Buyer is asking for refund

hamzajaani

Hello, I have done my work, but the buyer is not satisfied. Now he is asking we that I have two option.

1. Do that work again.
  2. Give me a refund

The buyer is asking that he will mark my order as complete and leave good feedback. But he wants a refund and I said okay.

I just want to know that will this thing affect my profile ranking? As I’m going on Level One this month.

Hello, I have done my work, but the buyer is not satisfied. Now he is asking we that I have two option.

1. Do that work again.
  2. Give me a refund

The buyer is asking that he will mark my order as complete and leave good feedback. But he wants a refund and I said okay.

I just want to know that will this thing affect my profile ranking? As I’m going on Level One this month.

Exchanging a refund for a positive feedback would be a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service. You could get permanently banned for that.

Plus, if he marks the order as complete and gives you feedback, how are you going to refund them?

Exchanging a refund for a positive feedback would be a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service. You could get permanently banned for that.

Plus, if he marks the order as complete and gives you feedback, how are you going to refund them?

I don’t know about these things, I just want to save my profile and it’s ranking.

I canceled a $115 order today. Mutual cancellation initiated by a buyer (the worst kind, I assume). I was hoping CS would cancel it for me sooner but it’s Sunday, everyone has places to be, apparently.

I couldn’t figure out if the buyer and I just communicated in such different ways that we couldn’t understand each other at all or if there was a malicious plan to get some work for free. But the buyer said “lol” often which I consider a dead giveaway for the latter.

In any case, my grandpa died last night, I had 2 glasses of wine and decided that I couldn’t be bothered with it anymore.

If you cancel, the situation will be over, you’ll lose money and time. If you choose to redo the work (for free or for extra $) it’ll keep going and there is no guarantee that the buyer will be satisfied with your delivery number 2, 3, 4… So you’re potentially looking at losing a lot more money and time.

It’s not a good situation to be in but you have to choose the lesser evil here.

I canceled a $115 order today. Mutual cancellation initiated by a buyer (the worst kind, I assume). I was hoping CS would cancel it for me sooner but it’s Sunday, everyone has places to be, apparently.

I couldn’t figure out if the buyer and I just communicated in such different ways that we couldn’t understand each other at all or if there was a malicious plan to get some work for free. But the buyer said “lol” often which I consider a dead giveaway for the latter.

In any case, my grandpa died last night, I had 2 glasses of wine and decided that I couldn’t be bothered with it anymore.

If you cancel, the situation will be over, you’ll lose money and time. If you choose to redo the work (for free or for extra $) it’ll keep going and there is no guarantee that the buyer will be satisfied with your delivery number 2, 3, 4… So you’re potentially looking at losing a lot more money and time.

In any case, my grandpa died last night,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you.

Sorry. I probably shouldn’t have blurted it out but it felt like a contributing factor to me being in a less of a fighting mood than usual.

Another solution would be to redeliver the same files (if you’re sure in their quality) and remind the buyer that “I don’t like it” is not a good enough reason for refund (according to fiverr ToS). But that’s risking a negative review and will probably take a lot of back and forth with a buyer.

Sorry. I probably shouldn’t have blurted it out but it felt like a contributing factor to me being in a less of a fighting mood than usual.

Another solution would be to redeliver the same files (if you’re sure in their quality) and remind the buyer that “I don’t like it” is not a good enough reason for refund (according to fiverr ToS). But that’s risking a negative review and will probably take a lot of back and forth with a buyer.

Sorry. I probably shouldn’t have blurted it

Everyone is supportive on the forum. No need to be sorry. It is good to share.

As said above you cannot canel and get a review. If you dont have a lot of orders coming in, or a lot of orders completed, the best is to do the job again. Did you have revisions enabled or offered as an extra? Use that. If you cancel, your order completion rate might fall bellow 90% and you can get downgraded if you are level 1 or above. It happened to me two months ago, same as you, just after getting Level 1, and I’m still struggling to get the next order. But again, if you want to cancel, calculate first what will be your order completion rate (= completed orders/total orders DURING THE LAST 60 days). If it is above 90%, you can cancel. Note that if you cancel, it still counts as a degradation. try to avoid it if you can.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa 😦 sending lots of love xx

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. It sounds like you did not need or want anymore on your plate last night. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear of your grandpa…sending lots of love 😦 Take care

Sorry for your loss.

But if ever a cancelled order feels unfair towards you and is for more than $5, it’s possible to get a compensation from support sometimes. If not for the full amount, then at least half or so. So it’s nice if you did all the work you promised, but the buyer disagrees and you don’t want to fight.

Thank you everyone for helping me, but the buyer is a ****** He cancelled the order and I got a warning from Fiverr.

He cancelled the order and I got a warning from Fiverr.

A warning? What for? Because you have agreed to give them refund after they leave a positive feedback? And how did the buyer cancel?

@lenasemenkova, so sorry for your loss!

He cancelled the order and I got a warning from Fiverr.

A warning? What for? Because you have agreed to give them refund after they leave a positive feedback? And how did the buyer cancel?

@lenasemenkova, so sorry for your loss!

A warning? What for?

Because there is always something else to the story apart from “I did my job perfectly but buyer want to cancel”. I don’t believe this “I have done everything perfectly” posts anymore.

A warning? What for?

Because there is always something else to the story apart from “I did my job perfectly but buyer want to cancel”. I don’t believe this “I have done everything perfectly” posts anymore.

Because there is always something else to the story

There is. A ToS violation.

I’m just curious whether that’s the reason the OP got a warning, or something else.

Because there is always something else to the story

There is. A ToS violation.

I’m just curious whether that’s the reason the OP got a warning, or something else.

I think the warning is due to “feedback”.

The seller would have done better to send the correspondence to Fiverr showing the buyer was trying to blackmail him into a good rating (which I don’t think you can leave if you cancel). There were much better ways to go about this for sure.

GG

• 2 months later...

Archived