Fiverr Community Forum

💡 Guide: Get your First Order

The problem likely is with your niche. I see you have one gig in proofreading and editing. The buyer requests you’re able to see are only those that have the same or similar tags as your gigs.

Many sellers post on the buyer requests page but, at least in my experience, I wouldn’t say that that constitutes the majority of the requests.

I have one writing gig but I also have many gigs in programming and design and I usually see far more buyer requests than seller requests in there. I think you should try adding more gigs with diverse tags to see more of the buyer requests

44 Likes

Correct! I agree to this too.

23 Likes

Good Post. I liked the conversation flow. Hope it helps someone looking for job.

:slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

24 Likes

Thank you for your helpful post. I think it will help new sellers like me.

30 Likes

thank you so much for sharing your nice tips.i’m suffering for first order.i’m still waiting but i didn’t get yet.though i have no portfolio.other all of thing i have but still waiting.

30 Likes

Yes, definitely! This is why this post :slight_smile: All the best!

24 Likes

Go through the academy and learn more about it… Keep practicing the new things you learn. I am sure you will land on your first order very soon!!

All the best :slight_smile:

32 Likes

staying on fiverr since last 7 months, got only one order. did all you said.
have a portfolio and 140+ collection there.
too cheap rate.
probably i need to upgrade my skill,
fiverr helping lots of sellers and they have skill.
you can visit my gigs if possible :slight_smile:

31 Likes

But it seems posting of seller requests among buyer requests does work as those sellers often get offers. I do get tempted to do same but refrain as I get worried about the fiverr threat of ranking lower in searches.

26 Likes

… and having your wrists slapped by Fiverr, but hey go ahead and try it if you want to join the ranks of sellers being seen as scammy spammers, but I do hope you don’t - I’m sure you’re better than that!

29 Likes

They get offers from sellers looking for work (or from bots), not from buyers looking to hire someone.

Buyers can’t even see buyer requests, unless they’re also sellers who offer the same type of service.

29 Likes

Great tips. Thank you. :+1:

24 Likes

Thanks this will surely help

24 Likes

Brother please tell me actually gig rank is a matters for seller…

22 Likes

Calling @catwriter ‘Brother’ is a sure fire way for her not to help you! Catwriter is definitely a girl!

Nobody knows what the ranking algorithm is I’m afraid.

22 Likes

Sorry to say you brother madam ha,ha you are cool 4 me

13 Likes

You are welcome @thomas_howard :slight_smile:

14 Likes

All the best @fireartistic :slight_smile:

12 Likes

thanks @stdwares
Can you review my gig

12 Likes

Sure!
Please share link to your Gig!