Buyer accusing me of plagiarism...what do I do?

sve_val

Hello everyone! I have been on Fiverr for over a year and I have been very happy with everything I have done here. I have an article writing gig, it is going well and I have several returning customers.

Today I wrote an article, the buyer accepted the delivery but gave me a 1 star review saying that I had scammed him by copying and pasting the article from the internet, and that the content was plagiarized and 0% unique.

I know this isn’t true and I can show it. I checked my article in many plagiarism sites, and all but one said it was unique. I think I know why the buyer thinks it is plagiarized, as one of these sites actually sees my article as plagiarized…which puzzles me, because it isn’t true! I even searched on Google all the sentence that were, according to this checker, plagiarized, and I found absolutely nothing. Still, at least 4 checkers list my article as being unique.

I wrote to the buyer, stating my case and making a list of all the sites where I checked my article, but I haven’t received an answer yet.

What should I do? Would it be helpful to contact Fiverr Support? If I had one 1-star review that said the buyer didn’t like my article, it would be subjective and I wouldn’t contest it, but what he states is not true and I can prove it. Should I give him a negative review as a buyer?

Also, I don’t understand why he accepted the delivery if he thought he was being scammed. Why didn’t he ask for a refund?

I am very upset because this is the first time I have been accused of something like this. I am not a scammer, and I really do my best.

Will a bad review really hurt my level on Fiverr and possibly my sales?

Sorry if this was too long, I just wanted to vent 😦

Archived