Buyer can order when my gigs are suspended?

This has happened several times to me. My gigs are suspended (not on vacation, not deleted, just suspended), and a buyer comes along and places a brand new order–doesn’t just finally start an “incomplete” one that was placed before I suspended my gigs, places a brand new order.

What could have happened was the potential customer may have had a conversation in the past … You can still see their old gigs in your files … I don’t think you can order though! … But, I have been very successful of INBOX The Sellers (They may have been long gone! :slight_smile: … And Request their old gigs and they would reactivate the gig and fullfil the Order just for little ole me! :slight_smile: … I am very greatful and thankful to them! :slight_smile:

Reply to @mrproofreading: That seems possible. They would have had to open that tab two days before they actually placed the order, though.

Reply to @emasonwrites: I know that when you suspend your gig, it is immediately removed from search and the ‘buy’ button is greyed out.

It could be a buyer that clicked one of your gigs, became preoccupied with other tasks, and then came back to the ‘fiverr tab’ to purchase from you (without refreshing).

How in the world is this possible? This must mean the suspended gigs are unfortunately appearing either in search results or on your profile, which I thought was the whole purpose of suspending a gig.

Reply to @vainpaper: That’s why I’m hoping it’s a bug. As soon as I saw it, I went and checked to make sure everything was still suspended, that nothing had somehow unsuspended itself or that I had somehow left just one gig active. I’m guessing that the buyer maybe had my gig favorited and for some reason it let him purchase, even though I’ve had other buyers who have reported that my gigs are, in fact, unavailable. The first time this happened was over a year ago, I think. It’s not really that big of a deal, but it is really weird.

Here is an answer they use IE : http://www.hugogameiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/BMQZKbhCUAA1jfr-279x300.png

JK, :smiley: its bug …

Hugo Gameiro

http://www.hugogameiro.com

I’ve also had this before. A common bug as far as I’m aware.

2 ideas :

First, the gig has been suspended but it’s accessible it via “favorites” (not likely)

Second, and it happened to me as a buyer, with the Androit app. I went to some people’s gigs and I could order it. Went back on my computer, it was “paused”. So I think it’s a cell phone app problem.

Reply to @emasonwrites: Ahh, maybe not then! I was thinking more along the lines of a few hours, not days. :smiley:

Reply to @mrproofreading: Well, sometimes my parents leave internet tabs open for days–so I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility, haha!

I’ve had custom quotes started weeks after I sent them. One almost hit during a vacation.

I have seen my paused gigs advertised in fiverr emails.

Has anyone contacted Customer Support about this?

Reply to @itsyourthing: The last time this happened to me, I sent through a request and the rep said something akin to “These things happen,” which is alright, I guess? I mean, if the order itself was really a problem, I could cancel it.

Reply to @emasonwrites: Like so many other things here, it just wouldn’t be that much effort to fix it. I know they want orders, orders, orders, but there is legitimate value in having the processes work efficiently too.

I do wonder how many man hours ($$$) are lost to cancellations, CS stupid dances and plain old broken ‘equipment’.