Block Buyers [ARCHIVED]

kim_talented

So I had this buyer who purchased a gig without contacting me first even when my gig tells buyers they should. Next, the buyer refused to properly respond to my gig requirements, and therefore did not give enough information so I could start their project. But my buyer gave alot of information; complained about work done by another seller on Fiverr, accused me of making incorrect to their site which I didn’t even have access to as yet. Getting information to start working on the order was like pulling teeth. I barely managed to complete the job in time. I was stressed out throught this ordeal but unbelievably, the buyer satisfied with my work and wanted me to do other projects. I did not want to work with this buyer ever again. So, I politely informed the buyer I was busy with other gigs; I didn’t have time to work on theirs. A few days later, the buyer bought another gig. I had to ask them to cancel. Why can’t we ban/block buyers so that it appears as Suspended to them.

Hey, this is a nice suggestion, but I think it would be bad business sense for Fiverr to do this. I see your stress and I have a client like this right now who keeps ordering and ignoring my gig description. I simply think instead of blocking a buyer, because I find that would be unprofessional, that we can flag a buyer so that Fiverr Customer Support would see that a specific buyer is not respecting your gig, but the bottom line is that the customer is always right.

So, with that said, I think a better suggestion than simply blocking a buyer would be to explain to the buyer that what he/she is requesting is not part of the gig offer and in a nice professional way, tell your buyer to read the gig description again. Then, give the buyer the option of continuing with the order AND paying you extra by purchasing more gigs or refunding them. If the buyer still ignores this and does not want to purchase additional gigs from you, I would flag the buyer with CS.

@oldbittygrandma gave me a nice template on how to address this situation. @oldbittygrandma, do you mind pasting that template here for @kim_talented to see.

I hope this helps,

Bruce

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: What she said, which she is so good at and that is awesome! I have never had a reason to block a buyer but I do understand about buyer causing stress so when the product is delivered you hope they never cross your doorstep again

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like the option to block messages from a user, as a psychic on Fiverr I have clients that order once and than for over two years now still message me there questions over and over despite politely asking them to order a gig if they want a reading.

Plus I get at least two spam/gig advertising messages a day.

• 1 month later...

The fiverr gods know I wish I had the option to block buyers as well… but it seems maybe a bit brutal. But it’s also pretty brutal having to a job and keep your mouth shut or risk a bad rating or complaints to CS… So, I have a proposal –

What iiiiiiif sellers could add an optional setting to their gigs whereby the client ‘proposes’ a job to the seller of their choosing, using a system that resembles a cross between the messages system and submitting gig requirements, and the seller ‘accepts’ or ‘rejects’ the job (click ACCEPT and then client submits gig requirements and timer starts ticking etc)? This way those who want to block clients from buying gigs can, and those who don’t want to don’t have to, and a bit more mutual shopping around happens?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All this time and still no way to block problematic buyers.

Seriously, this is a must. There are customers who will not respect that the gigs are offered as described and that no amount of ordering and THEN asking if changes can be made will make a difference.

Sellers NEED to be able to block those buyers.

I believe the option should be available, however, till that becomes an option it’s best to communicate with the Buyer and let them know you no longer wish to work with them.

I understand some Buyers can be very difficult and you have the right not to work with them, but be straight forward with them. Don’t give them excuses saying you’re busy with other orders isn’t the way to go about it at all - it’s just leading them on to think you’ll work with them again in the future.

Remember, put yourself in their shoes. Would you rather be led on by someone till it comes to a head having had all that time wasted or would you rather they just tell you the truth up front so you can either come to a resolution or go your separate ways Honesty is always the best policy, in life and in business. Good luck to you! 🙂

I do like the we choose to refuse service idea.

Most stores and shops have this right and rarely if ever exercise it.

The right remains however as a last line of defence.

When you take into example all the tutorials “how to make money using fiver” most are actually pointing toward selling work onward from a fiver seller to buyers from craigslist or ebay.

This is not in fivers best interest .

(few of any tutorials I saw on you tube ever actually suggested you try selling here.)

• 4 months later...

Stop complaining. That is the name of the game in selling yourself or a product. You have to put up with the customers or learn to handle them.

Also sellers/shops can be just as big pain in the neck. Promising solutions/products but delivering real sheit. And then getting hysterical and threatening when you write a review that has less that 5 stars. It goes both ways.

• 1 month later...

I would like to have a “Block” or “Do not contact me again” button. Why?
Because “Report” activates CS and in the worst case, the other party might get their account banned. That is quite OK for spammers or cheaters.
There are, however, nice people out there who I just don’t want to talk to. Reason might be that they are pestering me about lowering my rate or asking for stuff I don’t do in a not so nice way. And they might be ignoring my plea to not contact me again.
This still does not justify a report to CS in every case.
Please add a “Block” button, it would really help.

And hey, if you don’t want to block people, don’t press the button!

• 1 month later...

I don’t know why there isn’t some sort of block button. In the real world freelancers have the option not to work with certain clients again so why can’t it happen here. I sometimes get gut feelings about people and would rather not work with them so I think that there should be some sort of feature - not necessarily blocking them but something else that you could use to say that you don’t feel comfortable working with them on a certain project at this point in time or something. I sometimes buy things from fiverr and I would understand if someone refused to deliver something to me. I would just look for someone else instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
angelfish5 said: I don't know why there isn't some sort of block button. In the real world freelancers have the option not to work with certain clients again so why can't it happen here.

That’s one of the trade-offs of letting someone else handle your business for you, unfortunately. For those who are more successful on here than they would be if they tried to run their business on their own, having to go through Fiverr to get very basic things done that a standalone freelancer wouldn’t require a third-party for is worth it. For the rest of us, it’s just a nuisance.

There should totally be a block feature. If you don’t want to block anyone because you think it’s harsh, don’t use the feature.

Archived