Big fraud! Fiverr ate my $1400

mbayemodou

Big fraud! Fiverr ate my $1400 USD, My name is Mbaye, I’ve placed order in Fiverr and in the next day my account is suspended because of the violation of TOS. They have never showed me any proof which violation i did.
I didn’t get my work completed and filed a dispute in Paypal. Once i filed a dispute i got message from Fiverr that they highly recommend me to cancel dispute and solve this issue within Fiverr.

I have canceled the dispute and asking to Fiverr to refund me ASAP but now it seems me there is no response for me.

As order is cancelled the seller didn’t took money and I cannot use funds as Fiverr Credit anymore as my account is suspended there. therefore All my money is wasted. I cannot get my money back via Paypal. I have to file an other dispute from Paypal or from Credit Card Issuing bank.

I will update everyone here if they will allow me to get my refund.

• Like 16

I suspect there is a detail or two missing in your story.

Fiverr will have sent you a notice in your inbox or email explaining what the violation was from the ToS.

Somehow, this has not been included in your side of the story.

I know, you say “They have never showed me any proof which violation I did” but I suggest you check your inbox/email one more time.

• Like 19

I suspect there is a detail or two missing in your story.

Fiverr will have sent you a notice in your inbox or email explaining what the violation was from the ToS.

Somehow, this has not been included in your side of the story.

I know, you say “They have never showed me any proof which violation I did” but I suggest you check your inbox/email one more time.

There is not any important details missing.

This was Fiverr email to suspend my account:

This message is to let you know that your Fiverr account was disabled by our system for violations of our Terms of Service and/or other policies.

Due to your account being disabled, you cannot log in or withdraw any funds you may have.

If you have any funds available for withdrawal 90 days from now, you will get an email with instructions explaining how to withdraw.

This email will be sent automatically and there is no need to contact customer support.

Learn more about disabled accounts.

We wish you best of luck moving forward.

Thanks,

The Fiverr team

I have no problem if they disabled my account, but the problem is that they ask me to cancel Paypal dispute, and now they are not responding.

There is no Fiverr policy that saying if you will have disabled account we cannot pay you refund for your cancelled order… I have found seller also in Facebook and seller clearly said that i didn’t get paid for your order. if you pay me in direct half price advance, i will complete your work and you can pay the rest after completion of work.

• Like 6

There is not any important details missing.

This was Fiverr email to suspend my account:

This message is to let you know that your Fiverr account was disabled by our system for violations of our Terms of Service and/or other policies.

Due to your account being disabled, you cannot log in or withdraw any funds you may have.

If you have any funds available for withdrawal 90 days from now, you will get an email with instructions explaining how to withdraw.

This email will be sent automatically and there is no need to contact customer support.

Learn more about disabled accounts.

We wish you best of luck moving forward.

Thanks,

The Fiverr team

I have no problem if they disabled my account, but the problem is that they ask me to cancel Paypal dispute, and now they are not responding.

There is no Fiverr policy that saying if you will have disabled account we cannot pay you refund for your cancelled order… I have found seller also in Facebook and seller clearly said that i didn’t get paid for your order. if you pay me in direct half price advance, i will complete your work and you can pay the rest after completion of work.

I have found seller also in Facebook and seller clearly said that i didn’t get paid for your order. if you pay me in direct half price advance, i will complete your work and you can pay the rest after completion of work.

I hope they suspend the seller as well.

• Like 8

Did the seller offer 24 hour delivery? Did he click “deliver now” and gave you nothing? Why didn’t you use the Resolution Center? Why not demand a refund before going to PayPal?

Fiverr doesn’t like it when people file disputes on PayPal. Fiverr wants you to work with them first. Disputing on PayPal is going outside of Fiverr, and it will get you banned.

I hope you can resolve the problem.

• Like 12

Big fraud! Fiverr ate my $1400 USD, My name is Mbaye, I’ve placed order in Fiverr and in the next day my account is suspended because of the violation of TOS. They have never showed me any proof which violation i did.

I didn’t get my work completed and filed a dispute in Paypal. Once i filed a dispute i got message from Fiverr that they highly recommend me to cancel dispute and solve this issue within Fiverr.

I have canceled the dispute and asking to Fiverr to refund me ASAP but now it seems me there is no response for me.

As order is cancelled the seller didn’t took money and I cannot use funds as Fiverr Credit anymore as my account is suspended there. therefore All my money is wasted. I cannot get my money back via Paypal. I have to file an other dispute from Paypal or from Credit Card Issuing bank.

I didn’t get my work completed and filed a dispute in Paypal.

there you go… it’s against the tos

• Like 14

I’m sorry, that’s a large sum of money, I know how difficult it must be to lose it 😟. It does say in Fiverr’s Payment Terms and Conditions under the Disputes and Cancellations section that:

We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Fiverr’s Customer Support department for assistance here.

Basics
  • Order cancellations can be performed on Fiverr, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
  • Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
  • In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.

It’s unfortunate, for sure 😖.

• Like 6

Fiverr can’t refund the money if you are taking back via PayPal so you snookered yourself by breaking the TOS and putting Fiverr in a lose lose situation seeing they could pay you back your money then PayPal could take the same amount again. I am sure Fiverr are as loathe to part with that $2,8000 as you are your $1,400.

The best you can do is try to get Fiverr to re-instate your account with the monies as Fiverr credit but they may well just say no seeing you have done one of the worst things you could have. I would start with a massive Mea Cupla apology…

🙂

• Like 7

I’m sorry, that’s a large sum of money, I know how difficult it must be to lose it 😟. It does say in Fiverr’s Payment Terms and Conditions under the Disputes and Cancellations section that:

We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Fiverr’s Customer Support department for assistance here.

Basics
  • Order cancellations can be performed on Fiverr, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
  • Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
  • In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.

It’s unfortunate, for sure 😖.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, but there is misunderstanding here. I’ve mentionted that after placing order Next day my account suspended, It means the following:

1. I’ve not offered seller to work with me directly and seller also didn’t had me such communication
  2. I was not able to cancel order as my account is suspended, and Customer support first response was that sorry your account is permanently closed and order is indeed completed, So there is not possibility to cancel order. (In one day order is completed just imagine this)
  3. I did get first draft of work from seller and asked changes to seller to do on it, that’s why i asked to Customer support i need final files of my work and revisions (Customer Support replied: We can ask seller to send final files for you but we cannot open your account for more than 24 hours).
  4. Then I asked sorry, i may need few days to complete work, allow me please refund or open account so i can get my work done. (Customer Support as before, denied that order cannot be canceled, Sorry)
  5. After there is no solution, I filed a dispute on Paypal that “Item not received” (My First violation)
  6. Fiverr replied that we highly recommend you that close dispute and solve this matter inside Fiverr, Our Customer support will issue refund to your Credit or upon request to your payment provider
  7. I canceled the dispute and send message to Customer Support that please allow me refund, you can exclude Fiverr commission
  8. Customer Support response was: Sorry due to dispute now funds are not longer with us, and now you have to solve it with your payment provider
  9. I replied that I’ve canceled the dispute so please funds should be with you, Exclude your Fiverr commission and allow me refund, Customer Support replied: Okay, I will check and will get back to you shortly. (Since that time no Response)
  10. I’ve found seller in Facebook, Seller showed me email of Fiverr that order is canceled and she didn’t get paid. She offer me that She can complete my work if I pay her half payment advance. I agreed because i need work done. (My second violation)

Now, here the noticeable things are that my both violations are after account suspended, Because my account is already disabled, i do not have to follow terms and conditions, I only need my money back, I will not come back to Fiverr anymore. For me the first experience is very bad was with Fiverr

The big mistake i did is that i cancel the dispute on Paypal.

P.S: Seller is not got paid as order canceled, I have not received refund because my account suspend. Now who get all money, Its Fiverr. I hope now everyone will understand the story.

I am still hoping for reply from Fiverr, If I will get my refund, I will inform everyone here.

• Like 7

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, but there is misunderstanding here. I’ve mentionted that after placing order Next day my account suspended, It means the following:

1. I’ve not offered seller to work with me directly and seller also didn’t had me such communication
  2. I was not able to cancel order as my account is suspended, and Customer support first response was that sorry your account is permanently closed and order is indeed completed, So there is not possibility to cancel order. (In one day order is completed just imagine this)
  3. I did get first draft of work from seller and asked changes to seller to do on it, that’s why i asked to Customer support i need final files of my work and revisions (Customer Support replied: We can ask seller to send final files for you but we cannot open your account for more than 24 hours).
  4. Then I asked sorry, i may need few days to complete work, allow me please refund or open account so i can get my work done. (Customer Support as before, denied that order cannot be canceled, Sorry)
  5. After there is no solution, I filed a dispute on Paypal that “Item not received” (My First violation)
  6. Fiverr replied that we highly recommend you that close dispute and solve this matter inside Fiverr, Our Customer support will issue refund to your Credit or upon request to your payment provider
  7. I canceled the dispute and send message to Customer Support that please allow me refund, you can exclude Fiverr commission
  8. Customer Support response was: Sorry due to dispute now funds are not longer with us, and now you have to solve it with your payment provider
  9. I replied that I’ve canceled the dispute so please funds should be with you, Exclude your Fiverr commission and allow me refund, Customer Support replied: Okay, I will check and will get back to you shortly. (Since that time no Response)
  10. I’ve found seller in Facebook, Seller showed me email of Fiverr that order is canceled and she didn’t get paid. She offer me that She can complete my work if I pay her half payment advance. I agreed because i need work done. (My second violation)

Now, here the noticeable things are that my both violations are after account suspended, Because my account is already disabled, i do not have to follow terms and conditions, I only need my money back, I will not come back to Fiverr anymore. For me the first experience is very bad was with Fiverr

P.S: Seller is not got paid as order canceled, I have not received refund because my account suspend. Now who get all money, Its Fiverr. I hope now everyone will understand the story.

I am still hoping for reply from Fiverr, If I will get my refund, I will inform everyone here.

That wasn’t the big mistake you committed.

The biggest mistake was not having a clue about Fiverr’s terms of service, which was the origin of your current troubles.

• Like 8

Hello Everyone,

P.S: Seller is not got paid as order canceled, I have not received refund because my account suspend. Now who get all money, Its Fiverr. I hope now everyone will understand the story

You can get your money after 90 days.

Fiverr message clearly said that…,

When account suspended and there are remaining fund…, you only able to manage the fund 90 days after that…

Hope this you solve your problems.

• Like 6

P.S: Seller is not got paid as order canceled, I have not received refund because my account suspend. Now who get all money, Its Fiverr. I hope now everyone will understand the story

You can get your money after 90 days.

Fiverr message clearly said that…,

When account suspended and there are remaining fund…, you only able to manage the fund 90 days after that…

Hope this you solve your problems.

Actually, Its difference when want refund and when you want withdrawal.

withdrawal = is the funds that you earn or received from someone or by doing something

Refund = is funds that you paid from your pocket and want your own money back

• Like 7

The payment terms specifically said: Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.

And there you have it right there, “ineligible for a refund”. Because you lost your patience, and filed that dispute with PayPal in the first place, you left Fiverr no choice, and you backed yourself into a corner.

One thing that I’m not clear on, is that you say you placed the order, and then the next day, you found your account was suspended. So, that leads me to think that either with this specific order, or some other way in which you broke the TOS beforehand, led to your account being suspended. Which would mean that your dispute filing with PayPal was NOT in fact your first violation.

I’m not saying that Fiverr is omnipotent or even right all the time, they’re obviously not, but you didn’t take the time to think this through, and then when you reached out to the seller outside of Fiverr, that was the last straw. Your suspended account was involved in an active case that you put forth, so you were in essence still legally bound by the TOS. Thinking that you were above them was another misstep on top of the existing mess.

• Like 9

I’ve placed order in Fiverr and in the next day my account is suspended because of the violation of TOS.

What was the reason given for your account to be suspended in the first place?

• Like 5

The payment terms specifically said: Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.

And there you have it right there, “ineligible for a refund”. Because you lost your patience, and filed that dispute with PayPal in the first place, you left Fiverr no choice, and you backed yourself into a corner.

One thing that I’m not clear on, is that you say you placed the order, and then the next day, you found your account was suspended. So, that leads me to think that either with this specific order, or some other way in which you broke the TOS beforehand, led to your account being suspended. Which would mean that your dispute filing with PayPal was NOT in fact your first violation.

I’m not saying that Fiverr is omnipotent or even right all the time, they’re obviously not, but you didn’t take the time to think this through, and then when you reached out to the seller outside of Fiverr, that was the last straw. Your suspended account was involved in an active case that you put forth, so you were in essence still legally bound by the TOS. Thinking that you were above them was another misstep on top of the existing mess.

As i understood, Paypal placing a temporary hold on funds until dispute didn’t resolved. Paypal dispute take 30 days to be resolved. Fiverr should not refund me because Fiverr already have Paypal hold on funds during dispute.

In my case i am not asking for Refund when i have an active dispute.

I am asking refund after canceling dispute as per the highly recommendation of Fiverr email. Well, if i am not eligible for a refund after canceling dispute than better i not cancel dispute and get my refund from Paypal in 30 days.

Would any one recommend me here to file a dispute again if i will not get response within 10 days from Fiverr?

• Like 7

As i understood, Paypal placing a temporary hold on funds until dispute didn’t resolved. Paypal dispute take 30 days to be resolved. Fiverr should not refund me because Fiverr already have Paypal hold on funds during dispute.

In my case i am not asking for Refund when i have an active dispute.

I am asking refund after canceling dispute as per the highly recommendation of Fiverr email. Well, if i am not eligible for a refund after canceling dispute than better i not cancel dispute and get my refund from Paypal in 30 days.

Would any one recommend me here to file a dispute again if i will not get response within 10 days from Fiverr?

If you no longer have an account with Fiverr or interest in trying to get the order done, I don’t see why you would cancel the PayPal dispute.

• Like 5

yeah, in this case i would highly recommend getting a refund either through paypal or through your bank. to be honest i’d also never spend big money on fiverr. i have a $70 gig in the works, and i’m really nervous about that

we only have part of the story here, but it sounds like what maybe happened is you used one of their trigger words like “academia” or maybe you were ordering something adult like a logo or ad for a strip club which could be problematic, either way that email you shared gives nothing away

fiverr are being less then helpful, saying they won’t cancel the order, they will unfreeze your account so you can finish the job, but only for 24 hours and it’s a $1400 job, so fiverr in fact forced your hand in trying to get the charge reversed. then fiverr have the nerve to tell you to cancel that, only to basically tell you that you were stupid for doing so. meanwhile you’ve been done about 1.5 grand

here’s what i would recommend. call paypal. explain to them what’s happened and with any luck let them open a dispute for you. of course fiverr with have ten working days to respond after which your funds will be returned to you, the difference being you’ll have a human involved from paypal, so assuming fiverr don’t have a leg to stand on things should work out in your favour, and fiverr will probably just close the case early anyway since it will force them to look into the issue rather then putting you in a hamster ball

i’ve never had a problem like his with fiverr touch wood, but this is what basically happened with me when i had a dispute regarding a phone bill

and yeah after an experience like this you’d probably have to be stark raving mad to trust fiverr again, that being said you said the seller told you on facebook that the order was cancelled and they have don’t have the funds. Are you going to trust the sellers word on that? Like, maybe at least get them to send you a screenshot to prove that it’s been cancelled, and make sure you have protection in regard to that order too. But yeah, fiverr isn’t really the best place for $1400 jobs inho (though it does happen), unless maybe you were hoping to get full length animated movie for that

• Like 6

yeah, in this case i would highly recommend getting a refund either through paypal or through your bank. to be honest i’d also never spend big money on fiverr. i have a $70 gig in the works, and i’m really nervous about that

we only have part of the story here, but it sounds like what maybe happened is you used one of their trigger words like “academia” or maybe you were ordering something adult like a logo or ad for a strip club which could be problematic, either way that email you shared gives nothing away

fiverr are being less then helpful, saying they won’t cancel the order, they will unfreeze your account so you can finish the job, but only for 24 hours and it’s a $1400 job, so fiverr in fact forced your hand in trying to get the charge reversed. then fiverr have the nerve to tell you to cancel that, only to basically tell you that you were stupid for doing so. meanwhile you’ve been done about 1.5 grand

here’s what i would recommend. call paypal. explain to them what’s happened and with any luck let them open a dispute for you. of course fiverr with have ten working days to respond after which your funds will be returned to you, the difference being you’ll have a human involved from paypal, so assuming fiverr don’t have a leg to stand on things should work out in your favour, and fiverr will probably just close the case early anyway since it will force them to look into the issue rather then putting you in a hamster ball

i’ve never had a problem like his with fiverr touch wood, but this is what basically happened with me when i had a dispute regarding a phone bill

and yeah after an experience like this you’d probably have to be stark raving mad to trust fiverr again, that being said you said the seller told you on facebook that the order was cancelled and they have don’t have the funds. Are you going to trust the sellers word on that? Like, maybe at least get them to send you a screenshot to prove that it’s been cancelled, and make sure you have protection in regard to that order too. But yeah, fiverr isn’t really the best place for $1400 jobs inho (though it does happen), unless maybe you were hoping to get full length animated movie for that

Yes, Seller showed me screenshot of her email received from Fiverr that Order is canceled and funds returned to buyer.

Let me Tell you one thing more interesting, I’ve created a new account and with this account i contact Customer Support.

Customer Support replied: Hello Mbabye, How can i help you, please tell me your other account so we can look which refund you should get.

I replied with email and username of my disabled account and ask them to please look.

24 hours passed! Again no response! just they hiding themselves with this issue. Would be good if at least they reply me. tell me facts why they cannot refund. But just silence is not acceptable.

Now, I am feeling that i did big mistake that cancel dispute with paypal. I shouldn’t listen Fiverr, and I would recommend to everyone, Never expect that you will listen them, cancel dispute and then they will give refund, they will just ignore you.

• Like 5

I didn’t get my work completed and filed a dispute in Paypal

If your order wasn’t completed, you should ask seller for modifications/revisions. If it’s not working, you can open a cancellation request through Fiverr (not Paypal).

I have found seller also in Facebook and seller clearly said

If the seller provided their Facebook IDs, that’s also against Fiverr terms.

• Like 6

Yes, Seller showed me screenshot of her email received from Fiverr that Order is canceled and funds returned to buyer.

Let me Tell you one thing more interesting, I’ve created a new account and with this account i contact Customer Support.

Customer Support replied: Hello Mbabye, How can i help you, please tell me your other account so we can look which refund you should get.

I replied with email and username of my disabled account and ask them to please look.

24 hours passed! Again no response! just they hiding themselves with this issue. Would be good if at least they reply me. tell me facts why they cannot refund. But just silence is not acceptable.

Now, I am feeling that i did big mistake that cancel dispute with paypal. I shouldn’t listen Fiverr, and I would recommend to everyone, Never expect that you will listen them, cancel dispute and then they will give refund, they will just ignore you.

24 hours passed! Again no response!

Customer Support is extremely busy at present and can take up to 10 days or more to respond.

Hopefully you will hear sooner.

• Like 6

I didn’t get my work completed and filed a dispute in Paypal

If your order wasn’t completed, you should ask seller for modifications/revisions. If it’s not working, you can open a cancellation request through Fiverr (not Paypal).

I have found seller also in Facebook and seller clearly said

If the seller provided their Facebook IDs, that’s also against Fiverr terms.

hhmmm. to be fair wait times are high at the moment due to covid and everything, so you would normally be waiting days for a responce

that being said they could just as well be ticking town the clock, and you’ll want your money back, so assuming you never want to touch fiverr again i would just get your money through paypal and call it a day

yeah but by that time their account was already suspended, so they couldn’t, and they even reached out to fiverr first who told them no refund and we’ll give you 24 hours to complete this probably huge job that wasn’t going well in the first place. only after lal of that did the OP open a dispute with paypal. that’s my understanding anyway

• Like 5

I’m hoping that Fiver will give your money back. I understand that $1,400 is a lot of money, take a deep breath and relax. Don’t get too stressed over it.

I am not stressed just for me a lesson to learn that never cancel dispute. I am now 100% sure that they will never return my payment. Unfortunately seller will also never get paid as Order is officially cancelled.

All money will go to Fiverr pocket.

I would recommend that never do a dispute before talk with Fiverr Support and if they will not give you refund (as in my case) then do dispute with Paypal or bank but never close dispute on fiverr request.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

1 Day after I paid Fiverr for some CAD drawings by my Business Credit the card was compromised. A fraudulent transaction was taken out by an organisation called "BEFUNKEY", this has not happened before. How did this BEFUNKEY get the card details 24 hours after the Fiverr transaction. I have had to cancel the card. Is this payment gateway as secure as it says?

• Like 6