Bump bump bump bump

zeus777

I just created a new gig, and while I can use Facebook and other wonderful internet tools to promote it,

I decided to also post it in the “My Fiverr gigs” category just for the heck of it.

Posting your gigs there is not the best way to get exposure I think, but it is an option, a start.

When I went there, I saw a lot of bump/up posts.

I understand what those people are trying to do, they want their posts to be at the top so more people can see it. However seeing a looooooooooooooooooooooooong line of just “up” or “bump” doesn’t make you

look good. It makes you look pretty desperate, maybe even unprofessional. It can also be a bit unfair to the other

people posting their gigs there.

Personally I think it would be better if you add a sample or some kind of a short message that is related to your gig,

rather than just typing in that one little word.

If you are offering a logo gig for example, draw a sample and add that to your thread.

If you are offering writing gigs, maybe you can add a short story or something, to show people your skills.

Depending on the gig, leaving a sample or a message related to the gig might be a bit hard, but I think it is

worth putting in that extra time to come up with something. 🙂

Great tip!! It is also worth noting that although posts in My Fiverr Gigs get a lot of leeway, excessive bumping without any new/useful info can eventually get a post removed, closed, etc. The same thing applies when users try a category “takeover” by posting multiple threads in a short time.

Used properly, though, occasionally a sale can come from posting there! I’ve recently favorited 2 gigs I saw there to keep in mind for my own purchases.

Archived