Buyer Not responding - The new method of trolls to hurt your statistics

hamipeleh

So let’s start with the fact that I’m a Seller on Fiverr since 2016,
Fiverr is not my main source of income, but I use it as a side income source.
In my gigs I provide customized solutions for WordPress websites, development, fixes, and more.
All of my customer reviews are good (4.9 stars+).

A month ago a customer contacted me asking for a fix in his website.
He wrote down a detailed list of what needed to be done in his website and I offered to do it for 65$.

Before I could start working, the client had to send me login information of the website / hosting server.
Although it is a requirement to enter login information in the order form, the customer inserted false information in the form fields a diagonal line “/” - just to to be able to order.

So basically, the client did not send me any login information, and I was unable to start working.
each time I asked for the details the buyer kept providing me weird excuses.

Chain of events:

-August 26, 2020
Buyer made an order (Order Duration: 5 Days):
the customer approved a custom offer of 65$.
First time I asked for login details (after order is made) - customer said he has to ask the builder of the website.

-August 31, 2020 (Extended Delivery: 5 days - approved by customer)
Second time I asked for login details (after order is made) - customer said he is not in the office and needs to check it - we extended the order time in 5 days so that the customer will be able to provide me with the details.

-September 05, 2020 (Extended Delivery: 7 days - approved by customer)
Third time I asked for login details - customer replied that he felt ill in COVID-19, we extended the order time in 7 days so that the customer will be able to provide me with the details.

September 11, 2020
I opened a request to Extended Delivery: 28 days - customer not responding
Fourth time I asked for login details - customer not responding, still didn’t receive any login information. cant start the work, asked to extend delivery for 28 days.

September 15, 2020
System Message: Since the buyer did not respond, the request was automatically withdrawn.

September 17, 2020
I opened a request to Extended Delivery: 28 days - customer not responding
customer not responding, still didn’t receive any login information. cant start the work, asked to extend delivery for 28 days.

September 21, 2020
System Message: Since the buyer did not respond, the request was automatically withdrawn.

The most illogical thing here is that Fiverr’s system automatically withdrawn requests of time extension even if the customer does not answer, it doesn’t matter if the reason of the request is “Buyer not responding!”
How can this make any sense?

September 29, 2020
almost month later, customer still didn’t answer,
So I decided to mark the order as complete and leave a message for the buyer to kindly contact me once he is available, to provide me with he details so I could complete the work.

October 01, 2020
The costumer asked for refund from Fiverr, and I get an order violation report!
WAIT, WHAT??? ORDER VIOLATION REPORT? AFTER ALL THIS I’M GETTING THE VIOLATION REPORT!? WHAT? OK.

image.thumb.png.b3cd201435584ea990337c99732a4635.png
image1152×930 59.6 KB

I tried to contact Fiver’s support, all I get is “robotic” answers, of “yes we understand you and blah blah” but not really helping and in the end the customer got the money back and I got a violation report.
I am very frustrated and disappointed with Fiverr’s support, and I know that $65 is not really worth my frustration.

So in fact if you want to hurt a user or your competitor in Fiverr, all you have to do is to make an order and then just don’t answer, everything else Fiverr will already take care of.

The bright side:
To be honest, in most cases (over 70%) of the leads/inquiries that pops in my inbox are customers who are trying to save every penny (they don’t have), and looking to buy a service at rates that are not worth working on. answering all these bad leads is just wasting valuable time.

I’m leaving Fiverr and I’m going to save myself a lot of precious time.

Goodbye 😇

Instead of marking it complete (which is against the TOS when the work hasn’t been done) maybe you could have requested to cancel if they weren’t extending the delivery. I think cancelling is automatic after a few days if the buyer does nothing. Though it would have affected stats (unless you could have got CS to cancel it without it dong that) it would be better than getting a warning for marking it complete without the work being done.

Archived