Buyer Asking For Contact Out of Fiverr

haseebahmad_kt

hey, i had an buyer yesterday who was asking for contact out of fiverr on an hangouts call to clear some things which he said can’t be done on chat, i immediatly contacted support and got their reply today but the buyer had also sent me an screenshot in which it said contact is allowed in some cases and he insisted and shared his email in chat and the next day i got an warninig.
i received the following message from support also i have texted buyer to share details on fiverr again to avoid get suspended, can someone explain this exception part suggested by the support if contact is needed, thank you

The only exceptions made are achieved through the transparency of Gigs - e.g. you would have to ask the buyer for their contact information via Gig requirements. This does not include Gigs like the one you created.

hey, i had an buyer yesterday who was asking for contact out of fiverr on an hangouts call to clear some things which he said can’t be done on chat, i immediatly contacted support and got their reply today but the buyer had also sent me an screenshot in which it said contact is allowed in some cases and he insisted and shared his email in chat and the next day i got an warninig.

i received the following message from support also i have texted buyer to share details on fiverr again to avoid get suspended, can someone explain this exception part suggested by the support if contact is needed, thank you

The only exceptions made are achieved through the transparency of Gigs - e.g. you would have to ask the buyer for their contact information via Gig requirements. This does not include Gigs like the one you created.

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

the next day i got an warninig.

Have a look at this: Don’t do it! … You Have Been Warned!

Here is the updated “warnings” link for the above topic: Fiverr Help and Education Center

can someone explain this exception part suggested by the support if contact is needed

That’s typically for services that can’t be done without contact outside of Fiverr. For example, if you’re giving lessons via S.kype.

Archived