Fiverr Forum

Bitcoins on Fiverr - FAQ

What is Bitcoin and How can I get them?

Bitcoin is a digital currency that can be exchanged from peer to peer for goods and services. It enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world without the use of a third party.

You can earn bitcoin through “mining”, accepting them as payment for goods or services, or purchasing them at a Bitcoin exchange. Mining is a process in which specialized computers solve difficult mathematical problems which in turn creates a Bitcoin. To learn more about mining Bitcoins, click here.

What is a Bitcoin Wallet?

A Bitcoin wallet is where your Bitcoin balance is stored. With your wallet you can buy, sell, exchange, and trade Bitcoins online and offline.

Is it secure?

There are no recorded compromises to Bitcoin transactions security to date. They do not require sensitive or personal information and no one can process unwanted or unnoticed charges. However, you should still treat your Bitcoin account information with the same care as any other payment source. For more details, please visit the Bitcoin FAQ.

How do I buy with Bitcoin?

Purchases can be made on Fiverr.com, from any Bitcoin wallet. You have to be logged in to Fiverr in order to see the Bitcoin option when you place an order. Currently you will not be able to pay using Bitcoin from the Fiverr App but this option will be added soon.

Note: If you have enough funds in your Fiverr account balance to cover your order, those funds will be used to complete the purchase, before Bitcoin or any other payment option.

What is Coinbase?

Coinbase, a Bitcoin wallet, is the world’s largest platform for buying and selling Bitcoin for US dollars at the current market rate. Fiverr has partnered with Coinbase to offer our buyers the option of purchasing Gigs with Bitcoin.

What happens to Cancelled Fiverr orders?

The funds from your cancelled orders will be placed in your shopping balance in US dollars, like all other orders on Fiverr. Please see our Terms of Service under “Disputes”, for more info.

What happens if my payment doesn’t create an order?

In the unlikely event that this may occur, contact our customer support team who will assist you in processing your order.

Do sellers earn revenue in Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is currently not an option for withdrawal. Sellers earn and withdraw revenue in US dollars even if payment was made in Bitcoin.

I’m a Seller on Fiverr. How does this change affect me?

The fact that Fiverr accepts Bitcoin will not affect your sales, and you will continue to withdraw revenue in US dollars. The only effect this may have is connecting more users to Fiverr, who prefer using Bitcoin as their currency for online shopping.

Where can I get more information about Bitcoin and Coinbase?

For more information on Bitcoins, please visit Bitcoin.org or their Wiki FAQ.

To contact Coinbase, visit support.coinbase.com or, email them directly to support@coinbase.com.

I think fiverr is mad platform. fiverr not user friendly for a seller.

What Fiverr really needs even more is a way to withdraw your earnings in Bitcoin. I’ve had enough with PayPal and would take almost any other route in order to avoid them, so long as I can get my earnings!

I agree with alexgreene. While Bitcoin is volatile now, I would be more than happy to take the risk as I have learned the hard way that accepting payments through Paypal is also a risk.

i think fiverr card is most better , paypal in have risk

We were looking into bitcoins lately and found it much different then regular services.

On one hand you need to know how the system works to be successful, but afterall that’s with everything in life…!

Best of luck,

:slight_smile: Joe

The Creative Guys |2014

I am naive with this concept of digital currency and would love to be able to WITHDRAW Bitcoins from Fiverr SOMEDAY…

I heard people are going to SPACE after all with these coins …!!!

Make it HAPPEN…! :bz

Yeah!!

Its a great option and future is of digital currency free from any sort fo charges or feee.

Hey!

How can I pay for gig in bitcoin? When i push order it’s automatically redirect me to paypal, and I can’t choose payment method.

I can’t seem to be able to pay in Bitcoin too. It redirects me to paypal directly.

After I got to know about fiverr I searched for a “Bitcoin Alternative” for fiverr - And landed on fiverr again! Great news for a Bitcoin enthusiast.

It is interesting, but not I am not sure if it safe… I would still prefer a third party for security.

Reply to @psychicrainbow: What are your doubts about the safety of Bitcoins?

Hi, I have a problem when i purchase a gig using bitcoins, I sent wrong number of bitcoins to the bitcoin address, how should i get my bitcoins back?

Reply to @iflyonsea: Any luck?

I sent the correct amount of BTC, but I got the same error message. I also can’t find a way to actually contact someone at Fiverr to get a refund. The resolution guide is of course also useless because the order was not placed and there is no way for me to access a resolution center tab. This is very frustrating. I’d like to just email someone and get this resolved, who do I talk to?

Bitcoing got a refund system?

Good for us :slight_smile: So there will no more chargebacks.

One does not simply “contact bitcoin.” That would be like contacting "the Dollar."

Bitcoin is a completely decentralized payment network and currency.

Hi All…

Bitcoins is just for your additional e-wallet, i think paypal is good enough to cover all of our e-wallet needs.

But it is not wrong to try bitcoins just for fun. Because bitcoins offer free coins in their daily prize.

Good Luck to all of you.

Regards,

Samidzki Soccer

ATTENTION!

Stay away from any BitCoin Nonsense people!

Many countries such as China, fell into their trap, and they will never trust bitcoin again.

(Do a research for the deluded countries who have been scammed by Bitcoin.)

My country’s included also.

This year we accepted bitcoin in Cyprus, and after a few months, the company who brought this into our country have disappeared.

Thank God it didn’t spread its wings along the whole country.

Cypriot people will never trust Bitcoins anymore. And many other countries in the world also.

So. Be aware people.