Buyer ask unlimited revisions

nayab_aslam

If you think the money he paid you is worth the extra effort you’re giving in, then by all means work with it. If it’s a $5 gig and he’s asking for the world to be served to him on a silver platter, stand your ground, explain to him kindly and professionally the limits of what your $5 gig can give a buyer.

For me, it depends on the situation. I’ve had several clients who didn’t know what they wanted. That’s tough, right out of the gate. If you’ve already given the buyer a third revision and he/she is still not happy, ask them to brainstorm different concepts to see which one they like the best. If they’re not willing to do that, then charge them for the extra revisions. I’ve had some clients where I did multiple (up to 10) revisions and wondered if they were trying to get 10 patterns for the price of $5.

This is a real pain for me. For all my gigs I offer 1 revision but will usually go as far as three for no extra charge in order to promote good customer satisfaction. After three though, I always send a request to cancel the order. Yes, this means you loose out on the funds, but from my experience, after three requests for revisions people are more likely to leave negative feedback + the time spent on doing more revisions is time I’m not using to complete new orders.

All that said, I see that you are offering unlimited revisions in bold in your gig descriptions. In this case your buyer is more than entitled to ask for as many revisions as they want. What I would therefore do, is finish your present order until the buyer is happy and then change your gig to say 3 revisions specifically. This way you will be entitled to charge for more revisions in the future and not risk your integrity if you can’t actually do the unlimited revisions which you are presently offering,

I give unlimited revision but with high price for all gig, cause i think this way i will work freely more than give limit revision. If i a buyer, paying 5$ for 1 times revision i feel not good.

If buyer tend to make you as a slaves and you feel not good with this order, just cancel it. easy

I would say that things really depend on the type of the buyer and his behavior. Try to work things out with your buyer. Gently explain that with your order you provide up to 3 free revisions and that every other one needs to be compensated etc.

Personally, if the revisions are not big deal just give it to the buyer. Don’t argue and try to close the sale. Maybe he’ll understands that you did you really tried hard and will give you a positive review which matters a lot before other buyers.

Now, I understand that sometimes it hurts but at least give it a try before you give up.

Best to all and happy holidays,
@ana2001

Archived