Buyer cancels order after completing it, 5 star rated and tipped

absynthemoon

Hello, anyone, just had this curious message in my email inbox room fiver saying that the one buyer just cancelled his order I delivered on time on January 5. The order was completed, the buyer was very happy, he also rated me with 5 stars, he even tipped me and left a nice review. Now, after two weeks I get this and fiver announced me that they returned the payment I rightfully received, to the buyer.
I cannot contact the buyer anymore, no other explanation from fiver staff. How can I be rewarded for the time, the resources and the effort I put into that job? Do you guys had similar experiences? Will I get my money back?

I contacted customer care sending screen caps and all, but somehow I have the feeling is in vain and to be honest I paused my gig and kind of decided to leave fiverr…

Thanks

It is probably a Paypal chargeback placed by the buyer to Paypal. You might be able to get your money back by sending a screenshot to customer support showing the five star review.

Paypal now does not allow chargebacks for services and that is what most sellers offer, a service. He would have had to say the order was late or something like that, which would be a lie if he left 5 stars.

Yes, they unfortunately don’t notify you of Paypal chargebacks when these things happy, but that’s basically the only way a “refunded to buyer” event occurs when it’s been closed and rated that long ago.

Just contact CS and inquire, and usually they’ll respond with info about a chargeback, and that they’re doing all they can to pursue it.

Fingers crossed, but it usually gets worked out if you’re polite and persistent about it!

I’ve been in the exact same situation about 2 years ago. Sadly to say CS did not help in any way. The buyer possibly confused your transaction with another and called the bank to cancel it. The bank the took the money from Fiverr which in turn took it from you. I would say that it is extremely unlikely for Fiverr to give you that amount out of their pockets.

I had two paypal charge backs last year from the same person two weeks after the order was completed and they left two 5 star reviews. One was for $25 and the other was only $5 but it put a ding in my completion rate. All though i did have to bite the completion rate aspect, Fivver did give me $25 but only as a credit to use on the site.

Hello, everyone and thank all for your replies. I will update you, hopefully, tomorrow as soon as the final resolution will be set up between myself and the CS. I didn’t posted until now because I wanted to share with you one final and complete update. Cheers all.

Hello,

I appreciate your update.

Keep up the good fight, and don’t give in your a good person and your talent and skills will shine through!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello back. Just wanted to let you guys know that everything was solved. I got back my payment (not the tip though) and my completion rate intact. I had to prove I completed the work and also provided the messages, but that’s normal. Cheers.

I’m glad you got your money back! It’s a fantastic development that we can now do this.

Hello back. Just wanted to let you guys know that everything was solved. I got back my payment (not the tip though) and my completion rate intact. I had to prove I completed the work and also provided the messages, but that’s normal. Cheers.

Hi @absynthemoon congratulations,

it is another positive news of the day!

It sounds 100% of the total but may we know the amount range you’ve got back (if you are comfortable to inform only)?

Example: 5-50 or 55-250 or 255+

Actually I’m curious to have the idea about how much Fiverr compensate for it’s seller in special cases.

So glad it was resolved for you.

If it’s any consolation, the buyer (whomever they were) are probably going to get banned from Fiverr for a violation of ToS.

It’s in there very explicitly that you cannot do “chargebacks” via your credit card or other payment method.

So, at least you won’t run into this buyer again.

~Laura

• 1 year later...

Im dealing with exactly the same, I just contact CS with all screenshots, my clarifications and I’m waiting for my refund, because they took all my money, and the customer took my work for free!

Archived