Buyer dispute a $250 custom offer after delivery! [ANSWERED]

sumit01

Hi, I was using Fiverr for 2 years and started selling 3 months ago. Everything was going well. A few days ago one “Fiverr Top Buyer” offered me a job of a huge amount of work. So for a bulk amount of service I send him a custom offer and the price was half of my regular price. The buyer was accepted it and the order was for 7 days. After hard working for 3 days, I was able to finish the work and deliver buyer all the files.

After 6 hours of delivery, I got a mail for fiverr that says,

"Hi ‘my username’, We have been informed that a dispute was opened for your order XXXXXXXXXXX: A Custom Order. As a result, we are forced to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work. Please note that in some cases disputes are nothing more than temporary holds that are put on funds to make sure that they were authorized by the buyer. The dispute does not indicate that the buyer initiated it. If the dispute gets resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your gig. Thanks, The Fiverr Team"

So I checked the order and there was written "THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE."

I clicked on buyer profile, but it redirected to fiverr homepage and there was a message at the top of the page says, "The user account you are looking for is no longer available."

Then I contact with CS immediately. It has been 36 hours, but I didn’t get any reply from CS"

Can anyone please tell me now, what can I do to get paid for my service. I did really hard work to finish my job and this is not a $5 job. It’s a $250 job and it’s really important to seller like us.

Thanks in advance

Sumit

Sheriff’s Note: Topic has been regularly discussed so this thread is now closed. You may also want to read in Fiverr FAQ: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/70708/unusual-email-from-fiverr-team-resolved/

It is an unfortunate situation and more unfortunate because fiverr admin won’t do much for you to get paid. The order was already cancelled. Take your loses and go forward. Be careful of buyers offering you a large amount for something that you are offering for a lot less. Another scammer out there asks if you can do the job within a few hours for a larger amount. Then turns around and force cancels the order, you lose the funds. Avoid these people no matter the amount offered. Remember, if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is. Take care.

Reply to @turnkeyz: This is unlikely. Fiverr cannot do anything if the buyer disputed the payment since the dispute was handled outside Fiverr. Fiverr doesn’t get paid and neither does the seller. It’s unfortunate but it’s pretty much over. The buyer account no longer exists on Fiverr which is all Fiverr could do so no point in giving false hope.

Unfortunately its not Fiverr’s fault. There are scammers who sign up, and pay using stolen PayPal accounts. Fiverr has to quickly ban these members, and refund the PayPal account. You need to just forget about it, and move forward. Good luck!

Archived