Buyer involving third party client help!

dareios_art

Hello fiverr so yesterday I recieved an order from a buyer and he told me to draw cutie characters after some photo references . He requested around 10 REVISIONS and after hours and hours of work he was SATISFIED with the FINAL DELIVERY but he sent me a message :

Buyer :I will send them to my client to review, get back to you ASAP.

This means he involved a third party client in our business on fiverr and he asked me to wait for his client decision so he is kind of a middle man ( HE DID THIS AFTER 10 REVISIONS ! )

I politely explained to him that I am in NO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP with any third parts and that our order is a deal strictly between me and him and I politely asked him to accept the final delivery ! Also I told him its not my concern what he does with my work after the order is concluded .

When e saw this message he instantly opened a DISPUTE saying : Quality is not acceptable !

I DECLINED IT and contacted custommer support becasue I feel here are 2 VIOLATIONS of TOS

FIRST VIOLATION : From Fiverr’s Terms of Service: “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.”
So long story short even if the quality was not on point after spending 2 days working hard for him the order is not eligible for a canceletion . But the thing is that its NOT THE CASE ! The quality of my work and the things that he requeted its IDENTICAL I mean he asked for cartoony style characters. And ive completed 20 + way more complicated orders here doing literally ARTWORKS !

SECOND VIOLATION : Involving some random so called client that ive never meet or talked to about the project ! I think this is also a violation of the TOS

Can anyone help me with this what do you think ? I never faced such an issue
Thank you for your time

Hello fiverr so yesterday I recieved an order from a buyer and he told me to draw cutie characters after some photo references . He requested around 10 REVISIONS and after hours and hours of work he was SATISFIED with the FINAL DELIVERY but he sent me a message :

This means he involved a third party client in our business on fiverr and he asked me to wait for his client decision so he is kind of a middle man ( HE DID THIS AFTER 10 REVISIONS ! )

I politely explained to him that I am in NO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP with any third parts and that our order is a deal strictly between me and him and I politely asked him to accept the final delivery ! Also I told him its not my concern what he does with my work after the order is concluded .

When e saw this message he instantly opened a DISPUTE saying : Quality is not acceptable !

I DECLINED IT and contacted custommer support becasue I feel here are 2 VIOLATIONS of TOS

FIRST VIOLATION : From Fiverr’s Terms of Service: “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

So long story short even if the quality was not on point after spending 2 days working hard for him the order is not eligible for a canceletion . But the thing is that its NOT THE CASE ! The quality of my work and the things that he requeted its IDENTICAL I mean he asked for cartoony style characters. And ive completed 20 + way more complicated orders here doing literally ARTWORKS !

SECOND VIOLATION : Involving some random so called client that ive never meet or talked to about the project ! I think this is also a violation of the TOS

Thank you for your time

This means he involved a third party client in our business on fiverr and he asked me to wait for his client decision so he is kind of a middle man

That’s pretty common on Fiverr.

Perhaps not the most tactful thing to say.

No, it isn’t. The violation would be if they forced the order to remain open (by requesting a revision without giving you instructions), but they didn’t do that.

For future reference, when they say that they will send the work to their client, just respond with something polite.

Thank you for your time

This isn’t a violation of the TOS, and this is something that happens to us all the time. For example, a lot of our clients are advertising agencies, who are creating a video project for an end-client. As part of that video, they need a voice over, and they order that from us. They will often create the video, send it to the client, then come back to us with feedback. That’s allowed. In fact, if we rejected work from ‘middle-men’, I reckon more than 50% of our work would disappear. What we do, is charge our client for the requested changes/amends once they have the feedback.

What is not allowed however, is for a client to put your order into revision while they wait for their client to come back with feedback. The rules are simple - once you submit an order, your client has 3 days to choose whether or not to request a revision. And, at the point where they put the order into revision, they must actually request a revision - they can’t simply say “Oh, I’m going to hit the revision button to pause the order while I chase feedback from my client.” (This has happened to us a couple of times)

All you can do, really, is remind the client of this if and when this happens - that the revision button is only to be used when a revision is required. And, as you correctly stated, an order can’t be cancelled based on the quality of the work.

Good luck!

For cases like that I have comercial rights separate on my gig.
I do not with resells simply because of communication issues and it being basically a broken phone.
But someone places an order and it comes up somewhere in the process that they are not the end client I am sending them my gig extra for commercial rights.
I do not allow to resell my work unless they buy comercial rights from me.

Unfortunately you can’t do much in situations like this.
Cancellation is indeed wouldn’t be eligible in this case however there is always a possibility of CS cancelling an order anyway.

I also wouldn’t ask the reseller to complete the order right away because it is a passive aggressive attitude and you never know how they can react.

How many revisions do you have included in your gig?

@cubittaudio @catwriter And after 10 revisions and after waiting for his client feedback if the buyer simply saying : He doesnt likes it Is the order eligible for CANCELETION ? I mean ive worked 2 days for nothing ? As long as the Quality of the delivery is on point and all of his requirements were respected ! Is this a valid reason for opening a dispute and cancel the order ?
ALSO THIS SPECIFIC BUYER I checked his profile and he has been here since 2018 with a 1 hrs respons time wich means he is constantly active for 2 years on fiverr but he has NO BUYER REVIEWS wich makes me think he was constantly making people work for nothing and canceling their orders !

Most of the Times Buyers get more priority then seller so there is chance of your order getting cancelled and you end up getting nothing . Also when order is cancelled your customer looses the right of that delivery but still he would use it without your notice as you cant keep on searching where he used that cartoon you would never know. Next time be really careful what your customer did is wrong he can involve third party client but he cant make you wait on third party clients decision he should approve or ask revision on how he explained you to do initially.

@cubittaudio @catwriter And after 10 revisions and after waiting for his client feedback if the buyer simply saying : He doesnt likes it Is the order eligible for CANCELETION ? I mean ive worked 2 days for nothing ? As long as the Quality of the delivery is on point and all of his requirements were respected ! Is this a valid reason for opening a dispute and cancel the order ?

ALSO THIS SPECIFIC BUYER I checked his profile and he has been here since 2018 with a 1 hrs respons time wich means he is constantly active for 2 years on fiverr but he has NO BUYER REVIEWS wich makes me think he was constantly making people work for nothing and canceling their orders !

And after 10 revisions and after waiting for his client feedback if the buyer simply saying : He doesnt likes it Is the order eligible for CANCELETION ? I mean ive worked 2 days for nothing ? As long as the Quality of the delivery is on point and all of his requirements were respected ! Is this a valid reason for opening a dispute and cancel the order ?

I answered that for you in my original answer…

And, as you correctly stated, an order can’t be cancelled based on the quality of the work.

For cases like that I have comercial rights separate on my gig.

I do not with resells simply because of communication issues and it being basically a broken phone.

But someone places an order and it comes up somewhere in the process that they are not the end client I am sending them my gig extra for commercial rights.

I do not allow to resell my work unless they buy comercial rights from me.

Unfortunately you can’t do much in situations like this.

Cancellation is indeed wouldn’t be eligible in this case however there is always a possibility of CS cancelling an order anyway.

I also wouldn’t ask the reseller to complete the order right away because it is a passive aggressive attitude and you never know how they can react.

How many revisions do you have included in your gig?

normaly my gig is set to 0 revisions and the revisions are an aditional 10$ in my gig but since this order was a big custom order I did 10 revisions for free

And after 10 revisions and after waiting for his client feedback if the buyer simply saying : He doesnt likes it Is the order eligible for CANCELETION ? I mean ive worked 2 days for nothing ? As long as the Quality of the delivery is on point and all of his requirements were respected ! Is this a valid reason for opening a dispute and cancel the order ?

I answered that for you in my original answer…

And, as you correctly stated, an order can’t be cancelled based on the quality of the work.

thank you for your help

We all know by your explanation its not your fault but CS might not check and read everything between you booth and approve cancellation.They are very busy during this period so chances of cancellation and refund is more

We all know by your explanation its not your fault but CS might not check and read everything between you booth and approve cancellation.They are very busy during this period so chances of cancellation and refund is more

Ive read myself some stories on the forum that buyers can do whatever they want but I refuse to belive that customer support will not treat fair this situation . I mean in the end without us the sellers and our skills and talent they wouldnt make any money We sould get more priority not the buyers ! But I am at least expecting to be equal

And after 10 revisions and after waiting for his client feedback if the buyer simply saying : He doesnt likes it Is the order eligible for CANCELETION ?

No, it isn’t, as long as you’ve delivered as requested and followed your buyer’s instructions.

he has NO BUYER REVIEWS wich makes me think he was constantly making people work for nothing and canceling their orders !

Not necessarily. It could be that he simply never leaves a review.

Why i’m saying its eligible for cancellation is because i have been keep reading posts by various content writers that even after so much hard work of writing buyer says content they did not like and gets fully refunded and nobody knows whether buyer used those contents or not

There is a chance he made others work for nothing. We can’t know that because of privacy.But Fiverr should take some steps in preventing such thing wont happen in future. When it is not your fault you shall not be punished but this is what is happening with most creative writers nowadays

There is more chances of cancellation as Buyer will not always say complete truth to the Resolution they will tell from their point of view and also will say your files r very poor and stuff so it might be cancelled even if wt he said is not true

I opened a ticket to the customer support explaining exactly what I expalined here + added screenshots and all So I assume that before making a decision they will have to check both of us + the order itself from the beggining to an end + the chats etc .

Why i’m saying its eligible for cancellation is because i have been keep reading posts by various content writers that even after so much hard work of writing buyer says content they did not like and gets fully refunded and nobody knows whether buyer used those contents or not

nobody knows whether buyer used those contents or not

If it’s an article or a blog post, it’s not that difficult to find, and then to file a DMCA takedown notice. Or to send screenshots to CS and prove that the buyer is using the materials they have no rights to use.

I opened a ticket to the customer support explaining exactly what I expalined here + added screenshots and all So I assume that before making a decision they will have to check both of us + the order itself from the beggining to an end + the chats etc .

We wish you luck Buddy 🙂 All the Best Hope Cs will take right decision this time

nobody knows whether buyer used those contents or not

If it’s an article or a blog post, it’s not that difficult to find, and then to file a DMCA takedown notice. Or to send screenshots to CS and prove that the buyer is using the materials they have no rights to use.

It is easy to take it down but this seller cannot keep searching right where its used he might never know

Archived