Buyer left bad review by mistake and I got a warning about my account

So, after delivering an order today, the buyer marked it as complete and then he wrote a review saying “Great Seller!”. But when I opened the notification I saw a 1,7 star rating! I messaged the buyer and he admited he wanted to leave 5 stars but by mistake he didn’t add any stars on “communication with the seller” and “would reccomenf” sections and he asked me to send him a request to modify his review, which I did. But even after that and while he accepted my request, he still didn’t change the rating. Again, he admited that he made a mistake and couldn’t figure out how to change the stars. He asked me to send a modification request again but obviously it is not allowed to send this type of request twice for the same order. So, next thing to try was to contact customer support and explain the situation. After doing that I received the following mail:

"To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you do not try to manipulate or find workarounds to ‘trick’ our system. This is considered as improper behavior and a violation of our Terms of Service.

This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!
The Fiverr team"

Seriously, do you think I violated any rule? I explained to them that the buyer made a mistake and he contacted CS himself. This is really frustating. I think fiverr should look more carefully into these type of issues and not just send automated messaged without first investigating the case in details…

I asked them to do so. Unfortunately I got the same automated message saying reviews can’t be changed etc

You may also have not the best buyer who also doesn’t want to care much to discuss his/her rating given to you.

You may also have not the best buyer who also doesn’t want to care much to discuss his/her rating given to you.

He gave me screenshots showing his discussion with customer support. He explained very well the issue and made it clear it waa his mistake and he want to Change his feedback but he got an answer similar to mine

@insects44 I got a confirmation from a buyer that it is indeed a bug after being hit by the 0-star nonsense. I had a 0 star on one of the three factors, and the buyer clearly told me that he marked all of them 5 stars, and his feedback confirms that he was fully satisfied with the delivery and service. I’ve also sent CS a ticket with images to prove this. UPDATE: CS got back to me, and they’ve sent the screenshots and my ticket to the appropriate department to further investigate this. I a…

I am sorry this happened to you. There seems to be a bug. You might want to read the post above. I had the same issue when a buyer reviewed through the app.

Buyer just got back to me with an aswer from Customer support telling him that the feedback cannot be changed becaouse I vliolated the TOS. I can’t understand what they are thinking… We both explained to CS that the negative review has been made by mistake and they keep telling that I violated the rules… So anoying…

Buyer just got back to me with an aswer from Customer support telling him that the feedback cannot be changed becaouse I vliolated the TOS. I can’t understand what they are thinking… We both explained to CS that the negative review has been made by mistake and they keep telling that I violated the rules… So anoying…

That’s sad and frustrating.

They also may find that you asked your buyer to change the review and maybe they think this violates TOS even though the buyer agree that made a mistake.

Guest offlinehelpers

So, after delivering an order today, the buyer marked it as complete and then he wrote a review saying “Great Seller!”. But when I opened the notification I saw a 1,7 star rating! I messaged the buyer and he admited he wanted to leave 5 stars but by mistake he didn’t add any stars on “communication with the seller” and “would reccomenf” sections and he asked me to send him a request to modify his review, which I did. But even after that and while he accepted my request, he still didn’t change the rating. Again, he admited that he made a mistake and couldn’t figure out how to change the stars. He asked me to send a modification request again but obviously it is not allowed to send this type of request twice for the same order. So, next thing to try was to contact customer support and explain the situation. After doing that I received the following mail:

"To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you do not try to manipulate or find workarounds to ‘trick’ our system. This is considered as improper behavior and a violation of our Terms of Service.

This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!

The Fiverr team"

Seriously, do you think I violated any rule? I explained to them that the buyer made a mistake and he contacted CS himself. This is really frustating. I think fiverr should look more carefully into these type of issues and not just send automated messaged without first investigating the case in details…

Seriously, do you think I violated any rule?

Nope - I don’t.

So anoying…

Putting it mildly, and now none of us will dare to ask any buyer about the feedback we’re left, just in case the same thing happens to us.

So, thank you for the warning, and you have all my sympathies.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi , for this issue use " visit the resolution center" option in your order page and through that request your buyer to change the rating.

Forget it ☀️

Seriously, do you think I violated any rule?

Nope - I don’t.

So anoying…

Putting it mildly, and now none of us will dare to ask any buyer about the feedback we’re left, just in case the same thing happens to us.

The most bizarre/annoying thing about this is the fact that:

• I seem to be getting more buggy reviews than ever. (One customer messaged me this month to apologize and ask if they could change their review. - I didn’t reply.)
  • Fiverr now tells us that when we close an order, a client will be told that we have closed an order and asked to rate their experience.

I don’t like that. It implies that by closing and order, sellers are doing something wrong. The problem is, I’m terrified of mentioning anything in a last message about reviews.

Lastly, why on Earth give sellers the opportunity to raise a dispute on an order to remedy reviews left in error, if doing so is against TOS? Clearly, Fiverr knows something is up with its buggy app.

Personally, if I was the buyer here, I would find telling me that a sellers actions were in breach of TOS a bit brutish. - To the point where this alone would sour my buying experience.

Who exactly does Fiverr hire to work in CS? Orcs from Lord of the Rings?

2ce75d.jpg.791f751bc6497d6317c3f8a47783a7aa.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

The most bizarre/annoying thing about this is the fact that:

• I seem to be getting more buggy reviews than ever. (One customer messaged me this month to apologize and ask if they could change their review. - I didn’t reply.)
  • Fiverr now tells us that when we close an order, a client will be told that we have closed an order and asked to rate their experience.

I don’t like that. It implies that by closing and order, sellers are doing something wrong. The problem is, I’m terrified of mentioning anything in a last message about reviews.

Lastly, why on Earth give sellers the opportunity to raise a dispute on an order to remedy reviews left in error, if doing so is against TOS? Clearly, Fiverr knows something is up with its buggy app.

Personally, if I was the buyer here, I would find telling me that a sellers actions were in breach of TOS a bit brutish. - To the point where this alone would sour my buying experience.

Who exactly does Fiverr hire to work in CS? Orcs from Lord of the Rings?

2ce75d

In the last few weeks I’ve had the same number of less than 5 star reviews as I had in the previous 3 and a half years.

2 of the 3 were left thinking they’d left 5 stars, and I haven’t dared ask about the most recent one because of this post.

In the last few weeks I’ve had the same number of less than 5 star reviews as I had in the previous 3 and a half years.

2 of the 3 were left thinking they’d left 5 stars, and I haven’t dared ask about the most recent one because of this post.

It’s the same for me. 4.7 reviews mainly, all which rate me down a star for communication. All, however, are from regulars whom I communicate extra with and give freebies like SEO tips and custom made images. It’s maddening, especially when you get an apology too!

I can’t survive on 4.7 stars when I need 4.8 just to keep my head above being categorized as a new seller!

It’s high time something got done about bugs and automated false positive penalties on sellers. These are months old problems which seem to be getting worse by the day.

Us freelancers do talk you know Fiverr and all things like this do is make if harder to defend the pre-existing prejudice against you that’s out there!

Guest offlinehelpers

It’s the same for me. 4.7 reviews mainly, all which rate me down a star for communication. All, however, are from regulars whom I communicate extra with and give freebies like SEO tips and custom made images. It’s maddening, especially when you get an apology too!

I can’t survive on 4.7 stars when I need 4.8 just to keep my head above being categorized as a new seller!

It’s high time something got done about bugs and automated false positive penalties on sellers. These are months old problems which seem to be getting worse by the day.

Us freelancers do talk you know Fiverr and all things like this do is make if harder to defend the pre-existing prejudice against you that’s out there!

Ditto - been there, done that with the ‘ordered by mistakes’.

Added - also have you noticed that 4.7 reviews get rounded down to 4.5 in the completed orders section?

Ditto - been there, done that with the ‘ordered by mistakes’.

Added - also have you noticed that 4.7 reviews get rounded down to 4.5 in the completed orders section?

No. But that’s just even more mental. I don’t even check my analytics anymore though. At present I’m more concerned with shaking up my entire freelance strategy. I’ve just put myself in vacation mode on my other platform for a week to cater for a big order I’ve just negotiated on Fiverr. After it’s over, though, I need to start experimenting with putting Fiverr in vacation mode for at least part of the month, in order to focus my energy on less demoralizing every day experiences.

This place is just becoming impossible to keep up with.

Guest offlinehelpers

No. But that’s just even more mental. I don’t even check my analytics anymore though. At present I’m more concerned with shaking up my entire freelance strategy. I’ve just put myself in vacation mode on my other platform for a week to cater for a big order I’ve just negotiated on Fiverr. After it’s over, though, I need to start experimenting with putting Fiverr in vacation mode for at least part of the month, in order to focus my energy on less demoralizing every day experiences.

This place is just becoming impossible to keep up with.

Here’s a new one for you:

[Zero%20stars] Anyone come up against this one, or is it new please? Buyer left feedback - it wasn’t 0 stars, but is shown as 5 empty stars at the top and bottom of the gig page, with the buyer’s proper stars and feedback at the bottom of the page. On my main profile page it hasn’t registered a feedback at all - just looks like any other new gig without any feedback. Don’t want to ask CS again, because I’ve still got an open ticket about previous feedback problems. woman_shrugging

I’m not saying your buyer is dumb… But your buyer is dumb.
I’m sorry you have to go through this. But even the best sellers get negative feedbacks. Just keep rolling anddoing your own thing. Just review him back and indicate that the buyer meant to leave a good review and people in the future will see it.

[Zero%20stars] Anyone come up against this one, or is it new please? Buyer left feedback - it wasn’t 0 stars, but is shown as 5 empty stars at the top and bottom of the gig page, with the buyer’s proper stars and feedback at the bottom of the page. On my main profile page it hasn’t registered a feedback at all - just looks like any other new gig without any feedback. Don’t want to ask CS again, because I’ve still got an open ticket about previous feedback problems. woman_shrugging

Yeah, it’s a new load of fun and games on an almost daily basis.

One can only wonder what the motivational posters on the walls of Fiverr HQ look like…

2ce978.jpg.2a7379d3a160f7983d2173a80fa40df0.jpg

Wow, this is some bizarre shit. Why are Sellers getting warnings if Buyers are initiating the feedback revision request? It doesn’t make any sense. I will not contact CS or use the feedback thingy via the resolution center, never have but this solidifies, why I would never. :roll_eyes:

@paschalisblack sorry this happened to you.

I’m not saying your buyer is dumb… But your buyer is dumb.

I’m sorry you have to go through this. But even the best sellers get negative feedbacks. Just keep rolling anddoing your own thing. Just review him back and indicate that the buyer meant to leave a good review and people in the future will see it.

your buyer is dumb.

In this case, that really doesn’t sound true and it’s not really a good thing to post on the forum. It does sound like the OP had a buyer who placed a review while a known bug was active. There should not be a way to leave zero stars on any section, which helps prevent an accident like this.

To the OP @paschalisblack - I’m sorry to hear this. I think it was a misunderstanding and it is true that most of us no longer even mentioned feedback or reviews to our buyers because this can happen so easily. Another moderator did try to forward some info about this type of thing to staff and hopefully it will help. In the meantime there may not be much you can do but be super careful. Hang in there and best of luck getting good reviews and no more warnings!

The same thing happened to me today, TWICE. 0-star review on “buy again or recommend”, resulting in a 3.3 star feedback and clearly a Bug. I’ve sent my ticket to CS for both orders under the “Bug” category and am awaiting their response.

Archived