Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer gavee me 1.4 after I spent 12hrs fixing his problems

I formatted an epub and pdf for a client and after about 10 revisions, the result was what he wanted yet he gave me negative review LIKE the worst kind. Because he say we couldn’t understand each other after I kindly explain to him that things don’t look the same in word documents as in epubs and that things don’t look centered when using mirrored margins on the pdf.

should I delete the gig and start over? would that remove the rating? (i’ve only sold 4 in it) because i don’t think i’ll even recover from that 1.4 he gave me.

3 Likes

You can delete the gig but that won’t remove the review, the only thing that can remove the review is you closing your account. Tell you the truth, if you gave 10 reversion that meant that you couldn’t understand each other. Recovering from a negative rating is easy, all you have to do is market you gig.

1 Like

You have an overall review rate of 4.9, with the gig itself being a 3.7, you’ll be fine. Do some Buyers Requests for that gig and get that rating back up.

2 Likes

What did you write in your comment of his review?

I haven’t decided what to write

well you give me hope

Write what happened. If you decide to keep the gig, potential future buyers will read the reviews and your responses. If your response is professional and logical, it could lead to many more sales . . .

3 Likes

you’re right. I will sleep on it and write it tomorrow cause tonight im upset

2 Likes

Great idea–shows you are smart and don’t need to worry about one bad review from a silly buyer. :heart:

2 Likes

If this is a new service, I would strongly advise you to just not offer it. Buyers in this niche will drive you insane. I used to offer the exact same service and it’s simply not worth it.

Your buyers will have junk books which they believe are going to make them millions and be so sensational they will make Opera pass out. That will only happen, though, if you take their schizophrenic word document and transform it into exactly the masterpiece they have in mind.

Run for your life. There is nothing here for you but an early grave with several maniacs who are all convinced they are James Joyce standing over you tutting.

2 Likes

Make sure you state your side of the story in the review.

1 Like

If you tell in your review of the buyer that you spent 12 hours making his $5 purchase as perfect as it can be for the price and he was still unhappy, then other buyers will see how silly that buyer is and will just ignore their review. So don’t stress about it too much! The rating will go up in time. I’ve seen many new sellers suddenly get even 50% total rating, and in some time up to 99%.

Sounds like an accurate description of my buyer

1 Like