Buyer is asking me to screen record the whole work i do for him

prafulkharade

That’s weird !
I usually work on zoom with some of my clients and use some app that captures screenshots and keep sharing him what I am doing…but video ? That’s weird…
I would suggest you to charge extra if you are alright from your side to record video and share him…
did you ever asked him why he want to see your screen recording even after job is done ?

That’s weird !

I usually work on zoom with some of my clients and use some app that captures screenshots and keep sharing him what I am doing…but video ? That’s weird…

I would suggest you to charge extra if you are alright from your side to record video and share him…

did you ever asked him why he want to see your screen recording even after job is done ?

I think he wants to do it himself from next time copying the same work flow as i do instead of Hiring someone.

Perhaps he wants to learn how to do it himself, and if that’s the case, he might not realize how much work and experience and skill video editing takes (or that he can’t learn how to do it by watching one video). Perhaps, after watching the video, he’ll realize that it’s time confusing and not easy at all, and that he’d prefer to hire others to do it for him.

Just guessing, of course.

As others have already suggested, if you do accept to do it, don’t do it for free.

Perhaps he wants to learn how to do it himself, and if that’s the case, he might not realize how much work and experience and skill video editing takes (or that he can’t learn how to do it by watching one video). Perhaps, after watching the video, he’ll realize that it’s time confusing and not easy at all, and that he’d prefer to hire others to do it for him.

Just guessing, of course.

As others have already suggested, if you do accept to do it, don’t do it for free.

Or buyer might say, it was so easy, what are you charging me for, cancel the order right now! 😂

Or buyer might say, it was so easy, what are you charging me for, cancel the order right now! 😂

buyer might say, it was so easy, what are you charging me for, cancel the order right now! 😂

And you say that you have delivered exactly as agreed, so the order isn’t eligible for a refund.

buyer might say, it was so easy, what are you charging me for, cancel the order right now! 😂

And you say that you have delivered exactly as agreed, so the order isn’t eligible for a refund.

Yes, I know, I was just kidding. Also, sometimes saying that doesn’t stop them from spamming the revision or cancellation button. I had an order in revision for 2 months. Buyer used to request cancellation/revision and I used to reject/deliver.

Recently, i came across a buyer who wanted his Video to be edited i completed his order according to his desire and request and delivered the order though he is online and received his order he didn’t mark it as completed. I just ignored as it gets marked automatically after 3 days, Now the 3rd day he puts the order in revision saying he wants to add subtitles aswell, I told him it isn’t the scope of order and you will have to pay extra for this addtional work. Now he stops reponding though he is online. I marked the order delivered again stating i got no response for the additional work. Still he didn’t accept the order. Just afraid he might put it in revision again On the third day after delivery. Just hate such buyers.

Recently, i came across a buyer who wanted his Video to be edited i completed his order according to his desire and request and delivered the order though he is online and received his order he didn’t mark it as completed. I just ignored as it gets marked automatically after 3 days, Now the 3rd day he puts the order in revision saying he wants to add subtitles aswell, I told him it isn’t the scope of order and you will have to pay extra for this addtional work. Now he stops reponding though he is online. I marked the order delivered again stating i got no response for the additional work. Still he didn’t accept the order. Just afraid he might put it in revision again On the third day after delivery. Just hate such buyers.

@prafulkharade I’m sorry you have to deal with someone so piggish as that! It sounds awful.

No don’t do that unless it’s part of your gig description to do it. Tell him you don’t offer that service. That’s my advice. He is being extremely over the top with that.

He might post it on youtube.

I wouldn’t like to work for him. He is not the only buyer though 🙂

Archived