Fiverr Forum

Boo that buyer!

Since we can’t name names here, or see the kind of feedback buyers have left for sellers, I was wondering if I can set up a facebook page and allow follow sellers to go there and name that buyer who left them an unjustified thumbs down or are just plain difficult to deal with so that at least we know who to avoid. I am done being abused, exploited, threatened and taken advantage of on this platform. I indicated what I’ll do for my gig and THAT’S JUST THAT!! I won’t and can’t do more without “gig extras”. And CS are not helping either so we the sellers are on our own.

And what saddens me too is that some petty buyers can just file a dispute on paypal and then the money is taken from your account and then when it’s settled and the money happens to go back to fiverr, it doesn’t go back to your account. Instead it just stays at fiverr. And since fiverr can’t return your money into your account (but they can take it away), I for one will NOT want to work with such weirdo buyers in the first place.

I have had wonderful buyers leave me great feedback, but they’ve had issues with another seller and left them a negative. And vice versa. The quote “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” springs to mind.

Sometimes it can even be the sellers fault for not making their gig clear enough. Having poor communication or mis-representing a gig can also result in a negative. If you have any negative feedback try and turn it into a positive, it can sometimes be hard but this is what great customer service is all about :slight_smile:

However if anyone on Fiverr has threatened or abused you, get in touch with Customer Support straight away who will take action on the buyers account.

Fiverr are aware of the PayPal dispute issue and are working on it.

I just had a look at your account and perhaps you could add a Tip Gig? Then link to this when delivering an order. You are a Top Rated Seller with high quality work and I’m sure you provide amazing value, customers are happy to pay you more if they feel you’ve delivered something great :slight_smile:

I am being soooo dim today - thanks for the tip gig info @kymmypops.

design2thrive said: I was wondering if I can set up a facebook page and allow follow sellers to go there and name that buyer who left them an unjustified thumbs down or are just plain difficult to deal with so that at least we know who to avoid.

There is nothing stopping you from doing that, but I suspect you would be under serious scrutiny and surely there would be some tiny thing that would most likely get you banned within a short time.