Buyer and cancellation

dollyhuque

I’m a seller at Fiverr. I’m working on a top buyer (V.I.D). I have worked once before. But then I had to face a lot of problems for him to work. I have to do what is not in my gig. Because he was talking about canceling if I didn’t work. I do this so that my Order Completion does not decrease. After the work is done, the buyer gives me a 5-star rating and orders again later. Now his order time is complete. I’ll deliver it. This time he is telling me to do more. I want to, but he tells me to cancel because his extra work is not going well.

What can I do now? 😢

I’m a seller at Fiverr. I’m working on a top buyer (V.I.D). I have worked once before. But then I had to face a lot of problems for him to work. I have to do what is not in my gig. Because he was talking about canceling if I didn’t work. I do this so that my Order Completion does not decrease. After the work is done, the buyer gives me a 5-star rating and orders again later. Now his order time is complete. I’ll deliver it. This time he is telling me to do more. I want to, but he tells me to cancel because his extra work is not going well.

What can I do now? 😢

This time he is telling me to do more. I want to, but he tells me to cancel because his extra work is not going well.

So, does he want you to keep going, or stop?

(Whichever way this ends, be sure to block this buyer.)

This time he is telling me to do more. I want to, but he tells me to cancel because his extra work is not going well.

So, does he want you to keep going, or stop?

(Whichever way this ends, be sure to block this buyer.)

@imagination7413

The work keeps going on. The delivery time ends today but he says that the extra work he gave was not done. And haven’t answered any of my messages yet.

Question: Has he paid for the extra work?

If he hasn’t, and you have completed the work in accordance to the original order, then deliver it.

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!
I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Question: Has he paid for the extra work?

If he hasn’t, and you have completed the work in accordance to the original order, then deliver it.

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!
I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

If the buyer gives me a bad review, there will be a bad effect for my the profile. So I’m scared of it.

For your consideration:

I am in a dispute with a buyer because all though I delivered the content on time and the prepper word count that they paid for, I didn’t fill in the template that they sent, and had to adjust the number of words per paragraph to accommodate extra sections. They requested a quote for this: Home = 300 About us is 250 Products 150 each= 900 Business opportunity=300 Blog=1000 Total=2750 words So I wrote the order for “up to 2800 words” total. They accepted the offer, then sent me a page of r…

For your consideration:

I am in a dispute with a buyer because all though I delivered the content on time and the prepper word count that they paid for, I didn’t fill in the template that they sent, and had to adjust the number of words per paragraph to accommodate extra sections. They requested a quote for this: Home = 300 About us is 250 Products 150 each= 900 Business opportunity=300 Blog=1000 Total=2750 words So I wrote the order for “up to 2800 words” total. They accepted the offer, then sent me a page of r…

@imagination7413

Thanks a lot for your support.

Archived