Buyer accidentally gave less review for my order

fxmaker

Hello All,
Buyer accidentally gave me less review and he himself is feeling for giving less review. Now I cannot place buyer request as I should have atleast 90% positive review for placing buyer request.

Is there any way to request buyer to change review? I’ve requested customer support to look at it.

I just started working on fiverr and I’m having a really bad time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course not. Read the ToS. I don’t understand why people ask questions here instead of looking it up themselves. You agree to the ToS when you sign up. Maybe read them?

The reason it’s not allowed is because it’s wildly unethical and would devalue the whole purpose of reviews.

If you rating isn’t high enough, do the work to raise it. Don’t ask for people to change their rating so you can get what you want. The rating system exists for a reason.

Hello All,

Buyer accidentally gave me less review and he himself is feeling for giving less review. Now I cannot place buyer request as I should have atleast 90% positive review for placing buyer request.

Is there any way to request buyer to change review? I’ve requested customer support to look at it.

I just started working on fiverr and I’m having a really bad time.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid you’ll be getting a warning. 😬

Never ask your buyer, and much less CS, to change whatever review you got.

Aww, that sucks! Unfortunately this can happen however- it has for me several times.

At this point there is not much you can do, as the users mentioned above - without risking a warning on your account.

It’s especially annoying if the buyer acknowledges that they meant to give you a higher rating - as you seem to be implying.

Hopefully the buyer tries to rectify it, by contacting customer services, but - I wouldn’t count on it!

Keep working hard to help increase your rating - and move forward.

Aww, that sucks! Unfortunately this can happen however- it has for me several times.

At this point there is not much you can do, as the users mentioned above - without risking a warning on your account.

It’s especially annoying if the buyer acknowledges that they meant to give you a higher rating - as you seem to be implying.

Hopefully the buyer tries to rectify it, by contacting customer services, but - I wouldn’t count on it!

Unfortunately this can happen however- it has for me several times.

I would never have thought I would accidentally give the wrong review but I did and I see how people can do it. It’s really bad when you experience this. If I can do it anyone can.

What I was presented with after the delivery of my order was extremely confusing. I had no idea it was even a review.

I saw a box that said something like “would you like to comment?” I mindlessly put in a comment not realizing it was the actual review. The same with the stars. I put in the wrong amount of stars without realizing it or even that it was the final review.

I feel stupid and also misled by the way the review setup is presented.

I would never have thought I would accidentally give the wrong review but I did and I see how people can do it. It’s really bad when you experience this. If I can do it anyone can.

What I was presented with after the delivery of my order was extremely confusing. I had no idea it was even a review.

I saw a box that said something like “would you like to comment?” I mindlessly put in a comment not realizing it was the actual review. The same with the stars. I put in the wrong amount of stars without realizing it or even that it was the final review.

Yes, super frustrating because your hands are tied in rectifying the situation.

Of course not. Read the ToS. I don’t understand why people ask questions here instead of looking it up themselves. You agree to the ToS when you sign up. Maybe read them?

The reason it’s not allowed is because it’s wildly unethical and would devalue the whole purpose of reviews.

If you rating isn’t high enough, do the work to raise it. Don’t ask for people to change their rating so you can get what you want. The rating system exists for a reason.

Thank you for your kind reply,

I am from a well educated family and I’ve read the ToS while signing up itself. The buyer mistakenly gave me less stars. He himself felt sorry for giving a less review. I also know that review system exists for making fiverr environment a better place.

But what about the sellers that worked hard and got less stars mistakenly? The judgement should be balance no matter who you are. Whether you maybe a buyer or seller, it should be equal.

That’s why I came here looking for what other sellers have experienced. My works are on par and above quality. I don’t go beg for 5 star review. I just want fair judgement for what I worked for.

I’m really humbled by your less arrogant and kind reply.

May god bless your soul. Stay safe and take care of yourself and your family.

Thank you,

Aathithya

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid you’ll be getting a warning. 😬

Never ask your buyer, and much less CS, to change whatever review you got.

Hoping that I don’t get any warning. Fingers crossed.

Stay safe and take care of yourself and your family.

I just wonder if Buyer did it accidentally why Buyer him/herself does not contact CS to make correction…

Is it because that Buyer does not know about such possibility?

Sometimes they see it as a hassle. Many buyers don’t realize how important ratings are - so they might apologize, and carry on.

I’m not even sure CS would change a rating - even given by accident anymore - to be honest.

Thank you for your kind reply,

I am from a well educated family and I’ve read the ToS while signing up itself. The buyer mistakenly gave me less stars. He himself felt sorry for giving a less review. I also know that review system exists for making fiverr environment a better place.

But what about the sellers that worked hard and got less stars mistakenly? The judgement should be balance no matter who you are. Whether you maybe a buyer or seller, it should be equal.

That’s why I came here looking for what other sellers have experienced. My works are on par and above quality. I don’t go beg for 5 star review. I just want fair judgement for what I worked for.

I’m really humbled by your less arrogant and kind reply.

May god bless your soul. Stay safe and take care of yourself and your family.

Thank you,

Aathithya

"He himself felt sorry for giving a less review. I also know that review system exists for making fiverr environment a better place.

But what about the sellers that worked hard and got less stars mistakenly? The judgement should be balance no matter who you are. Whether you maybe a buyer or seller, it should be equal."

Because no ethical marketplace runs that way. No one can change a review for ANY reason. And even if you could, it would undermine the whole reason reviews add credibility.

Mistakes happen. It’s part of being in a marketplace. Focus on getting great reviews instead of trying to change existing ones.

I just wonder if Buyer did it accidentally why Buyer him/herself does not contact CS to make correction…

He is a new buyer. He placed his first order to me. That’s why I initiated it. Hope I don’t get any warning.

Yes I will. Hope that I don’t get any warnings for the mail that I sent.

Hoping that fiverr will give out a fair judgement and improve their ToS. So that both buyer and seller get a balanced judgement. Hoping to not getting a warning from fiverr, fingers crossed.

Yes, it can be a very innocent mistake - and I have heard the prompts given during a review (nowadays) can be very confusing. But times have changed! When I started here - buyers could come back a year later and change their review lol…

I also have a regular client who gave me a 4.3 star review a couple times (whatever that glitch was), by accident - but she ordered again right away and gave me 5 to help to and rectify the matter. Thank goodness for buyers like her!

Yes, it can be a very innocent mistake - and I have heard the prompts given during a review (nowadays) can be very confusing. But times have changed! When I started here - buyers could come back a year later and change their review lol…

I also have a regular client who gave me a 4.3 star review a couple times (whatever that glitch was), by accident - but she ordered again right away and gave me 5 to help to and rectify the matter. Thank goodness for buyers like her!

I have heard the prompts given during a review (nowadays) can be very confusing.

I was and still am shocked by the entire process. It was misleading. It was never like this in the past.

I can’t believe this… I wish there was a way to correct it.

"He himself felt sorry for giving a less review. I also know that review system exists for making fiverr environment a better place.

But what about the sellers that worked hard and got less stars mistakenly? The judgement should be balance no matter who you are. Whether you maybe a buyer or seller, it should be equal."

Because no ethical marketplace runs that way. No one can change a review for ANY reason. And even if you could, it would undermine the whole reason reviews add credibility.

Mistakes happen. It’s part of being in a marketplace. Focus on getting great reviews instead of trying to change existing ones.

Focus on getting great reviews instead of trying to change existing ones.

Yea, That is the fact. Will work on improving ratings from future order. Hopefully fiverr responds with a positive attitude. I even attached a snippet of buyer saying he mistakenly gave less stars.

That is such a heartwarming gesture. She deserves a place in heaven, if it exists. <3

Will this affect my order from other buyers? I worked hard on this platform and just 1 wrong review made my gig, an overall 4.3 stars only. I can’t place any gigs for my buyer request. What to do?

Will this affect my order from other buyers? I worked hard on this platform and just 1 wrong review made my gig, an overall 4.3 stars only. I can’t place any gigs for my buyer request. What to do?

Use social media platforms to advertise your gigs - and just work on getting more orders so you can bury that 3.7 In the bigger picture a 3.7 rating is not great - and with needing to maintain a 4.7 to maintain your current level - it’s important to get some higher ratings to balance out or – move up (in your case).

Most prospective buyers will not be put off by an over-all 4.3 rating… especially if the orders you have completed are accompanied by positive comments - which yours are.

Sellers have reported here on the Forum that when their buyer asked CS to change the review, even though the seller was not aware the buyer was going to, the seller received a warning on their account.

Use social media platforms to advertise your gigs - and just work on getting more orders so you can bury that 3.7 In the bigger picture a 3.7 rating is not great - and with needing to maintain a 4.7 to maintain your current level - it’s important to get some higher ratings to balance out or – move up (in your case).

Most prospective buyers will not be put off by an over-all 4.3 rating… especially if the orders you have completed are accompanied by positive comments - which yours are.

Use social media platforms to advertise your gigs - and just work on getting more orders so you can bury that 4.3. In the bigger picture a 4.3 rating isn’t terrible - but with needing to maintain a 4.7 to maintain your current level - it’s important to get some higher ratings to balance out.

Thank you for your tip. I will work hard towards my future orders to raise it. As I’m a new seller, It’ll be somewhat hard to gain the lost momentum. I’m happy to regain what I lost, It’ll be a great challenge to overcome, which is fun considering how life is. 🙂

Most prospective buyers will not be put off by an over-all 4.3 rating… especially if the orders you have completed are accompanied by positive comments - which your are.

Thanks for the great motivation buddy. Happy to hear it from a reputed colleague <3

I remember a very long time client who accidentally gave me 4 stars and I never understood how it would happen until now.

The site needs to give a final showing of what your review will look like, including how many stars you put, before you confirm it.

The site needs to give a final showing of what your review will look like, including how many stars you put, before you confirm it.

Very true. Hope they consider adding this soon <3

Sellers have reported here on the Forum that when their buyer asked CS to change the review, even though the seller was not aware the buyer was going to, the seller received a warning on their account.

Well, that hurts but it´s good to know. Thanks

Archived