BUY RATINGS NOW! (We give bad ratings) Anyone receive this besides me?

looknofurther1

So, I got this message today… that said:

"Hi, i see you have a good rating. You could do better. You can get good ratings for yourself or bad ones for you rivalry. Fragglesrock"

I went to their website and saw that they were offering to "decrease a rivalry gig rating, we can do that"

Anyone else blown away by this? The sad part is, I pondered whether or not to put it on here because I would hope that no one else would give this guy any business.

This is wrong on so many levels:

1. I didn’t know fiverr was a gang territory and you needed to take out the competition, in my opinion the global market that they target is big enough for everyone to have their share.

2. If this becomes commonplace, it will totally ruin the rating system (whether ARS or thumbs up/thumbs down) and hurt those of us who go out of our way to provide exceptional customer service.

3. One of the great things about Fiverr is that unlike other sites of it’s kind, it is has a high integrity and reputable vibe to it. I believe that Fiverr’s high standards is what sets it apart from other sites and I would hate to see that go to the wayside due to trashy and unethical practices like the ones advertised in the message that I received.

What say you guys!?!

That is so wrong. The sad part is, if we tried to refute one of these negative ratings with customer service, it’s not guaranteed that it would be removed. How do you prove it was a fake negative review, you know? So bad. I really hope nobody would stoop to that level.

Reply to @bachas85: yesterday, I did a very short video with no script, just answering one question. I did not read, there was no script, just an answer to a question. Buyer accused me of reading a script and not looking into the camara, requested a modification and dropped a line something like this…if you redo it I will give you a brilliant rating and come around with more work…

So the star rating now is used indirectly for passive agressive request. What if I don’t redo it and advice that the TOC states work shall not be redone based on personal tast…What if I cancel, and I loose 5$ but a lot of buyers now use this star rating request more modifications, and next thing you know I am canceling 10 orders a week.

What would you do?

bachas85 said: Thumbs were also used that way "I'll give you thumbs up if you....". The idea is to set your foot down. This is a $5 market, not your everyday market.

I agree.

The threatening behavior is not new or a quality of the ARS per se. I wouldn't go making this case in this way.

What I will say is that the ARS is more insidious for abusers.

Why?

Because they can give a 3-star review which I see as horrible and I know many others do...but the system now considers a positive review.

So, a 3-star review can be given if you give in or if you don't to the blackmail

Archived