Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer asked for details

One of buyer messaged me and want to hire me for company products retouching
He asked me to give your profile pictures and other documentation?
Should i provide him ?
Does fiver allow for online interview
In message box ?
Please someone guide me

4 Likes

I think your portfolio should be good enough for most jobs, why does the buyer need you profile picture?

6 Likes

I dont know why thats why i am asking here for help

1 Like

You not provide your original photo in picture that’s why he want this.

1 Like

Do not provide any personal information/document like ID card, personal picture, driver license, etc…
You are a freelancer on a platform shaped for hosting freelancers (sellers) and buyers. There is no need to undergo an online “interview”. Indeed, if your buyer will ask you to talk outside Fiverr don’t do that.
Just show your portfolio to the buyer.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for help :heart:

He asked foe degree, id card, also

It’s strictly forbidden to ask for, or share, personal contact information, and asking for an ID card is extremely suspicious.

4 Likes

Most definitely sketchy, report them and move on

2 Likes

This sounds unnecessary so I would not share this information with the buyer.

Fiver does not allow sharing of personal info, unless it is necessary to complete the gig. I have shared my email and ID before because it was necessary to sign an NDA to complete the gig. It is important to make this clear in the fiver messages in case CS reviews your messages.

It’s always sensible to play it safe on fiver and only share what is absolutely necessary.

This buyer already sounds difficult to me!

5 Likes

Build strong portfolio.

1 Like

Don’t share your personal info on fiverr.you can give your portfolio for buyer satisfaction

1 Like

Here is how I would approach this, I won’t say it’s sketchy because I know of some buyers who like doing business face to face. So I would tell the buyer that the service you offer is branded by the profile picture you currently have and providing a personal photo won’t be possible. There wouldn’t be any actual damage by providing your own photo and It’s not against tos because most of the sellers here use their own photos as their profile…

2 Likes