Fiverr Community Forum

Blocked users not blocked

So annoyed as im dealing with a customer horror story bc she was blocked and able to place a order but now I have another person who was blocked contacting me about services i don’t provide. 5r unblocked them im assuming and when i try to reblock i get a error message :rage: I really don’t want multiple order cancellations in one day.

1 Like

It’s probably a bug.

1 Like

@misscrystal I just wrote cs again, im so annoyed because dealing with one difficult customer is enough instead of two.

1 Like

@dreamteamresume, may I ask you a few questions?

Those who you blocked had ordered from you previously or have they only contacted you?

Did you block them through the block option on the Inbox or through their profile?

Did you block them using the app or your PC?

Please, kindly excuse me for asking you so many questions.

2 Likes

@maitasun you can ask all the answers you would like if it helps figure this out.
may I ask you a few questions?

Those who you blocked had ordered from you previously or have they only contacted you?

Customer 1 contacted me and was block on the pc through msgs.

Customer 2 same way but placed previous order but kept asking me for different gigs i didn’t offer and couldn’t take no as a answer.

Did you block them through the block option on the Inbox or through their profile?

Inbox

Did you block them using the app or your PC?

Pc

Sorry im on my phone and had to copy and paste to remember the question

2 Likes

Blocking people through inbox will only stop them from messaging you. I would hope, permanently. At least I haven’t had blocked people bothering me again for 2+ years.

You have to either block them through their profile (if there is a button for that) or block them through the app (this one works 100% of the time from what I read). Then they can’t even see you or your gigs.

PS I hope we don’t have a block list resurrection bug or something. I wouldn’t want that.

6 Likes

Thank you @dreamteamresume for your kind answer.

I agree with @misscrystal it must be some bug.

There is no recurrence pattern, since one of the users only messaged you, and the other one had previously ordered from you. The only common points are that both of them were blocked through the Inbox option and using your PC.

I have one user blocked through Inbox, using my lap, and another one through the profile, using the app. Haven’t heard from them, but just now I have checked, and I can see their profiles!!! They have been unblocked!!! :flushed: :scream:

4 Likes

I always could see the profiles of people I’ve blocked. It just had a message at the top that I had to unblock that person to contact them.

… and now there is no such message. :slight_smile: I hope it doesn’t mean anything.

4 Likes

Same here, I could see them. I was just hoping that they couldn’t see me.

Hopefully cs will have answers and no other customers don’t place gigs outside of my scope. Being a new seller I doubt they want to see me canceling and blocking everyone lol

No, it disappeared!!! :astonished: :confounded: :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Please keep us updated on this.

I hope it’s a bug and not an update. Some buyers really don’t like it when you block them.

2 Likes

Can you try customer service

1 Like

Just checked the buyer who I blocked for sending creepy requests. I no longer have the “this buyer is blocked message” OR the ability to block him again. Uh-oh. He’s had lots of other orders with other sellers since then, so I hope he doesn’t notice…

2 Likes

Well my ffiverr career might be short lived because I just woke up from taking a nap and the other customer previously who was blocked and I said no to do work placed a $350.00 order while I was sleeping. This person placed an order for services I do not do! This is not okay how this is happening.

1 Like

I noticed that too recently now that you mention it and it is with people I block on the app. But none have messaged me so I think it still works.

1 Like

@maitasun @misscrystal @lenasemenkova @susanlouise216 @brenna_n Customer service did contact me and indeed say it was a bug however who I spoke with did not care to help me recover my status. She also didn’t have answers to what if they just keep placing orders. To be honest i am very upset. If your stats get super low from cancellations due to not wanting to work with someone is there a way to get out of the slump? I feel like they are letting customers bully me into do work. Which I obviously want work that’s why I am here but some people are more trouble than it’s worth.

3 Likes

That sucks. I guess the good thing is they can fix the bug now! Can you try calling as opposed to emailing? maybe then they will help you recover your info

2 Likes

@brenna_n I didn’t know I could call them.

idk if you can. I’m just saying if there is a number available, call it

1 Like

@brenna_n I found out I googled and it says this is their info, I am based in the US so I don’t see myself getting through to anyone lol

Fiverr International, Ltd.
12 HaOmanim Street
Tel Aviv, 6789731
Israel
972-3-631-7882