Buyer need my email to add to his WP

samandcathe

Question

hello great minds,
A buyer order a gig from me. We have both agreed that I will help him post the articles on his website. He then needs my email address so that he can add it to his wp for me to have access to post the content on his website.
I know this is against the rule of Fiverr.
Please advice

5 answers to this question

Hi , you can ask your client to use their email or a random email to create a user for you. You don’t have to share you email. To login to a wordpress site you only need a user name & password.

Thanks for the response.

Can I ask him to drop the email and password for me?

Is that acceptable?

Thanks for the response.

Can I ask him to drop the email and password for me?

Is that acceptable?

Using words like “email” or “Pass” is against fiverr TOS.

if you are working on site panel like wordpress you can asked simply please provide “kindly provide you wordpress login forum details” but I will recommend you to contact CS before doing anything Good Luck!

Yes, best solution in this case is to have them use their own email or a made-up email (like from a one-time email site) to create your account. It is true that Wordpress asks for an email to create a new account, but they could just use their own, then provide you with the username and password.

Fiverr TOS do prohibit the sharing of personal info such as e-mail “to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted” and also says “Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page”

The wording as I understand it does provide some leeway for situations where it is necessary. So that could apply here, but since you can do the account without an e-mail, it is easier not to take any chance.

Archived