Buyer is demanding a free revision in a never ending situation to a completed order

filomena_silva

Hi everyone,

My GIG clearly states that additional orders are not included, unless is my mistake. After an order be completed the buyer asked me a small revision that I did (twice), in order to provide a good service, since it was a very small thing to change. After the order be completed for more than 10 days he is demanding an additional revision, asking me to re-do a big part of the job again. I explained in a polite way how orders work and the timeframe that buyers have to ask a revision of the order, and I also explained the terms and conditions of my GIG again, in case buyer missed it, and I offered myself to do a revision for an additional amount. He refused and reacted harassing me and threatning me, sending more than 10 messages at each time demanding a free revision.

I reported the situation to CS with screenshots and CS advised me, besides this situation, to not end the communication with the buyer and answer to his messages because, otherwise, that could end in an order cancelation. I didn’t know that Fiverr could cancel an order after the order is complete, just because a freelance stop communication because he/she is being harassed.

I tried to find additional information at Fiverr help section but I couldn’t find anything specific regarding this situation. Can you please help me to understand if Fiverr has especific guidelines about how we should deal with this kind of situations? Thank you.

Sadly that is a situation here.
We saw quite a few cases where sellers blocked buyers for an abusive language and if one of them get very pissed off because of that and will complain to fiverr then fiverr will just cancel that order.

I personally think that fiverr should be better at handling this harassment situations and it actually makes “block” button totally useless but I see where are they coming from.

Sadly that is a situation here.

We saw quite a few cases where sellers blocked buyers for an abusive language and if one of them get very pissed off because of that and will complain to fiverr then fiverr will just cancel that order.

I personally think that fiverr should be better at handling this harassment situations and it actually makes “block” button totally useless but I see where are they coming from.

@mariashtelle1 I asked for feedback on this situation again but how the CS proceed is not clear to me. First they told me to not end the communication or I would risk an order cancelation. Then I asked again, because I was not understanding why a complete order can be canceled and a buyer who is harassing someone can have a refund and keep all the work done for free after having such kind of behavior. Then, they told me that if the buyer is still using bad language I can block him. But it’s not clear to me if I would risk an order cancelation anyway, as stated before, after I block him.

@mariashtelle1 I asked for feedback on this situation again but how the CS proceed is not clear to me. First they told me to not end the communication or I would risk an order cancelation. Then I asked again, because I was not understanding why a complete order can be canceled and a buyer who is harassing someone can have a refund and keep all the work done for free after having such kind of behavior. Then, they told me that if the buyer is still using bad language I can block him. But it’s not clear to me if I would risk an order cancelation anyway, as stated before, after I block him.

If the order has been completed for 10 days, the worst the buyer can do is threaten you with a chargeback, which is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service and would get the buyer’s account permanently banned. You would also have a case for asking Fiverr to cover you for the loss by proving you completed the requested work.

If I were in your shoes, I would block the buyer and move on. Chances are they’re full of hot air, and will get bored and move on to someone else. You’ve made the offer for the revision which has been refused, and tbh do you ever want to work with this buyer again anyway?

Hi everyone,

My GIG clearly states that additional orders are not included, unless is my mistake. After an order be completed the buyer asked me a small revision that I did (twice), in order to provide a good service, since it was a very small thing to change. After the order be completed for more than 10 days he is demanding an additional revision, asking me to re-do a big part of the job again. I explained in a polite way how orders work and the timeframe that buyers have to ask a revision of the order, and I also explained the terms and conditions of my GIG again, in case buyer missed it, and I offered myself to do a revision for an additional amount. He refused and reacted harassing me and threatning me, sending more than 10 messages at each time demanding a free revision.

I reported the situation to CS with screenshots and CS advised me, besides this situation, to not end the communication with the buyer and answer to his messages because, otherwise, that could end in an order cancelation. I didn’t know that Fiverr could cancel an order after the order is complete, just because a freelance stop communication because he/she is being harassed.

I tried to find additional information at Fiverr help section but I couldn’t find anything specific regarding this situation. Can you please help me to understand if Fiverr has especific guidelines about how we should deal with this kind of situations? Thank you.

to not end the communication with the buyer and answer to his messages

I love it when they do that. So helpful.

I’d reiterate that I delivered more work than I was paid for, attach the screenshot of my gig terms with important parts outlined in red to prove that and probably tell them that I’ll be happy to assist with extra work for extra payment (this I’m unsure about, I personally don’t work with a person after the threats start flying).

Then respond with this same message to whatever new insult they come up with.

And be prepared that this order can get refunded. There is a chance you’ll get compensated by fiverr as said above if you have proof that you’ve delivered complete work. But I’m not sure how often it happens.

PS Cancellation can happen regardless of whether you block a person or not.

Also, a word of advice from a fellow VO; Stop offering anything for $5.

It might sound silly on a site called Fiverr, but you’d be amazed what a difference it can make to simply raise your base price from $5 to $10 or $20. You don’t have to increase your rates (although you could, you’ve got the social proof to back it up!) - let’s say for $5 you offer 100 words, just start making your base price $10 for 200 words, and then $5 for every additional 100 words.

Most of the malicious buyers on this platform prey on sellers who charge low prices, and will think twice with anyone who charges higher rates. I’ve seen countless people try this and have it work for them - no guarantees of course, but it might be worth thinking about.

If the order has been completed for 10 days, the worst the buyer can do is threaten you with a chargeback, which is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service and would get the buyer’s account permanently banned. You would also have a case for asking Fiverr to cover you for the loss by proving you completed the requested work.

If I were in your shoes, I would block the buyer and move on. Chances are they’re full of hot air, and will get bored and move on to someone else. You’ve made the offer for the revision which has been refused, and tbh do you ever want to work with this buyer again anyway?

If I were in your shoes, I would block the buyer and move on.

@cubittaudio CS advised me to not do it and always answer the buyer, otherwise, if the buyer claims I risk a cancelation and the buyer can get a refund. Which I don’t understand, since the order is already completed and I received my money. I don’t understand why I need to answer at more 50 messages to a person who is harassing me…

Most of the malicious buyers on this platform prey on sellers who charge low prices, and will think twice with anyone who charges higher rates.

I can test it, yes, just to see if it works for me or not. But the most problems that I have around here is with people who are reselling my work to other clients. They believe that I have to be here, indefinitely, doing revisions everytime their clients ask it.

And be prepared that this order can get refunded.

@lenasemenkova Fiverr can cancel and refund a buyer after an order is complete just because I intent to stop answering someone who is harassing me? I don’t understand how this can be fair enough. I answered to more than 50 messages now, with lots of demandings from buyer. CS say that they are paying attention to his behavior, but they cannot tell me more.

I would simply send him a custom offer for the additional work needed.

@solow13 I sent. That’s why he started all this nonsense.

@cubittaudio CS advised me to not do it and always answer the buyer, otherwise, if the buyer claims I risk a cancelation and the buyer can get a refund. Which I don’t understand, since the order is already completed and I received my money. I don’t understand why I need to answer at more 50 messages to a person who is harassing me…

Most of the malicious buyers on this platform prey on sellers who charge low prices, and will think twice with anyone who charges higher rates.

I can test it, yes, just to see if it works for me or not. But the most problems that I have around here is with people who are reselling my work to other clients. They believe that I have to be here, indefinitely, doing revisions everytime their clients ask it.

@lenasemenkova Fiverr can cancel and refund a buyer after an order is complete just because I intent to stop answering someone who is harassing me? I don’t understand how this can be fair enough. I answered to more than 50 messages now, with lots of demandings from buyer. CS say that they are paying attention to his behavior, but they cannot tell me more.

Fiverr can cancel and refund a buyer after an order is complete just because I intent to stop answering someone who is harassing me?

Yes. It’s unfortunate, but they can.

CS say that they are paying attention to his behavior, but they cannot tell me more.

That seems to be a good sign, at least, as usually they’ll just say that they can’t tell you more.

Try to be as boring as possible in your replies, I guess, perhaps the buyer gets bored enough to leave you be eventually.

Fiverr can cancel and refund a buyer after an order is complete just because I intent to stop answering someone who is harassing me?

@lenasemenkova Oh, no…

Try to be as boring as possible in your replies, I guess, perhaps the buyer gets bored enough to leave you be eventually.

@miiila Maybe…

Welcome to fiverr 🙂 Where you get to whore your talent for $5 and endless revisions. I’m amazed this site is still open. We have a lot of sellers for whom the exchange rate from dollars is very favorable. For people in the developed world, making any real money is almost impossible. There are few exceptions that make the rule of course.

BINGO!!! It’s seller beware. After all, some folks just don’t want to pay at all and will use any excuse. I had one as my first customer. I did my part, twice and no pay.

Welcome to fiverr 🙂 Where you get to whore your talent for $5 and endless revisions. I’m amazed this site is still open. We have a lot of sellers for whom the exchange rate from dollars is very favorable. For people in the developed world, making any real money is almost impossible. There are few exceptions that make the rule of course.

Welcome to fiverr 🙂 Where you get to whore your talent for $5 and endless revisions.

This is a gross mischaracterization of Fiverr. It is also highly offensive to refer to $5 sellers as “whores”. There are many great sellers – $5 and above, and thousands of us offer few to no revisions.

Please don’t insult other sellers, just because you dislike Fiverr or the platform it offers.

Archived