Bullying by buyer

alance22

I help promote indie author through FB and amazon promotion–basically I write reviews to help boost sales. Most authors want a “verified” review which isn’t a problem, but I clearly state that in order to purchase the author’s book they need to provide additional funds. Otherwise, there is obviously no point for me.

Recently, a buyer purchased my review service without the extra gig to cover the book cost (this isn’t uncommon so I didn’t think anything about it). And as promised I provided a 5-star review for them on amazon.

Because the buyer didn’t understand what verified meant (how you can self-publish on amazon without understanding the basics is beyond me) they gave me a 1-star review for my service. This is the only 1-star review I’ve ever received and authors and generally very happy with my work.

When I attempt to contact the buyer he/she responded with inappropriate language and accused me of being a liar. Unfortunately, this buyer doesn’t appear to speak English as a first language and my attempts to explain my services (again) as well as amazon’s reviewer policy didn’t do much good. Now, the buyer is threatening to tell other people to give me 1-star reviews and continues to call me a liar/deceitful/ect.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, What I think. after ordering you should have sent him an update on the order page or a message “Asking if they need an Unverified review else they should Purchase an extra gig for a verified review as stated in your gig’s description”. And if after 24-48 hours you get no respond, you cancel the order.

I’ve had such silly experiences with crazy buyers in the Past. In fact, my most selling gigs back then, was Offering Amazon Verified reviews. Fiverr removed the gig & said I was violating a third party policy and said it is against their terms of service for that reason removed my gigs from their search engine for 30 days after which I contacted them after 30 days Apologizing before my gigs were restored.

In the first Place, I think you shouldn’t have contacted fiverr about it. it might be risky you know. It is Normal to get Negative reviews, Obviously You can’t satisfy everyone. sometimes it could be your competitors doing it in either way just to pull you down from the Fiverr Search engine. The best option for you,would have being you Just cancelled the order, the review will go off after the order is cancelled, than contacting the Fiverr Support . I’m Afraid the Outcome might not be Positive. Just hope for the best. After they reply you. Try to Search for your gigs in the search engine & Note Fiverr would not tell you that they have removed your gigs from their search engine. You’ll figure out that yourself!

If you need any assistance let me know! Just be hopeful & don’t let the same mistake repeat itself, I understand shit Happens.

jenny_fiver said: In fact, my most selling gigs then was Offering Amazon Verified reviews. Fiverr removed the gig & said I was violating a third party policy and said it is against their terms of service for that reason removed my gigs from their search engine for 30 days after which I contacted them after 30 days Apologizing before my gigs were restored.
So they restored the gigs that violated third party policy because you apologized?

By the way, Fiverr does not guarantee that a gig will be included in search whether they violate any rules or not. The only place your gigs will always be displayed is in your profile.

Your buyer was bad, but you should have written him before doing the work, “Hey, are you sure you don’t want me to buy the book? If I don’t buy the book, it won’t say “Amazon verified review” when I post the review. Your book is $2.99, I need you to order a gig extra.” Then if he refuses, just do a mutual cancellation.

Archived