Buyer cancelled $10 order

williammarkley

For my second order ever, the buyer bought 2 gigs, and once I delivered it, he cancelled the order. I have a 14 day completion period, but told him it would have it to him earlier than that. I was a day late for the earlier time I promised him, but still on time for the 14 day time limit. Does he still receive the product? Should I have still gotten my payment?

Is that the cover for The Great Gatsby?

Perhapse the student needed the report and being late the one day made him/her not want it. It shouldn’t be an automatic loss. However, generally speaking fiverr will not “require” a buyer be happy.

You can deny the cancellation. But you risk getting bad feedback.

I see and honor how much work you do, so I do not want to be flip and say…let the bad buyer go.

Try to work it out with him/her in message, I would say.

You learned a lesson and I have learned this too in the past. Never promise the buyer that you will deliver faster than what you put on the gig. You said 14 days for a reason. Right? So don’t tell the buyer that you can deliver it sooner. Just say you will try to deliver it as soon as possible. If the buyer orders your gig, then the buyer has to be bound by YOUR delivery time and not the other way around.

However, if you deliver it sooner, great and definitely make a big deal about it to the buyer so you get a good review.

Bruce

Archived