Big orders or little orders?

brejay

Definitely big orders in my case, because:

• I’ve noticed they take less time to finish, and thus I get more time for hobbies, to spend with family, outside, etc;

• they don’t involve so many different instructions, as I easily get overwhelmed when I have too many orders;

• I’ve only had a couple of difficult buyers on big orders, as opposed to the small orders that are usually from difficult / too picky buyers who expect the world for nothing.

But big orders don’t get you many reviews, and without the small orders you’d end up in the “low volume sales”, which isn’t desired.

P.S. most of my earnings are from big orders - if I relied only on small orders, I would end up broke. And I haven’t increased my base price because I still need more reviews.

It depends on which gig.

On my social media set-up, and my amazon photos gigs. I want larger projects, while on my gig for social media design, the same gig is a short-term job and I prefer $20-50 orders a lot more.

However, if I become a pro, then it would be no problem at all to take bigger orders, that require a lot more work. 🙂

I rather larger projects or ongoing for example.

While I do enjoy short projects since most of them are more likely to accept new ideas or suggestions, it is exhausting jumping around from one idea to another, new people every hour, same questions, new questions. I love challenges… And I also enjoy when I´m able to dedicate more time to a single project, there´s a lot of difference in the results. I´ve noticed my head also thanks me for this.

I prefer small orders over big orders. 😃

I’m the type of person who’ll have a relaxed mind if I’m done with an order. If I go for a big order, I’ll have time for my family, hobbies, and learning more things that I want to learn…but my mind will always be like, “I gotta finish this order before the deadline or else blah blah blah.” 😆

I rather larger projects or ongoing for example.

While I do enjoy short projects since most of them are more likely to accept new ideas or suggestions, it is exhausting jumping around from one idea to another, new people every hour, same questions, new questions. I love challenges… And I also enjoy when I´m able to dedicate more time to a single project, there´s a lot of difference in the results. I´ve noticed my head also thanks me for this.

This is so right. I have 3 big/regular projects off-Fiverr at the moment and I’m finding it increasingly difficult to switch from ‘let’s get this business I work with almost every day ready for Christmas’ and suddenly switching to ‘let’s write a great but quick article about counter-surveillance systems.’

The only thing I will add is that it is important to still respect small orders. I used to be technically a chef in all but title but I have terrified myself recently by realizing that I feel like a complete novice in the kitchen unless I’m cooking for myself and + 1 at most.

I’ve already surrendered my creative writing for more profitable on-demand copywriting. I can’t also risk surrendering my ability to switch between hugely different brief requirements. In this case, I love small orders for keeping me on my toes.

I would prefer to have steady income, even if it will be just $20 in the beginning since the real value here is the relationship with the customers. The more you have customers, the more there is a chance they will return & purchase your services & for a higher price.

It depends on the service. Some service isn’t supposed to be sold twice to a client.

Definitely big orders in my case, because:

• I’ve noticed they take less time to finish, and thus I get more time for hobbies, to spend with family, outside, etc;

• they don’t involve so many different instructions, as I easily get overwhelmed when I have too many orders;

• I’ve only had a couple of difficult buyers on big orders, as opposed to the small orders that are usually from difficult / too picky buyers who expect the world for nothing.

But big orders don’t get you many reviews, and without the small orders you’d end up in the “low volume sales”, which isn’t desired.

P.S. most of my earnings are from big orders - if I relied only on small orders, I would end up broke. And I haven’t increased my base price because I still need more reviews.

You took the words out of my mouth

• 2 years later...

10x $20 < $150

lol that’s mean I’m even happy to take a large $150 (from 1 client) ) order rather then 10x $20 (diferent clients) orders.

@wp_kid

I hope I will get some pat on the back for not starting a new topic if my question is already available in another topic but not answered.

My situation is like this.

I have a potential buyer who may or may not be a scammer, now, I did my best to backtrace him online by checking all his previous purchases and then finding out his reviews to sellers he bought from. So far he appears to be a normal human being.

Now he approached me with interesting requests where he needs over 100 photos vectorized. Now, this is easy for me to do, but my problem is, what if I take this job as one big GIG and let’s say after 20 days he comes back with “Listen, my neighbor just started to do vectorization and he is going to do my work for free for practice”. And one clean sweep I lost money and time.

Yes, CS can invent hot water and all, but still.

I would prefer it if we make deal on me doing 5-10-15 images per day and that is one order. And we do this until he doesn’t need me anymore.

Now, Fiverr could easily translate this as me trying to get more reviews. But I am not. I am just thinking practical. I worked today, you pay me today.

So, if I have 1 order a day for 30-50 days from the same client, will Fiverr think of that as a breach of some rules or something?

It would be a real opportunity if this request is real.

@wp_kid

I hope I will get some pat on the back for not starting a new topic if my question is already available in another topic but not answered.

My situation is like this.

I have a potential buyer who may or may not be a scammer, now, I did my best to backtrace him online by checking all his previous purchases and then finding out his reviews to sellers he bought from. So far he appears to be a normal human being.

Now he approached me with interesting requests where he needs over 100 photos vectorized. Now, this is easy for me to do, but my problem is, what if I take this job as one big GIG and let’s say after 20 days he comes back with “Listen, my neighbor just started to do vectorization and he is going to do my work for free for practice”. And one clean sweep I lost money and time.

Yes, CS can invent hot water and all, but still.

I would prefer it if we make deal on me doing 5-10-15 images per day and that is one order. And we do this until he doesn’t need me anymore.

Now, Fiverr could easily translate this as me trying to get more reviews. But I am not. I am just thinking practical. I worked today, you pay me today.

So, if I have 1 order a day for 30-50 days from the same client, will Fiverr think of that as a breach of some rules or something?

It would be a real opportunity if this request is real.

I would just do it all in one. Maybe set up milestones, but… well. They’re not greeaaat.

I would just do it all in one. Maybe set up milestones, but… well. They’re not greeaaat.

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over.

EDIT. I just read Milestones TOS and I can not see why would anyone in his right mind do that. You only get payed after months and months… Horrible concept.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

Fiverr support will literally tell you to break up orders you are unsure about. It is one of the ways of getting a successful appeal against a chargeback:
If you have 5 orders and they are all accepted over the course of a month then it seems unlikely that after the fifth they suddenly realised that there is an issue. So get orders in the bite sized chunks that suit you and whatever you do, don’t use the milestone system. It’s unworkable in the case of a problem.

One each day is odd though - try one every three days

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over.

EDIT. I just read Milestones TOS and I can not see why would anyone in his right mind do that. You only get payed after months and months… Horrible concept.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

I much prefer smaller projects! They’re easier for me to nail perfectly the first time and I usually spend less time doing six 10-minute recordings than one 60-minute recording. Easier to spot mistakes and less likely to have revision requests!

Having said that, my clients with larger orders are usually repeat buyers and usually a joy to work with.

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over

I did one milestone project and I will never use that feature again. The buyer (who was a repeat client and 100% good for it) accidentally only officially accepted the final milestone, as opposed to each individual milestone, and I didn’t notice until just by coincidence I happened to spot that there was $300 missing from my pending balance. I got in touch with CS to see what was up and they told me there was nothing they could do. Luckily my client is a legend and was happy to place a new order to cover the missing funds, but I could’ve easily gotten screwed by that very silly function.

I much prefer smaller projects! They’re easier for me to nail perfectly the first time and I usually spend less time doing six 10-minute recordings than one 60-minute recording. Easier to spot mistakes and less likely to have revision requests!

Having said that, my clients with larger orders are usually repeat buyers and usually a joy to work with.

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over

I did one milestone project and I will never use that feature again. The buyer (who was a repeat client and 100% good for it) accidentally only officially accepted the final milestone, as opposed to each individual milestone, and I didn’t notice until just by coincidence I happened to spot that there was $300 missing from my pending balance. I got in touch with CS to see what was up and they told me there was nothing they could do. Luckily my client is a legend and was happy to place a new order to cover the missing funds, but I could’ve easily gotten screwed by that very silly function.

300$ missing?? It was a huge fortune the buyer was honest. Thank you for sharing this. I already made up my mind not to use Milestones, now you just cemented that.

The buyer is not replying all day, I have sent him my ai files samples (not a big deal, if the request is real, I could suffer the pain of losing ai files to scam). So maybe nothing this time, but good thing I know for the future.

Archived