Buyer keeps on asking for modifications

pixwebgraphics

Hey fellow sellers,

I am having this difficult situation where buyer keeps on asking for modification. Also, he would not ask for all the modifications in one request. Every time I deliver a modified work, he comes up with something new.

Initially he had provided a pdf for the content and I used the same content. Now after almost 10 revisions, he is asking to change that content he provided himself at the beginning.

To top that all, he uses a very rude language.

I am new on fiverr,so cant afford negative rating. And as I have put a lot of my time and effort into it, cancellation also seems not-so-good option.

Please suggest what can I do in this situation? How many more revisions should I provide?

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

you should write to support with proofs of your words (such as screenshots) and explain clearly the situation, this sounds like the buyer wants more than one gig done, or maybe he wants it for free.
Good luck!

Went trough the exact same situation my self when I was a beginner on Fiverr. The only advice I would give you is: do exactly as these members say… contact support through the “resolution center” panel. Hopefully, this should solve the problem.

Please be sure about the number of revisions you are offering…if its unlimited then they have the option of demanding the corrections whenever and whatever they want…and if not then you can charge more for the additional revisions…also specify the number of revisions on your gig description to comes out at this situation easily…

Guest plural_spot

Hmm…Sounds like the buyer want several tasks done.Maybe he is outsourcing, maybe he is just a person who wants a free delivery.Please Hold Tight! For now, you need to submit your situation with attached proofs to the Fiverr Customer Support.Next time try not to offer unlimited revisions and be more specific and merged on your offer.

Best regards,
Cristian

Disallowed Image spam removed.

In fiverr every seller having same problem but in last buyer is a king.If he want little bit more then provide him as a bonus. But if he want too much more or unlimited revisions with out extra money then only solution is cancel the order and avoid negative reviews.

Just like most above, I’ve had this problem as well. Here’s a blurb I’ll be posting… but I’ll post it here as well. Best,
David

1. If I can quickly do the revisions, I’ll generally try to just do it. Yes, it’s annoying, but you’re going to get a high maintenance customer once in a while. That’s just part of the game.

2. If it’s getting out of hand, you can explain all the work you’ve done, and detail all the revisions. And then say something to the effect of, “I hope you like this latest version. If you do require more revisions, I’d have to kindly ask that you order another gig, as revisions beyond this point are additional effort beyond the scope of our original agreement.”

3. If they are being rude to you, I just cancel the order. You have no time for that whatsoever. I’ve lost a few hours of hard work as a result of this, but that’s fine. just expect that will happen once in a while and you won’t be so disappointed and let down when it does.

4. Let them give you a bad review. I see all sorts of sellers on here that are hell-bent on maintaining a perfect 100% positive rating. And when it comes down to it, they are falsely doing that… because they just cancel or refund if the person doesn’t like it. That’s not 100% positive reviews!! That’s fake if you ask me. My reviews are completely accurate of what people think of me. I don’t live my life being constantly extorted and blackmailed by the rating system. You should try it as well. It’s liberating!

And so far Fiverr hasn’t punished me for not having a perfect rating. And I wouldn’t expect them to. There will be some times where you get a customer that impossible to please no matter what you do. You can deliver a solid bar of gold, and they will still give you 3 stars.

1. And as always your last resort is to contact customer service and let them help you through the situation. Personally, I’ve never had to do that. I’ve been able to get by on the four points above.

• 1 year later...

Just like most above, I’ve had this problem as well. Here’s a blurb I’ll be posting… but I’ll post it here as well. Best,

David

1. If I can quickly do the revisions, I’ll generally try to just do it. Yes, it’s annoying, but you’re going to get a high maintenance customer once in a while. That’s just part of the game.

2. If it’s getting out of hand, you can explain all the work you’ve done, and detail all the revisions. And then say something to the effect of, “I hope you like this latest version. If you do require more revisions, I’d have to kindly ask that you order another gig, as revisions beyond this point are additional effort beyond the scope of our original agreement.”

3. If they are being rude to you, I just cancel the order. You have no time for that whatsoever. I’ve lost a few hours of hard work as a result of this, but that’s fine. just expect that will happen once in a while and you won’t be so disappointed and let down when it does.

4. Let them give you a bad review. I see all sorts of sellers on here that are hell-bent on maintaining a perfect 100% positive rating. And when it comes down to it, they are falsely doing that… because they just cancel or refund if the person doesn’t like it. That’s not 100% positive reviews!! That’s fake if you ask me. My reviews are completely accurate of what people think of me. I don’t live my life being constantly extorted and blackmailed by the rating system. You should try it as well. It’s liberating!

And so far Fiverr hasn’t punished me for not having a perfect rating. And I wouldn’t expect them to. There will be some times where you get a customer that impossible to please no matter what you do. You can deliver a solid bar of gold, and they will still give you 3 stars.

1. And as always your last resort is to contact customer service and let them help you through the situation. Personally, I’ve never had to do that. I’ve been able to get by on the four points above.

Really helpful mate. Mostly about the part of liberation! I am going through some tough day here. Cause I’m a new seller and I’m already facing someone who keep asking for modifications. I have no problem with that though cause I really wanna give a better service to my buyers. But what’s frustrating is, when I was doing everything quick as possible, the buyer kept checking them after really long time and then he ask for a revision. Then again after 16 or 17 hour he ask for another revision. He is doing this for more than one day now.

It was my first order. So I didn’t expected it to be like this, and I was afraid about the review and stuff because of the big LATE. but anyway. Thanks to you, I actually don’t care anymore about this review and stuff. Thanks again.

Hey fellow sellers,

I am having this difficult situation where buyer keeps on asking for modification. Also, he would not ask for all the modifications in one request. Every time I deliver a modified work, he comes up with something new.

Initially he had provided a pdf for the content and I used the same content. Now after almost 10 revisions, he is asking to change that content he provided himself at the beginning.

To top that all, he uses a very rude language.

I am new on fiverr,so cant afford negative rating. And as I have put a lot of my time and effort into it, cancellation also seems not-so-good option.

Please suggest what can I do in this situation? How many more revisions should I provide?

Thanks in advance.

Now after almost 10 revisions, he is asking to change that content he provided himself at the beginning.

Did you offer UNLIMITED REVISION???

Archived