Buyer asking for email address

binlancer

Question

7 answers to this question

Tell your buyer, “It is against Fiverr’s TOS for you to share any contact information with buyers.”

Note: Do not say the words email or outside of Fiverr as if you do, the bot will think you are trying to give the buyer your info and you will get a message that pops up and says your message is under review by the trust and safety people.

• Like 4

Does his site require YOUR email? Or can it be:

freelancer at theirbusiness dot comma

that does the job.
Maybe he can even make you an email that is really his but lets him set you up with a working email (that you never use as it is not yours to check).

There are ways to do these things with no breaches anywhere with just a bit of thought.

🙂

• Like 2

My very first contact as a new freelance VO and it seemed suspicious. Buyer just joined... hmm, so I searched for "Fiverr asking for my email" and y'all just saved me being scammed. I spent more time logging in to leave this comment than I did telling them I want to stay compliant with the ToS. I'm sure it was a scam.

I replied:
It is against Fiverr’s Terms Of Service for me to share any contact information with buyers, but I'd love to work with you inside those ToS.

in the off-chance they're a newb like me. But they're not.

Thank you all.

• Like 1

Hello @binlancer

Wishing you are well..!

Email address is very crucial constrain when we are carrying our business in FIverr. As per the TOS of FIverr, sharing of Email address i.e. communicating with the buyer outside the Fiverr platform OR making any business outside Fiverr is NOT at all allowed. So it should be well inputed within you that sharing and working on that email address is not allowed.

On the other side it is also true that if the Email address is required as a part of Service then it is allowed and you can workout accordingly.

LIVE NOTE : Nowadays ratio of scammers had increased in FIverr when they tend you to contact outside Fiverr with the help of other platform such as Telegram, Instagram etc. AVOID these scammer for the well being of your journey in Fiverr. Always choose and work in the wise way in Fiverr so that your journey is well assured and safe.

All the best..!

Art_Tribe 🙂

• Like 1