Fiverr Community Forum

Blocking a User In Chat Should Block a Sale

Hi Fiverr’ss

Why on Earth does blocking an idiotic user or creepy scammer not stop them form ordering from you. This makes no sense to me. If I block someone I need to have the option to restrict them.

2 Likes

Did you block them or only report them within the inbox?

1 Like

Used the block feature from mobile app in chat

I think I read that only keeps them from messaging you. In order to block them from ordering you need to go to their profile page and block them.

However, I could be wrong. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ok thats great info thanks

So far I can only block previous buyers from ordering. I get a lot of people lately messaging me wanting things I don’t offer and half the time they don’t seem to read what I write to them.

3 Likes

I think they just bomb a bunch of people in the hope they bite

1 Like

I have NEVER had anything like this until the last three months and I don’t know the reason for it.

They come from my profile not my gigs and ask repeatedly for things I do not have gigs for.

It may be this forum. It’s horrible. I waste hours a day on this.

I tell them I don’t do that then bam they ask right away for another thing I don’t have a gig for, on and on, dozens of them all the time now.

They also seem to think I’m someone else, or have me confused with others. As you say they must have standard things prepared they send to dozens of people.

3 Likes

I had someone ask me to be a Chinese Dr for a 10,000 word script. I’m an English American. I said why don’t"t you find a Chinese American to do it. Kept asking the same thing. Whaaaat

2 Likes

Someone else must be impersonating me. I say over and over no I don’t do that, no I don’t do that, five times at least to the same person, about four times a day now with different people.

1 Like

I’m convinced it’s buyer request preditors. They must have a “sucker” short list

2 Likes

There surely will be such a thing in near future. As a seller we need it desperately because surely if we block someone in order to ruin our stats he can order or harm us! So there really is need of such thing!

1 Like

Yes I must be on a list somewhere.

1 Like