Fiverr Forum

Blocked. Really?

I’m not the paranoid type, but it’s getting to be a little too common for me to get “blocked” for my actions which supposedly cause a “security threat” on the forum, only after I’ve posted a few less-than-adoring comments in regards to the glorious Fiverr.

And I’ll add that it’s utterly charming that someone else can post literal physical threats against staff members, but it seems like I am in trouble for pointing out obvious flaws and inconsistencies in the system - along with reasonable suggestions for improvement!

It doesn’t really matter and I’m merely ranting, but it sure would be nice to know if I am actually doing something considered-at-the-moment-to-be-wrong or if it’s just another part of the site that doesn’t work correctly!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

itsyourthing said: if it's just another part of the site that doesn't work correctly!!!!
That's my guess.

So do you mean when you go to post something here in the forum you get a big blocked page? I get those too sometimes…I just take it as a “message” from the universe that I have been on here too long, and to go get focused on something else I need to attend to…LOL…

To second what @Ricksper said, I don’t think this is anything to do with forum moderators - I think this is just the forum’s heavily automated filters mucking things up.

It is almost definitely a filter issue, but it would be so totally, honking awesome if the error was made apparent, so it could be avoided. Even if it is just a “hey, could you shut up for awhile?!?”

:slight_smile:

I wonder if it shows up as often for real spammers as it does for those of us that are just ahem avoiding work and cruisin’ around the forum.

I haven’t checked to see if it was still up/unfraggled, but that’s why I was so curious about the physical threat comment. I’m fairly sure @fonthaunt intentionally tagged globalva in her comment to draw attention to it. Hmm, do I have enough cruisin’ time today to go look for it?

Bizzaro. The only thing that has been blocked for me is the forum where like 500 of my customers nominated me for rising star,

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/18002/fiverr039s-rising-stars-who-do-you-nominate

Its not there anymore. It says permission denied.

Anyways that sucks.

Also no matter how pist off or insulting a person can be NEVER NEVER NEVER threaten a person with physical violence. I am 100% against that. Drop the F bomb on me and at face, call me names, all you want but when someone threatens you with physical violence, it becomes a CRIMINAL problem.

Harmful and Offensive physical violence is a mental PLAGUE that reaches from kids to politicians and the ONLY reason why defensive physical violence exists.

I’m not going to lie, it’s really annoying that I get occasionally blocked when I’m trying to post a legitimate comment or thread and there are users that can post the same nonsense “foreign call girls” post like a hundred times at the top of the “Tips for Sellers” section and obviously aren’t getting blocked.

Why doesn’t the forum have some sort of block that automatically prevents you from posting the same thing over and over and over and over again? That seems like the best way to squash spammers–not just to block people who post a lot…and then, only sometimes.

Reply to @itsyourthing: I actually get blocked from time to time too – and I’m an admin. Usually it happens with me when I am trying to post a link from the Support section or I’m trying to reference another forum post. It doesn’t happen all the time though! It’s a bug. :frowning:

itsyourthing said: And I'll add that it's utterly charming that someone else can post literal physical threats against staff members

Yikes! I hope you reported this person. That's not cool and very disheartening.

Reply to @joeyperezwest: They likely deleted that thread (or made it private or whatever happens to the threads that just disappear into the ether). There’s been a few threads that I can find in my “comments” area that if I click on them, I get that same error–they’re the ones where things were getting heated and the moderators eventually just killed the thread instead of letting the war continue.

Reply to @kjblynx: I don’t know if it’s just me, but the forum actually looks broken to me. I see missing avatars (mine included) and titles showing up to the far right of the page and running past the edge.

Combine that with all the spam and lack of moderation and it just becomes really unprofessional.

Reply to @kjblynx: Maybe they’re too busy planning new features that no one wants. :confused:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Totally true! I guess it would be less fun

Reply to @emasonwrites: Maybe there is - it’s a ‘repeated common sense’ filter!

If all the nonsense got blocked and all that remained was legitimate commentary, just think how boring the forum would be.

I’m trying here, I’m really trying. :slight_smile:

Reply to @thepromogirl: They were publicly chastised by several forum posters and an admin was tagged. I flagged the posts and I assume the others who knew about it did too.

No, I understand frustration, but that was totally uncalled for.

itsyourthing said: They were publicly chastised by several forum posters and an admin was tagged.

I am so glad I missed out of that fiasco!

Reply to @itsyourthing: I’ve barely posted lately due to my move and today I’ve posted only within limits. Since I’m a fast writer and I like forums I thought perhaps the block messages might be due to frequent posts or as one person suggested, too many quotes.

I just now tried to write a reply to someone using one quote and I also mentioned a Fiverr admin because the person I was responding to had also used the name of that admin/staff member. The name was not even a username, but a first and last name. I was blocked. I deleted the name of the admin and saved a draft which worked. I then typed the rest of the post and it was not blocked. However, I’ve been blocked also when I haven’t used names or quotes or anything. The forum is just a mess. I wonder if I’ll get blocked when I post this? I bet not. LOL.

Reply to @joeyperezwest: I remember the post you were nominated in. I wondered why it was removed. I don’t recall any flaming, it was just gone later.

I also know that one night here several regular users were heavily threatened (and I was one of them) by a fake user trying to promote an e-book. He used references to horror movies to suggest things he would do to those of us who opposed him. He did it openly in the forums and sent private messages as well. He was later blocked but has gone on to create at least 7 alters promoting the same e-book. At least 6 of them even had usernames showing the number he was on (i.e. corey6 which is close but not exact since I am not allowed to call out users) He even identifies himself in his profile as a non-seller or buyer and states that it is a fake profile. He did stop using threats after realizing that it slowed his promo down, but it’s incredible that people like that can go on and on while regular users are blocked or otherwise punished for posting ordinary (if critical) conversation.