Buyer cancelled the order, says that he accidentally placed it

kanishkabhandar

Hi, I am a new seller, I have successfully completed 3 orders and it took a lot of my effort and time. I was approached by a buyer who discussed with me her requirements for her order in personal chat, and then when we mutually agreed, she placed her order. After a few hours she came asking me, “can I still cancel the order?”
I was almost done with her order, I asked her, is there something wrong? She said she accidentally placed it and wanted to aproach some other seller. I didn’t know about this situation very well, she requested order cancellation with the reason that she accidentally placed it. I agreed to the cancellation. I would like some guidance here, was there any other way to handle the situation? I know some will say I should have declined the request but, by the end she wouldn’t have accepted it anyway. My order completion rate has dropped to 75%, it’s demoralising tbh

I think you did the right thing (my opinion).

It sounds like the Buyer may have found a Seller offering a better deal or something and rather than being honest with you, told you they ordered from you by mistake.

It will sting for a little while but once you complete more orders, this one will be forgotten and your completion rate will improve.

Contact Fiverr Support and describe everything with proof … They will handle it 100%.

I will try contacting them to see what there revert will be regarding this. But I don’t have much hope in this situation. When the buyer herself gave the reason to Fiverr that it was an accident and regardless of this my rating dropped, what’s the point ?

I know it’s very unfair. Our rating should not get hurt because for a reason like this. Maybe fiverr support will help. Not sure though. You can ask them. And please do update here what they say, so others with a similar situation knows how things are being done.

She placed that order as accidentally as I threw up all these virtual letters and they accidentally formed these sentences.

Still, I doubt that CS will support you now it is Cancelled. You can but try as if she went to another seller before you even Delivered, that breaks their TOS as clearly she was playing games. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Move on and focus you Gigs on real buyers and give these pond slime (oh look at that accidental letter arrangement) a swerve whenever you see their Red Flags in future.

🙂

I think you did the right thing (my opinion).

It sounds like the Buyer may have found a Seller offering a better deal or something and rather than being honest with you, told you they ordered from you by mistake.

It will sting for a little while but once you complete more orders, this one will be forgotten and your completion rate will improve.

Thanks, for telling me that. I also think that order cancellation couldn’t have been avoided. I wanted to report the buyer but, I think that’s pretty pointless too, she did apologize several times. What I think is that, the buyer changed her mind and didn’t feel like she needs the project anymore. Since, this was the cheapest gig available i.e $5.

She placed that order as accidentally as I threw up all these virtual letters and they accidentally formed these sentences.

Still, I doubt that CS will support you now it is Cancelled. You can but try as if she went to another seller before you even Delivered, that breaks their TOS as clearly she was playing games. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Move on and focus you Gigs on real buyers and give these pond slime (oh look at that accidental letter arrangement) a swerve whenever you see their Red Flags in future.

🙂

Yes, even I also don’t expect much from CS. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It’s a bit annoying to see the rating to drop but, Now I can only move forward.😉

I will try contacting them to see what there revert will be regarding this. But I don’t have much hope in this situation. When the buyer herself gave the reason to Fiverr that it was an accident and regardless of this my rating dropped, what’s the point ?

my rating dropped, what’s the point ?

Point is to find out if they are able to raise rating or not… You should tell them not to count this order as because it’s not your fault…

To me support has said that they can’t control if a cancellation affects completion ratio, as the system does it automatically. But I believe if the order is cancelled before it’s completed (Like a mistake purchase), it does not affect your completion ratio. Might also have to select the cancellation reason as “Ordered by mistake”. But don’t quote me on that, I might be wrong.

To me support has said that they can’t control if a cancellation affects completion ratio, as the system does it automatically. But I believe if the order is cancelled before it’s completed (Like a mistake purchase), it does not affect your completion ratio. Might also have to select the cancellation reason as “Ordered by mistake”. But don’t quote me on that, I might be wrong.

Nope. If you initiate the cancellation or agree to one - even IF the excuse checked is “ordered by mistake” it affects your analytics.

GG

Hey guys, this is an update. I checked my Fiverr dashboard again today, and I saw that order completion rate is back to 100% on it’s own. Order completion rate was in red and it was 75% initially when the buyer cancelled her order. Now it’s back to normal. I wonder what happened. Maybe, if the buyer cancells the order is resolution and gives their reason like “accidentally ordered it” the rating doesn’t drop? I don’t know the exact way how Fiverr works but It’s a good thing it turned back to 100% now. I hope this experience helps you guys in case you face an annoying situation like this.

Ask your buyer to mutually cancel the order with the reason that “it was bought by accident”, maybe then the rating doesn’t decrease or initially it shows it decreased and maybe turns back to the way it was. I hope this helps guys.😅 And thank you all for discussing this. I am really glad.

I think you are right. I posted a new reply explaining what happened. Thank you.

Hey guys, this is an update. I checked my Fiverr dashboard again today, and I saw that order completion rate is back to 100% on it’s own. Order completion rate was in red and it was 75% initially when the buyer cancelled her order. Now it’s back to normal. I wonder what happened. Maybe, if the buyer cancells the order is resolution and gives their reason like “accidentally ordered it” the rating doesn’t drop? I don’t know the exact way how Fiverr works but It’s a good thing it turned back to 100% now. I hope this experience helps you guys in case you face an annoying situation like this.

Ask your buyer to mutually cancel the order with the reason that “it was bought by accident”, maybe then the rating doesn’t decrease or initially it shows it decreased and maybe turns back to the way it was. I hope this helps guys.😅 And thank you all for discussing this. I am really glad.

Someone watching over you… And I believe they will be Fiverr stuff and Developers who controls Fiverr algorithm… Maybe they fixed it… Who knows…! Have you contacted The Fiverr Support about this issue…?

Someone watching over you… And I believe they will be Fiverr stuff and Developers who controls Fiverr algorithm… Maybe they fixed it… Who knows…! Have you contacted The Fiverr Support about this issue…?

Before I could contact CS the issue was solved. So yeah, I didn’t contact CS for this. Maybe, what you are saying is right, but even I don’t know what happened here.

Archived