Fiverr Forum

Blurry images on gig page

Anyone else noticing that when you click on an individual gig, the still image that represents the video is really fuzzy. Not a cache issue, I have verified this on 2 browsers and 2 different machines. Just started yesterday.

Eek! I see what you’re talking about. :woman_facepalming:t4:

I just checked in chrome and incog it looks horrible. :grimacing:

I just checked it and you’re right, it looks really blurry. I also noticed the image shown is not the video but rather the gig image. (on my gigs)

Does fiverr staff monitor this category?

I’m sure they do. @mjensen415 stated in the past that they read stuff.

Is it still persisting from your end, guys? I tried checking it out, it looks fine already.

They do, but not consistently. if someone hasn’t already done it, I’ll drop a link to this thread to staff. I see the blurries too.

Update: Another mod has already forwarded this info.

Yup! It’s still blurry on my end. Unless my :eyes: eyes are playing tricks on me. :smile:

Thanks, Maddie! :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha, @newsmike is looking great from my end! It must be my glasses. :face_with_monocle::nerd_face: This is from the main browser I use [Google Chrome]

But i tried using Microsoft Edge and it does look fuzzy like what you guys said.

screenshot

Same here @newsmike. My video thumbnails look horrible and I’m in the video selling category!

I think they are experimenting with a way to reduce bandwidth consumption.

When you click on the blurry thumbnail the high-res thumbnail loads insteaf of the video playing.

You have to click again for the video to start playing.

So an extra click for the buyers. Not huge, but not really helpful either.

The eyes are the second thing to go…I can’t remember what the first thing is.

I believe it’s the :brain: mind. Cuckoo-cuckoo :bird: :stuck_out_tongue:

Staring at your mug, you kinda resemble this guy (just a wee tiny bit) :small_red_triangle_down:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jason Alexander

Yes, separated at birth. But he got the money and I have to suffer with just the looks.

Blah! I’m not buying it.

But, but you’re a TRS you should be rollin’ in dough. :smile: :money_mouth_face:

:money_with_wings: :moneybag: :dollar: :heavy_dollar_sign:

I think that might be a little optimistic. But I’m sure the blurry images and extra unnecessary click will help a lot.

Thanks for posting this. I thought I was the one losing my mind, or sight. Not sure blurry images really improves the user experience.