Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer keeps asking for Revisions

Hello!

I hope you guys are doing well. Being on a professional website, we’re always taught to be professional but sometimes you can’t do it anymore & this is really getting on my nerves.

I had an order placed 12 days ago ( & it’s still in the process ) and this guy is a Top Buyer, a V.I.D

He ordered the basic package which comes with 3 revisions & 1 concept, yet this guy is requesting revisions again & again and he has requested more than that which is mentioned in the package. That’ll be the 8th concept delivered to him.

I’ve asked him that you’re out of revisions but he’s completely ignoring me. What should I do?

This is not the first time I’m experiencing this as I had one buyer the same as him & I canceled the order but this only damages my reputation ( not getting orders for some time )

What’s the best way to deal with this? I hope there’s another solution to this.

Thanks!

If they’ve used up the revisions it’s as simple as re-delivering the work you last delivered and informing them that you can keep working at an additional cost, the cost is up to you. Sadly, the revision button has no limits regardless of what you have set up on your gig, so it’s up to the seller to enforce his prices. Good luck :))

2 Likes

Point him at this part of the TOS -

“Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.”

And then send him a custom revision offer …

3 Likes

I have a pending order where the guy is demanding custom work, but only paid for him to pick out a premade template option. Sucks and know what you mean.

People are too much sometimes. Especially cheapscapes.

Thanks for the info! I’ll do it in the same way.

Got this! Thanks for the info!

I really don’t understand this. Many of my clients usually get their orders completed in a single day but this one is really getting on my nerves.

I’m very matter of fact about situations like this and fight fire with fire.

I would write another short message pointing out that he has used all his revisions and that if he continues to request further revisions, then you will alert customer support to his abusive actions, which in turn is highly likely to impact on his status as a Top Buyer - as customer support take abuse very seriously.

The buyer won’t like that of course. But they get what they deserve.

2 Likes

yea it sucks bro, just have to keep at it. I’ve tried to cancel with this buyer and he refused to cancel, repeatedly told him I cannot provide what he wants for 5 dollars. Refuses to cancel, and I believe the gig now is 4-5 weeks past due and reflects in my response and delivery date.

Of course, Fiver will not cancel the item when I tried contacting resolution. Instead of protecting the customer, Fiver should be protecting the seller as we make the website work and attracted buyers in the first place.

1 Like