Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer opening a dispute for no reason

Hey guys, just wanting to ask a quick question regarding a situation. I do voiceovers by the way, before you read below.

I had made an offer to a buyer through “buyer requests” a few days back, and last night I noticed that he/she had placed an order (accepting this order) for the price I had offered for the exact script uploaded in these requests.

BUT the buyer had provided 2 scripts, almost the same length in the offer I made for him, meaning the wordcount was almost doubled. I had offered to make a modification to the order price, in order to do both scripts within the same timeframe (1 day), but that it would be an extra $5 for the second script as it was not mentioned by the buyer when I made this offer, so it was not what we had agreed on.

I tried to contact him or her about this more than once, but there was no reply. So I had said that if there is no reply or no acceptance to my modification, I will deliver the 1st script for the price offered initially as agreed from the start.

I have just delivered this work and within minutes, without any message, the buyer opens a dispute wanting to cancel the order and saying the quality of the work is poor (which it isn’t). I know obviously each seller would not describe their work as poor, but I am an honest seller on Fiverr and I have spent hours recording & editing any breaths / whitenoise making the voiceover professional and of high quality as I do with each piece I deliver.

My question is… what would you do as the seller? I have an option of ‘declining’ or ‘accepting’ this dispute… but I’ve never come across any of this so I’m a bit unsure what it does or means. I feel I’m personally in the right in this case, and that it might just be a false claim to either use the work I’ve delivered for free or to get back at me for not delivering both of the scripts for cheap as it wasn’t what we agreed on.

Let me know your thoughts & experiences with things like this please as I’m new to it and I’m unsure as to what to do. I’ve tried to message and ask what they feel is the problem, but again, no reply.

1 Like

Decline. And make an offer for the full price of the second script.

Also quote the TOS: “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

Also (I know they didn’t ask for a revision, but still … ): “Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.”

You - and they! - agreed what was to be done and you deserve to be paid. Stand your ground.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking the same as what you have just said. I’m a bit confused as to whether I should decline and stand my ground as that’s what I would always do, and risk a bad review for literally no reason. Or if I should accept to avoid the review.

I don’t want future buyers to judge me on 1 bad review, when it wasn’t something I was at fault for if that makes sense. But it’s also not like me to not stand up for what I feel is right…

If a buyer increases the scope and expects the price to say the same, DO NOT WORK WITH THEM. Cancel and block.

They are either a scammer or an entitled, unscrupulous, terrible buyer.

No buyer who pulls this stunt is going to behave ethically in the future.

I’m sorry this happened to you but you really need to think more critically.

1 Like

I agree, I’ve tried to be understanding, respectful and fair to everyone as I’m still “new” and obviously trying to gain orders, but I don’t think this is fair on any seller to be happening. And buyers who even feel this is okay to do need to have a rethink about what they are really wanting to do on this site.

Easy situation, cancel the order.

1 Like