Fiverr Forum

Buyer doing fraud

Hello Everyone,

Last day I posted that my buyer want to cancel and he said that he has not enough requirements to send me I did lot of message to him but did not respond at last I cam here and post and one person guide me that I convince the buyer to increase time I just open a dispute and he accepted the dispute and write cancel ( i don’t know why he wrote that )

then again he send some images and music to make slide show I made it ans send as a message (no through order) cuz I am afraid that buyer will give me bad ratting

He liked the video but again demanding cancellation the order and also saying
that can you make cd cover and can you do animation on my video

Tell what I will do now need your help
Best
themaster_mind

But asking a buyer to increase or extend the time to complete the gig is not the same as opening a dispute. I’m new and have not had this issue, but opening a dispute is a different thing. I have read about both of those things here in the forum. I think you do not understand the difference between asking for an extension and opening a dispute.

And even at the risk of a bad rating, you should not have sent him work through messaging. I would not have. You should have sent it through the gig order for the record and to cover yourself.

When an order is cancelled you don’t get paid. You’ve had 2 cancellations with this buyer and you still send him work. I’m showing you some things, but I don’t know what to tell you to do.

Maybe some members who have been here at Fiverr longer will make suggestions. Good luck to you.

I think you do not understand the difference between asking for an extension and opening a dispute.

As far as I know, if you want the delivery time for an order extended you have to click on the “Dispute” button on the order page and select something like “Need to extend delivery time” or “request delivery extension”.

Bro I have completed his work and sent him He liked the worked but again is saying cancel the order
and saying can you make cd cover etc

Bro problem is not extending time I have completed his work which he liked but again saying cancel the order

Sounds like the buyer likes your work but doesn’t want to pay for it.

Probably your best bet is to not accept any more orders from that buyer …

Bro he orderd me directly without asking or any inbox chat

But you should have delivered it in the “deliver work” option. He can’t accept the delivery if the work is just sent in a message. If you ever want to show a video in a message at least put a visible watermark in it so it can’t be used.

You can either deliver the work using the “deliver work” option (though if he’s still saying “cancel” you may get a bad review if you do) or just cancel it if that’s what he wants. If you’ve done the work that he asked you should really be paid for it.

He liked the video but again demanding cancellation the order and also saying
that can you make cd cover and can you do animation on my video

Like has been said he may just be wanting free work if he liked it but wants to cancel. Also if you delivered the work and it was in exactly the same form as in the preview video there shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s up to you what to do. If you deliver the work using the “deliver” option and he wants to cancel you may get a bad review. Or you can cancel like he is asking. Remember never to deliver just in a message, especially without a watermark (but you could add video in a message with visible watermark), if that’s what you did. If you cancel it may not be a good idea to do the other things he is asking if you did the work exactly as described in the gig and shown in the gig preview video (though you may not have gigs for what he’s asking anyway).

You could tell him that you did the work exactly as described and shown in the gig.

Also the terms of service says:

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.

If he’s asking to cancel you could ask him why he wants to cancel if he liked the video. With only a few reviews though, if he still wants to cancel if may be better to cancel than risk a bad review when you only have very few.

You could also contact CS about it if you think he’s acting fraudulently (though they may say you should have delivered with the “deliver” option).

Yes I contacted to CS and they have cancel the order

Ok, thank you. I apologize for what I said about that. I’ve never had to do that so far, so I didn’t know. Wouldn’t think they’d have it under a dispute button. Glad I learned that. I’d probably be looking everywhere for how to request an extension.

You are very welcome