Fiverr Community Forum

Blocked user still managed to contact me?

So today I had to block a user on Fiverr, I blocked them through the website first, a couple hours later I got messages from this user, I was on my phone and apparently they were not blocked so I did it again and they still managed to send 2 more messages?

Not sure if this happened to anyone else but it sounds like a bug

1 Like

I had to block someone a few days ago and he wasn’t immediately blocked, He was able to send like 2 more, and then the ones he sent afterwards went to the spam folder.

The other times I blocked people it was instantly, never heard from them again. So yeah I think it’s a bug.

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced this (yet), because my Gigs are mostly one-time purchases, so I can get away from annoying buyers easier because of this. This is definitely a bug, it’s been here for ages. And since then, even more inbox/purchase, etc… bugs appeared.

I don’t think they would fix this anytime soon. They are slow for Seller issues, but fast for Buyer issues.

1 Like

That’s true. Well be glad you can get away from annoying buyers! :joy: I decided to stop doing business with a specific customer today and they were not very happy about it :sweat_smile:

I had that happen just one time and they not only sent more messages but also placed an order. But that was one time.

Oh wow I hope everything was okay afterwards. I don’t block people that often on Fiverr, only when necessary, if one of those people placed an order I would’ve panicked

This has happened to me a few times. It seems to have been resolved lately for me though. Unblock them, refresh the page and block them again.

2 Likes

It seems to work best to do it on the app.

1 Like