Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer can not longer be contacted

Hello fiverr community!
I have a question please, I am new on fiverr and today I recceived a message from a buyer who told me that I am qualified to work with them and he provides me an email that I should contact via hangout to be interviewed, but after a few hours this came out: “ username can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.”
What does it supposed to mean? Is it normal that a buyer ask me to contact him outside fiverr?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello Khadija and sorry for that. That is quite normal. The buyer seriously breached Fiverr’s ToS (no sharing of contacts) and had his account pulled down immediately. It happens a lot. His account has been suspended by Fiverr for the violation. That has no effect on your account.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response😊. So I should not contact him via email?

Regarding whether or not to contact them via the email they sent, I would reserve my comment on that. However, you may be making yourself vulnerable to a lot out there. Including scammers.

1 Like

ok I understand, thank you very much @writerrogers for this interesting information

You are welcome khadija

1 Like

Definitely not!

Sharing off Fiverr contact is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

2 Likes

Ok @lloydsolutions thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

Buyer totally violated tos . don’t provide your contact information.and don’t contact out side of Fiverr

1 Like

Don’t reserve comment as you put it! Let’s be very clear so that we can help other buyers and sellers in future - contacting another Fiverr user outside of the platform breaches Fiverr policy, and anyone caught doing so will receive an account warning or potentially be suspended.

2 Likes

In addition to what you’ve been told about your account being suspended etc. , ask yourself why this buyer was so eager to have you communicate outside the platform. Scam Alert!

2 Likes