Buyer bought gig and wants a lot more

sarahtaylor1230

I have a gig for “social media setup” which includes linking to other social media accounts, setting up profile images, business info and so on professionally. I normally don’t have an issue with this service because I sell it on a per social media account basis. Today, someone bought my gig and wanted me to set up a complete IG shop for them. This is not a service I offer in the initial gig.

How can I get the order cancelled without having it go against my perfect rating? Is there a way to take care of this?

Not a lot you can do about this other than cancel - or offer them what you actually do …

For the future, you could take a look at how Melissa has her buyer requirements set up and adjust them for your own gigs …

Hi Marsats- Someone else asked me for screenshots so I thought I would send these to you too. I hope this helps! Of course all of these requirements are here because I had an experience that moved me to fix the problem!!! [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.25 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.43 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.52 PM] There are why I have my 4 requirements: 1.Word or PDF file so I can get the word count. JPGs will not work!2.Asking about timed audio and giving them an ea…

25756243_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_25PM.thumb.png.4b2826fe813378bd8b7ce0659b0123a7.png

2018596811_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_43PM.thumb.png.a4e4cf74217c695aa803805e45327cdd.png

619787059_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_52PM.thumb.png.eb7d01babdfa76ff4d693a69071c3677.png

I have a gig for “social media setup” which includes linking to other social media accounts, setting up profile images, business info and so on professionally. I normally don’t have an issue with this service because I sell it on a per social media account basis. Today, someone bought my gig and wanted me to set up a complete IG shop for them. This is not a service I offer in the initial gig.

How can I get the order cancelled without having it go against my perfect rating? Is there a way to take care of this?

This is not a service I offer in the initial gig.

If this is the case, you can ask Customer Support to cancel for you, as this usually doesn’t impact your rating.

The only catch is that, at present, Customer Support are taking a long time to reply to messages. Not ideal, but perhaps worth a punt, if you have sufficient time remaining on the order?

We have all been there and sadly paying the price with a cancellation rate drop.
I have noticed however that if you put yourself firmly into the dynamic buyer sellers, buyers respect you more.
If they asked for ig account set up + store set up what you can do is

1. respond to them without a fear that they haven’t understood well the gig and what you can do for the money they have paid you.
  2. If you also do ig shop set up, tell them they need to pay an upsell to that services and send them an offer.
    If they only ask for shop setup and you don’t do shop setup, then cancellation is the only option…

Some buyers knowing that the dynamics is skewed in their favor (fear of bad review, fear od cancellation) have this habit of getting the basic gig and demand the premium because they know how this game is played.

We have all been there and sadly paying the price with a cancellation rate drop.

I have noticed however that if you put yourself firmly into the dynamic buyer sellers, buyers respect you more.

If they asked for ig account set up + store set up what you can do is

1. respond to them without a fear that they haven’t understood well the gig and what you can do for the money they have paid you.
  2. If you also do ig shop set up, tell them they need to pay an upsell to that services and send them an offer.

If they only ask for shop setup and you don’t do shop setup, then cancellation is the only option…

Some buyers knowing that the dynamics is skewed in their favor (fear of bad review, fear od cancellation) have this habit of getting the basic gig and demand the premium because they know how this game is played.

All good points. I was able to point out to the buyer what exactly they bought and thankfully they agreed to accept it at that. They really did not understand how their social media worked either so I offered them my coaching service as well.

Not a lot you can do about this other than cancel - or offer them what you actually do …

For the future, you could take a look at how Melissa has her buyer requirements set up and adjust them for your own gigs …

Hi Marsats- Someone else asked me for screenshots so I thought I would send these to you too. I hope this helps! Of course all of these requirements are here because I had an experience that moved me to fix the problem!!! [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.25 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.43 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.52 PM] There are why I have my 4 requirements: 1.Word or PDF file so I can get the word count. JPGs will not work!2.Asking about timed audio and giving them an ea…

Probably going to be looking at restructuring the gigs like you did. I mean when I put these things up over a year ago, they were doing well for me and still are so I just left them alone thinking if it’s not broke, don’t fix it…and then I began getting a few of these here and there who wanted more and more outside of what they purchased. It really seemed like they were gaming the system as it is set up to the buyers advantage more so than the seller.

Archived