs, less-to-no chances of them being ordered as a bundle, lower purchases, etc.

I wouldn’t split anything and actually I won’t. If a customer needs a website then of course it needs to be optimized. They don’t need to make a separate order.

I think you can go the same way. It doesn’t matter which front door your customer uses. You’re still the one who decides what’s covered in the gig.

I can’t speak for others but if I’m a customer and I need a website audit then I’ll search for website audit. I couldn’t care less in what category it is.

If I do decide to use category filters then you can easily put your gig in multiple categories offering page optimization with whatever extra you see fit.

That’s just my opinion. Maybe OP can give you a different explanation 🙂

Although I would suggest you to do it fast because those categories are live and there’s not much competition 😛

Here’s what is filtered for Page optimization

As you can see there’s already a website audit listed 😃

I’ve tried - saving the gig says “Saving” but never completes, it just endlessly saves although nothing gets saved.

More so, there is no “Page optimization” on my end - I see only off-page SEO and technical SEO 😑

And errors everywhere when I try to save :man_facepalming:

Screenshot-01_Jun_2018-01_12_29.jpg.b08f0a3d5d623b3cfa086590af281605.jpg

I’ve tried - saving the gig says “Saving” but never completes, it just endlessly saves although nothing gets saved.

More so, there is no “Page optimization” on my end - I see only off-page SEO and technical SEO 😑

And errors everywhere when I try to save :man_facepalming:

😃

They should have done more testing 😃

This is unbelievable!

I tried clearing the cache/cookies, used another browser, it won’t save any change I make; it stays like this forever:

Screenshot-01_Jun_2018-01_16_02.jpg.7dfdfdfada5629e9bfef9c9309fcee90.jpg

How did others manage to save their gigs? :roll_eyes:

This is unbelievable!

I tried clearing the cache/cookies, used another browser, it won’t save any change I make; it stays like this forever:

How did others manage to save their gigs? :roll_eyes:

Well, compared to other categories it has very few gigs so maybe it worked at the beginning but now it’s down.

Well, compared to other categories it has very few gigs so maybe it worked at the beginning but now it’s down.

Do you know what is more wrong than this? The 418 HTTP error code I get when trying to save is this:

favicon32.7f3da72dcea1.png.3325165714079b0fc022c2ed9e2be73d.png MDN Web Docs opengraph-logo.72382e605ce3.png.f8a3ad8551bc1a5ff65addc5437b63c8.png

418 I'm a teapot

The HTTP 418 I'm a teapot client error response code indicates that the server refuses to brew coffee because it is a teapot. This error is a reference of Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol which was an April Fools' joke in 1998.

What is this? :roll_eyes:

As a side note, my gig involves fully optimizing a user’s website onsite. This encompasses both aspects of the page optimisation and technical optimization. It’s a “full onsite” package, priced accordingly and selling well. Under this new system, this gig doesn’t have a specific “fit all” category. Full onsite SEO of both technical and page optimization is very common and I see a lot of other sellers also offer similar services, it’s a shame the new system doesn’t cover that.

The subcategories are like a SEO to-do list. 🙂

They’re actually quite a clever way on Fiverr’s part to raise more $$$'s in transaction fees, by making buyers who used to pay for all in one services, buy separate gigs.

For regular/existing Fiverr buyers, I think they will figure that out quite quickly and get a bit annoyed…

They’re actually quite a clever way on Fiverr’s part to raise more $$$'s in transaction fees, by making buyers who used to pay for all in one services, buy separate gigs.

For regular/existing Fiverr buyers, I think they will figure that out quite quickly and get a bit annoyed…

They’re actually quite a clever way on Fiverr’s part to raise more $$$'s in transaction fees

I don’t see how that’s going to happen.

I’ve made experiments, turning Extras into their own gigs, separating parts of gigs into other gigs, and every single time I’ve noticed how the individual gigs would barely be bought, as opposed to how often they are bought when they’re bundled in a single gig :roll_eyes:

In real world clients don’t go to multiple agencies to buy separate pieces of a final service from everywhere, they go to one agency and choose a package of bundled services.

It’s cumbersome to buy multiple things to create your own imaginary ‘package’, and hard to keep track of what you purchased when there are multiple gigs involved to obtain a specific package. Not to mention the deliveries coming from everywhere, having them scattered…

As Eoin put it:

That’s what most local, small and medium businesses want most of all

Having full packages would be much more effective in terms of giving buyers what they want and ultimately, offering higher priced and ongoing packages.

More so, splitting a bigger package into multiple smaller gigs will attract more cheap budget clients since you can’t overprice those small pieces of a package, whereas a bigger $ package attracts bigger budget clients.

They’re actually quite a clever way on Fiverr’s part to raise more $$$'s in transaction fees

I don’t see how that’s going to happen.

I’ve made experiments, turning Extras into their own gigs, separating parts of gigs into other gigs, and every single time I’ve noticed how the individual gigs would barely be bought, as opposed to how often they are bought when they’re bundled in a single gig :roll_eyes:

In real world clients don’t go to multiple agencies to buy separate pieces of a final service from everywhere, they go to one agency and choose a package of bundled services.

It’s cumbersome to buy multiple things to create your own imaginary ‘package’, and hard to keep track of what you purchased when there are multiple gigs involved to obtain a specific package. Not to mention the deliveries coming from everywhere, having them scattered…

As Eoin put it:

That’s what most local, small and medium businesses want most of all

More so, splitting a bigger package into multiple smaller gigs will attract more cheap budget clients since you can’t overprice those small pieces of a package, whereas a bigger $ package attracts bigger budget clients.

I full agree with you. But Fiverr clearly doesn’t think as logically as you or I.

Archived